Any big momma's out there?

Hello ladies :hi: I just had a quick question. Pre-pregnancy I wore size 20/22 US. I've got this big pouch of jiggly stuff that hangs bellow my belly button and I'm just wondering if that will turn hard or will the hardness be underneath that? I am so excited to get a bump and I keep trying to feel for it but I have no idea what and where to feel. Any suggestions?

i never lost my big jelly apron with my twins, i just had this huge beachball with my gross underhang :haha: with the right clothes you couldnt notice it, but i knew it was there.

Hello ladies :hi: I just had a quick question. Pre-pregnancy I wore size 20/22 US. I've got this big pouch of jiggly stuff that hangs bellow my belly button and I'm just wondering if that will turn hard or will the hardness be underneath that? I am so excited to get a bump and I keep trying to feel for it but I have no idea what and where to feel. Any suggestions?

Hiya love!!! Nice to see you over here!!!!

I still have my flabby bit below my belly button and at first you can only feel the hardness if you feel underneath it, but now I can feel it around my belly button too - I hope you will know what I mean if you take another look at my bump pics.

When I had my first scan at 12wks the sonographer found LO underneath my flappy bit, but for my 20wk scan she found her THROUGH it.

I'm so excited that you are here - let's hope that the others join us soon :happydance:

I still have my flabby bit below my belly button and at first you can only feel the hardness if you feel underneath it, but now I can feel it around my belly button too - I hope you will know what I mean if you take another look at my bump pics.

When I had my first scan at 12wks the sonographer found LO underneath my flappy bit, but for my 20wk scan she found her THROUGH it.

I'm so excited that you are here - let's hope that the others join us soon :happydance:

Thanks Betty! I understand what you mean.

How is the nursery coming along?

Sounds like what you have suggested would be the best course of action love - cut out the junk and eat lots of fruit and veg - just don't cut out all the other important stuff like wholemeal bread and milk.

Now you are past 12wks it would be an ideal time to start some gentle exercise too.

Good luck love!

Thanks Betty! I understand what you mean.

How is the nursery coming along?

Well it's come to a bit of a standstill at the moment because we are waiting until after our growth scan next week before we buy the bedding and curtains - just in case there has been a mistake with which team we are on lol!!!!

All the decorating is done (apart from the door which DH has had to take off and sand down), the carpet is down and all the furniture is up, so it's really just the soft furnishings and finishing touches that are needed now.

Hi ladies.... I'm so disorganised at the mo... I have just done my birth plan and would like to see what you think! I didn't really do one with my first as I wasn't really sure what I wanted with it being my first time and being terrified and all that. But this time around I know exactly what I want and don't want but would like a bit of feed back please!

I haven't even packed mt hospital bag yet and I'm 37wks today. I still need to shop for a few things, like a bag lol xx

Birth Plan
By Hayley & Stephen Hudson

I am hoping for a intervention free, natural birth, with minimal monitoring. I would like (if vacant) to use the birthing pool and want to be free to move around freely and not tied to the bed with monitors. I would also like to use a birthing ball (I have my own if needed). I had a very quick problem free labour and delivery with my daughter and am hoping for the same this time…….. minus the DRUGS.

I am hoping to use the HYPNOBIRTHING TECHNIQUE during my labour and require NO DRUGS. I would however like a gas and air mouth piece on standby to help regulate my breathing during contractions if needed. I would prefer not to be told or ‘cheered’ on when it’s time to push.

I have been made aware that SHOULDER DYSTOCIA is a high possibility but would prefer that intervention occurs only if she shows signs of distress or by my request.

I would like the cord to remain attached until the placenta has stopped pulsating and for Stephen NOT to be asked to cut the cord. I am also NOT opting for the injection for the Third Stage (delivery of the placenta) unless medically necessary. I want immediate skin to skin to initiate breastfeeding. No need to clean or wrap her up.

We are also opting out of Seren receiving Vitamin K. Are stitches necessary?? I would like to avoid these to heal on my own if possible, please.

I understand that my birth plan subject to change and adaptation regarding medical problems and emergencies but would like it to be adhered to, to the best of the medical staffs abilities even in an emergency.

PS. Stephen has a problem with the sight of blood and may pass out.

Birthing Pool & Birth Ball
Minimal Monitoring
NO drugs
NO Coaching to push
DO NOT Cut the Cord
Immediate SKIN 2 SKIN
NO Vitamin K
Intervention Free

hi betty and ladies :D

sorry i have been away for so long, just had a lot going on and been tied up at the hospital,

its nice to read thru and see how everyone has been doing :) and nice to see the new ladies aswell!!

cant believe im 32 weeks already ! tho these last few weeks are going to drag now :(

xxxxx

hi betty and ladies :D

sorry i have been away for so long, just had a lot going on and been tied up at the hospital,

its nice to read thru and see how everyone has been doing :) and nice to see the new ladies aswell!!

cant believe im 32 weeks already ! tho these last few weeks are going to drag now :(

xxxxx

Hi terrri nice to see you back - I've missed you!!!

I know what you mean about things dragging, I'm nowhere near prepared though so knowing my luck it will fly by and nothing will be ready lol!!

Big hugs to you :hugs:

ogre - are your requests for some things (like the placenta injection and vitamin K thing) based on research or past experience? Just curious what those are about!

My friend didnt get totally stitched up... she ended up back 6 days later and they said she was basically turning inside out in the are they missed. She also ended up with a bladder infection because it was so painful to pee (due to the unstitched tear) that she stopped drinking enough fluids etc... Anyway, she had no clue this area was unstitched so I don't know if there are some tears they can leave alone or not.

The Vit K and Third stage labour are based on research and conversations I've had with both friends and my community MW. I had both with DD because I didn't know that I could opt out if I wanted. I didn't realise I had a choice....

As for the stitching..... I have never been right down there since being stitched after having my DD. The stitches I needed were inside and only 3 required but was pulled inside out for this and things have never returned due to scar tissue. But the fact they have told me to prepare for a big baby has left me with the probability that I will need stitches anyway.... It's just nice to live in hope that I wont!!!!

My DD wasn't big 7lb 14oz born and a tiny head but she came out so fast she was bruised and I tore.

Good morning ladies!!!

How are we all this morning?

My LO is getting very wriggly now - it feels very strange but I love it!!!

I have my growth scan on Tuesday. I have to admit I'm getting a bit nervous because there are so many ladies on here who have been told they are having a girl only to find out later on that actually it's a boy!!!

It doesn't matter to me what we have, it's just we have gone all out on the pink and it would mean having to start again if she turns out to be a he lol!!!

How exciting Betty! I hope you are still team pink :) I have my gender scan Dec 23rd and I'm really excited about it :) Just 2 more weeks of class and I'm on winter break which is going to be bliss! Of course I have to study the whole time for my boards but I can do it in my yoga pants and under a cozy blankie on the couch :)

How exciting Betty! I hope you are still team pink :) I have my gender scan Dec 23rd and I'm really excited about it :) Just 2 more weeks of class and I'm on winter break which is going to be bliss! Of course I have to study the whole time for my boards but I can do it in my yoga pants and under a cozy blankie on the couch :)

That sounds like a good plan!! I have lived in my comfy, baggy trousers since I started maternity leave!

Good Morning all!

Well I have just had the shock of my life - got on the scales for the first time in a few weeks and discovered I have lost another half stone!!! That is 3 stone in total since getting my bfp!!!

No bloody wonder my bump doesn't seem to be getting any bigger lol!!!

Hope you are all well and have a great weekend xxx

Bloody hell Betty, you'll disappear at this rate! If you breastfeed you'll be a size 10 by the summer!

I'm ok, blood loss seems to be slowing right down and they still don't know what it is or why it's happening. Scan yesterday showed no damage to the placenta.

The BIG news is that Solomon seems to be picking up the weight Betty's dropping! At 33 weeks he weighs 5lb9oz (give or take 1/2 lb either way)..... and I don't have diabetes! Imagine if I had GD too, given that a healthy pregnancy is resulting in such a whopper! I've only gained about a stone, most of which seems to be bean and fluid and placenta etc...

5lb9oz!!!

Hey Girls!
I had my 25 week appointment on wednesday and im measuring just over 26weeks. so a week ahead for my little one!! :)

She has been moving constantly since last night, i cant believe it hehe!!
Just got this baby update thingy on facebook and it says she'll soon be moving to be head down, crazy to think!!

How is everyone :)
x

GL with your scan on Tuesday Betty. I hope you are still on :pink: But that is very smart to wait before getting bedding etc. I am going to remember that one! Congrats on the weight loss too. Is that something you have been trying for? If so, I'd certainly love to know your secret. :haha:

By the way, is it normal to be so tired that it's difficult to accomplish much of anything? :shrug:I come home from work and go straight to the couch. I spend my weekends in bed or on the couch. It has just been very difficult to bring myself to do anything! Just hoping this subsides during second tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->