Any big momma's out there?

GL with your scan on Tuesday Betty. I hope you are still on :pink: But that is very smart to wait before getting bedding etc. I am going to remember that one! Congrats on the weight loss too. Is that something you have been trying for? If so, I'd certainly love to know your secret. :haha:

By the way, is it normal to be so tired that it's difficult to accomplish much of anything? :shrug:I come home from work and go straight to the couch. I spend my weekends in bed or on the couch. It has just been very difficult to bring myself to do anything! Just hoping this subsides during second tri.

No I haven't tried at all, it's just happened because bad morning sickness stopped me eating very much and now I don't have a very big appetite - not complaining though!!!

Yeah it's normal to feel really tired during first tri - its because your body is concentrating on developing all of LO's vital organs, takes a lot of energy!

Most of the time I would be in bed by 7.30pm because I was so exhausted.

You should start to feel a bit more energetic after around 12wks - for me it was about 16wks. Then by the time you hit third tri it will be back to having no energy again and feeling like a lead weight is in your stomach lol.

I was having a wander around town with DH this afternoon and as I was waddling along I could feel my belly swinging from side to side - it was as if mummy was rocking her to sleep hahahaha!

GL with your scan on Tuesday Betty. I hope you are still on :pink: But that is very smart to wait before getting bedding etc. I am going to remember that one! Congrats on the weight loss too. Is that something you have been trying for? If so, I'd certainly love to know your secret. :haha:

By the way, is it normal to be so tired that it's difficult to accomplish much of anything? :shrug:I come home from work and go straight to the couch. I spend my weekends in bed or on the couch. It has just been very difficult to bring myself to do anything! Just hoping this subsides during second tri.

No I haven't tried at all, it's just happened because bad morning sickness stopped me eating very much and now I don't have a very big appetite - not complaining though!!!

Yeah it's normal to feel really tired during first tri - its because your body is concentrating on developing all of LO's vital organs, takes a lot of energy!

Most of the time I would be in bed by 7.30pm because I was so exhausted.

You should start to feel a bit more energetic after around 12wks - for me it was about 16wks. Then by the time you hit third tri it will be back to having no energy again and feeling like a lead weight is in your stomach lol.

I was having a wander around town with DH this afternoon and as I was waddling along I could feel my belly swinging from side to side - it was as if mummy was rocking her to sleep hahahaha!

:rofl: I just got a funny image!!

morning all!

hoping to be on here a lot more again now!
weekly midwife appointments to keep an eye on my blood pressure so the time is flying by

have another growth scan on the 30th when ill be 34 weeks as babys growth was above average at the last scan.

i was 30 weeks but babys head and abdomen was measuring 34 weeks and her legs 31 weeks. (i put the short legs down to the fact that the babys daddy is only 5ft 3 with virtually no legs lol!)

went to see the midwife thurs when i was 32 weeks n 2 days n according to her my fundal height is 37 weeks! eeek. so i think its fair to say i am havin a large baby, which is a puzzle, no one in my family has had large babies and my GTT test came back completely normal!

just one of those things i suppose lol! Lucky me!

anyway just thought i would update with a bump piccy as i havnt done one since 25 weeks, so i did this one this morning at 32 weeks and 5 days :)

hope everyone else is well :) xxx

Attachments

• IMGP2169.jpg
    IMGP2169.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP2170.jpg
    IMGP2170.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP2167.jpg
    IMGP2167.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 5
Wow terrri that is one heck of a bump - love it!!! I'm so jealous because you really can't tell I'm pregnant unless I wear certain tops - just can't get the 'b' to pop out, it just keeps moving further up lol!!!!

aww betty! i think she has dropped a little bit this week which is why it looks so round if that makes sense? lol

im glad i finally have a definate bump now, was gettin fed up of the is she fat or pregnant stares lol!

got on the scales this morning n im not happy :( iv put on 2st 6lb (34lbs!)

im hoping a lot of it is baby and fluid but i doubt it, i think those cravings have finally caught up with me and my hips haha!

ah well im hoping after the baby is here that the mixture of breastfeeding and slimming world will help me lose the weight.

does anyone know of any reasons why my baby could be measuring 3-4 weeks ahead, consistently since 27 weeks? im jus a little concerned as it obviously wasnt a one off growth spurt :S and if she continues to be so far ahead will they bring her early? i jus have no idea!!

on a high note tho my sister finally had her baby 2 weeks overdue! 6lb 4oz she is a dot lol but she is gorgeous, she is making me so broody lol!

xxxx

p.s betty im sure u look a lot more pregnant than u think, before i took those pics this mornin i thought i jus looked podgy, it wasnt until i looked back on the pics that i realised how round and egg like i was looking lol

xxxx

Terri, I've put on about 2 stone too - it was just a few lbs for ages but then I just suddenly got massive. My bump has dropped too, at least I think it has.

I've heard that they aren't THAT great at predicting baby size... lots of women get told they have a 9lbder but instead give birth to a 7lb baby etc...

I've heard that they aren't THAT great at predicting baby size... lots of women get told they have a 9lbder but instead give birth to a 7lb baby etc...

I hope that's true for me!

lol! it wasnt the weight i was concerned about lol, they are saying that her head and abdomen are measuring 4 weeks ahead of what i should be :S

well im sure whatever shape or size she is she is going to be beautiful and mine :D

i was shocked to discover i had put so much on :( gettin on the scales and seeing 19st 7lb was a shock as i dnt feel like i weight that, if you know what i mean???

thankfully my midwife hasnt sed anything about it, cos the way im feeling i would probably b in floods of tears!

xxxxx

At the end of the day, what goes on can always come back off again - even if it does take a little work.

I'm hoping that I can keep all this weight off once my LO arrives and I don't get back into old habits - that's my main worry because I know what I am like lol!

Lovely bump :) I am looking forward to having a real bump instead of just bloat!

:hi:
Just thought I'd pop in :)
I'm a big momma :D

I was 15st 2lbs pre-pregnancy, and 14st at my 12week appt.
I'm now 26weeks and 14st 7lbs.... hoping not to hit the 15st mark again! x

:hi:
Just thought I'd pop in :)
I'm a big momma :D

I was 15st 2lbs pre-pregnancy, and 14st at my 12week appt.
I'm now 26weeks and 14st 7lbs.... hoping not to hit the 15st mark again! x

Hello love - welcome to the club!

Oooooh I have no clue how to do it, but maybe someone could help design a banner or something for our sigs???

Anyone think this is a good idea? What should we put on it?

I had actually made a blinkie for a similar thread I opened on a sister site, if you want to have a look? :blush:
I'd love a little banner or something! Ooooh!

I had actually made a blinkie for a similar thread I opened on a sister site, if you want to have a look? :blush:
I'd love a little banner or something! Ooooh!

Ooooh would love a look please!

Morning Ladies!

Just got home from my growth scan - and everything looks fine! Measurements are within normal parameters but at the smaller end of the scale - weighing just under 4lbs at the moment. We have been booked in for another scan in 2 weeks to check on progress. Will post the scan pic when I upload it later.

And we are still on team pink :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->