Any big momma's out there?

Reading the website they do seem to have gone straight for the worst possible things they can think of.

sarafused Congratulations! He's gorgeous! :)

I had my first scan yesterday and it was lovely! Baby was kind of curled up with it's back facing my front so they had quite a time trying to get the measurements for the NT screening but when they did the numbers were 1.7 which is excellent. I was so happy to see a healthy HB and active baby :)

[IMG]https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x233/Becca_Anne_album/May%202011/May2011-1-4.jpg[/IMG]

congratulations! lovely scan pic - I almost miss the early days (almost!)....

I'm not going to worry too much about it now. I had my 36wk growth scan today and the sonographer didn't seem too concerned. She asked it I had GD as it would affect the overall results and then asked me how heavy Freya was born (7lbs 14oz)..... I said is she big and the sonographer answered 'YES but I'm not too concerned' and gave me a reassuring smile.

I see the consultant tomorrow morning as they couldn't get me a same day appointment for after my scan today.... So I will see what she say's in the morning. Both me and DH are fatties so atleast one of our babies was going huge lol. This LO will be DH third as he has a son from a previous relationship and he was 8lbs 11oz born.

Todays scan shows
AC (abdominal circumf) above 97th centile
FL (femur length) 95th centile
AFI (anionic fluid) 95-97.5th centile
EFW (est fetal weight) 7lbs 9oz

So I'm 36+1 weeks with potentially a giant inside me. They say that after 32wks or so baby gains about 8oz (half a lb) in weight a week. With 4 weeks to go and the possiblity of going over my due date by a fortnight.......thats an added 3lbs to babies weight..... Not sure if I'm prepared to push out a 10 to 11 pounder lol.... Oh well I better start preparing............

xxx

Baby might come early. :hugs: My last baby was a full lb heavier than my previous ones and he was born 3 wks early at 7 lbs 15 oz! I was shocked at how big he was, and thinking goodness if he was born full term how much he would have weighed! He's a big kid too!

Ogrebabies - maybe now is the time to start massaging your perineum!!

And if he is too big, won't they induce you rather than let you go too far over?

Good luck....

ogrebabies - talking to as many mum's as I can possibly find, they all say their bigger babies were easier because the contractions had something to push against so labor was quicker and more efficient. If that helps. x

Morning Ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days - I have been to visit my family.

Well my panic about baby being too small is over - she must be growing because I don't just see kicks any more, my baby really ripples when she moves now!! And I think she has finally found my ribs lol.

Amy - how are you sweetie? Have you gone back to work or are you still off resting? Hope you are feeling better anyway xxxx

My sister text me last night she had heard about a woman who gave birth to her baby 5wks early - weighing 11lbs 9ozs!! Now that is a really scary thought, imagine how big it would have been if she had gone full term - OUCH!!!!!

Hope all you lovely ladies are well and that everyone has a great day xxx

Hi Betty - I'm god thanks hon. Have been signed off till start of mat leave so enjoying long lie ins and lazy days...actually will have to do some hosuework soon, as have not done any for a week and am living in a pig sty!

Glad all is well with you hon x

Aw glad you are all sorted now and are having a nice relaxing time.

This is my 2nd wk on mat leave and I haven't really done much so far to be honest lol! In fact i'm still in bed now hahaha.

Going to get up in a minute though because I'm getting hungry lol

Hello again, ladies. Not been much activity here for a while. I've kept checking. I'm trying to bring on the nesting instinct by cleaning and tidying - it's obviously not working because here I am, cruising the internet instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Oh well, I've managed to partially tidy the front room. Off I go - cup of coffee and back on it - only 54 days left to due date, better get a move on.

Betty, glad your LO is growing well. Not long now.

Hello again, ladies. Not been much activity here for a while. I've kept checking. I'm trying to bring on the nesting instinct by cleaning and tidying - it's obviously not working because here I am, cruising the internet instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Oh well, I've managed to partially tidy the front room. Off I go - cup of coffee and back on it - only 54 days left to due date, better get a move on.

Betty, glad your LO is growing well. Not long now.

I know what you mean - I haven't had the nesting instinct either and my house really needs a bit of a going over!!!

What is everyone up to today?

I am going for a trip into Derby with DH. First stop will be Wetherspoons for a full english (DH is veggie and they do one for him too lol), then we are going to have a nice slow wander round the shopping centre to make a start on buying Christmas gifts, and then we have tickets for the matinee performance of an Inspector Morse mystery at the local theatre!!!

It's going to be a fun-packed day for me!!!!!

Hope everyone is well and has a lovely day.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I saw my consultant on Thursday morning and she didn't seem concerned. She asked if I was anxious about having a big baby and I answered NO! She also mentioned that alot of women opt for early induction with a larger baby but I told her I wasn't interested in that as she said 'Good!'. The only concern she raised was possible shoulder dystocia where the head is delivered but the shoulders get stuck but reassured me that they will be ready for that should it occur. She also told me that they will only allow me to go 12 days over due before they will insist on induction. I'm hoping it wont get to that stage as I really don't want to feel forced in to going through an induction with out a reasonable medical reason like placenta deterioration not just because baby is late..... IYKWIM!

Ikwym, ogrebabies! I am scared of an induction, cos of the drip, and constant monitoring, and not being able to be as active as i would like.... for me too I'd want a bloody good medical reason for that!

Am a bit worried today, as seeing consultant on Monday and think all the stuff I've managed to avoid so far may be about to happen...my mw has been really supportive, said no need for consultant involvement, normal pregnancy, normal birth, water birth ok if I want...I was so pleased!

Then with bleed last week I went to hospital and they picked up on bmi and said I had to see a consutant, who presumably can over-ride the mw? I'll be bloody furious if he does - taking my mum with me to help. my only trump card is to say if they won't let me have the borth I want in hospital we'd better start making arrangements for a home birth...not that I'd have the nerve to go through with it!

I wouldn't worry too much about the consultant love, it's just to cover their own backs.

I see my consultant again after my growth scan a week on tuesday but I'm not expectint him to tell me anything I don't already know - he didn't last time. He just confirmed I was there to see him because of my bmi, said I would need a gtt (which I was already booked in for), told me I would get an appointment to see an anaesthatist and he wanted me to have a growth scan at 32wks. Then he left the room and that was it!

They may get you an appointment with an anaesthatist too like they did with me - just to go over options should you need them - but the woman I saw was happy that she could give me an epidural in an emergency (if I hadn't already opted to have one earlier) and was also happy that she could get a tube down my throat if i needed to be knocked out completely and that she wants me to have an active a birth as possible.

If he does try to limit your options just stick to your guns love, but they won't intervene unless they have to because it takes up time and resources - a normal, active birth is ideal all round if possible.

Hi has anyone found a good supportive nursing bra I am a 42 f and don't want to spend a fortune

ooh, good question abstersmum... though I'm sure the brands differ from the UK to the US. I've read good things about Bravado (not sure if thats available there) I also don't know anyone who has tried that brand.

I LOVED my bravado bras last time. That reminds me I need to order some! I got some more maternity clothing on order, a pair of dress slacks and 3 shirts. That should be enough with the clothes I already have on hand. The one thing I still need is a nice sweater. I haven't liked any that I've seen yet.

any tips on sizing? I haven't exceeded my normal size yet.. .I hear the average is 2 cup sizes... any idea what I should do? Especially since they're so expensive!

I'm buying one size up from my normal size (band size, not cup size) because it's my 5th baby and I won't engorge as much. I wear a small US DD/38 non pregnant so I'm ordering the DD/E L+ size bra from bravado. It's hard to know ahead of time, but they are very stretchy and I think you'd be safe ordering one size up in that brand. You will only be that much bigger while you are engorged, usually you go down a bit after the first week. I don't think I ever went up 2 cup sizes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->