Any big momma's out there?

Hi ladies! Just thought I'd pop in and say hello! :hi:

I'm a big momma too - was a size 22 before becoming pregnant and am now 27 weeks (have no idea what I actually weigh though cos I've been avoiding the scales! Lol)

Have any other big ladies found that their bump hasn't quite rounded out yet? I'm not worried about it cos it means most people assume I'm just fat instead of pregnant - which I quite like cos it means I have less people touching me randomly, talking to me while staring at my stomach and insisting that I cannot do anything for myself anymore!! - but was just curious how many others were the same? x

I'm a big momma too - was a size 22 before becoming pregnant and am now 27 weeks (have no idea what I actually weigh though cos I've been avoiding the scales! Lol)

Have any other big ladies found that their bump hasn't quite rounded out yet? I'm not worried about it cos it means most people assume I'm just fat instead of pregnant - which I quite like cos it means I have less people touching me randomly, talking to me while staring at my stomach and insisting that I cannot do anything for myself anymore!! - but was just curious how many others were the same? x

Me! I still have a very prominent 'b' shape which I don't think will pop out at all, so I just look fat when I'm out and about.

Welcome to the club by the way - I hope everything is progressing well for you xxx

hi hun, i posted a recent bump pic at 32 weeks n i think 4 days. its a page or two back, i didnt really pop until abouut a week ago, and i think i look quite round in that piccy :)

i still have a little bit of fat that hangs below the belly but when i have jeans and a top on u cnt see it

im sure u look radiant either way hun xxxx

Morning Ladies!

Just got home from my growth scan - and everything looks fine! Measurements are within normal parameters but at the smaller end of the scale - weighing just under 4lbs at the moment. We have been booked in for another scan in 2 weeks to check on progress. Will post the scan pic when I upload it later.

And we are still on team pink :happydance:

:happydance: Glad everything is going well Betty! Can wait to see the scan! :D

Welcome to the club Jess!
Ooh, I know what you mean about just feeling fat - my bump is quite prominent now [I feel huuuuge!], but I have a "flabby bit" at the bottom of it which means I just look fat half the time, unless I can hide it away in some big jeans!
Thank God for over-the-bump jeans and tunic tops! :dohh:

Welcome to the club Jess!
Ooh, I know what you mean about just feeling fat - my bump is quite prominent now [I feel huuuuge!], but I have a "flabby bit" at the bottom of it which means I just look fat half the time, unless I can hide it away in some big jeans!
Thank God for over-the-bump jeans and tunic tops! :dohh:[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about the over the bump jeans! - I managed to get some from funmum in the sale and I've just lived in them since I was about 10 weeks! They definitely help cos I've got a flabby bit at the top with a smaller bit at the bottom and it looks so silly but the panel bit on the jeans really helps to smooth it over! Lol :happydance: xx

Sorry for the silly quote bit not coming out properly...not quite sure what I did wrong there!

Hi Ladies,

Hope that everyone is well.

I had my first on the belly scan last week the sonographer had to press pretty hard to get a view of my little beany who is measuring just over 8 weeks all I was bothered about was seeing a lovely little heartbeat :happydance: the screen was a bit grainy which I expected due to my belly fat.

My BP is already high at 142/90 I think? I have my first midwife and Doctors appointments next week oh noooooo the dreaded scales I usually avoid them at all costs..although I have lost about half a stone already due to constant nausea I did in my last pregnancy also although I was 4 stones lighter and my bmi was 30 it's now 40 so I'm dreading the comments next week :blush:

Hi Tommee!

My bmi was 44 at my booking appointment and I have not had any negative comments the whole way through my pregnancy - fingers crossed you won't either.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Hi girls, hope you're all getting on OK. Well I've got myself in a right tizzy, as I got my consultant appointment through today. Its 29th December and I'm worried silly, and now I'm worrying it will taint Christmas as I'll be worrying so much about it. When I had my daughter I seem to remember it being a quick in and out, but that was 8 years ago. Will it be similar to that now? Can I expect to be weighed again? I have really bad white coat syndrome, and stress even at regular midwife and Doc appointments, should I see if my midwife will make a note of that, and then if my BP is slightly raised they maybe won't be concerned?? Help me get some sanity back please!!!

Hi girls, hope you're all getting on OK. Well I've got myself in a right tizzy, as I got my consultant appointment through today. Its 29th December and I'm worried silly, and now I'm worrying it will taint Christmas as I'll be worrying so much about it. When I had my daughter I seem to remember it being a quick in and out, but that was 8 years ago. Will it be similar to that now? Can I expect to be weighed again? I have really bad white coat syndrome, and stress even at regular midwife and Doc appointments, should I see if my midwife will make a note of that, and then if my BP is slightly raised they maybe won't be concerned?? Help me get some sanity back please!!!

Yeah it's usually quick and painless - there will be a midwife in there too who will check your blood pressure. I wouldn't think you will be weighed again either. It won't really be any different to seeing your midwife xxx

Both times I have seen mine he has just asked if I am ok, confirmed a few details and then left the room lol

Thankyou, I just know I'm going to worry myself stupid! I know I'm fat, I don't need to be told, I know GD etc is more of a risk. Seems a bit of a waste of time to me, I had a happy and healthy pregnancy last time, and touch wood this one is shaping up the same! Feel like they should save the appointments for people who are sick!

How are you? You must be so excited now!!!

I'm fine thanks love - yes am getting quite excited now, but also nervous and scared too lol!

I had my education appointment with the nurse/midwife at my doctors office last week.
She congratulated me on my minimal weight gain and said that I must be eating all the right things.
It kind of made me mad. I have NOT been eating the right things! I can't eat total junk because the belly doesn't like that... but I've been eating carbs and sugars and processed foods etc.
I got mad because some poor other girl is going to get a lecture where I got praised just because I somehow lucked out.

On a side note.. anyone have any idea how I can keep this metabolism up after the baby is born? :rofl: (and I can't breastfeed due to a medication conflict so that option is out!)

I got the lecture yesterday! I had no weight loss through morning sickness and put on 3lbs in 1st tri. But since then, although I'm eating the same as usual, Ive put almost a stone on top of my pre-pregnancy weight!
It's not like my diets changed at all. In fact I thought I was doing well until my midwife weighed me! I'm quite disappointed now as I can't diet but eating my regular meals that were neither increasing nor decreasing my weight before has made me baloon :(

I put on 4st with DD #1 and never lost it this time I have put on just 1st but thats 5st since becoming preg back in 2007. Breastfeeding and running around after a toddler just gave me more of an appetite lol...... I'm now 21st 7lb. I don't eat crap foods and almost always cook from scratch.... it portion size I struggle with.

My consultant did say to me at my 32wk appointment, that if I can maintain the same weight from then until the birth that I would have ultimately lost weight but I've put on half a st since then. She told me that was my goal. I told her my goal was to naturally give birth to a healthy baby!

I have a dodgy cold brewing and to top it all off DH didn't make it to work this morning because of last nights snow fall causing horrific traffic. He works 20-25 mins away from home and decided to turn back after 2hrs as he's only travelled 4 miles.......So I'm worried about whether or not we make it to the hospital in time as DD active labour stage (from 3cm dialated) was only 45mins.....

xxx

Oh my! This weather is not good for women in labour is it? I hope things clear up a bit by the time you need to go to the hospital!

We haven't had any snow here yet, but it has been very dark grey and threatening overhead all day.

Ok so it's a little thing to get excited about - but I have just ordered the bedding and soft furnishings for the nursery!!! I can't wait to get it all finished. We just need to get something to put on the walls now.

Will post some pics once it's done!!

Sooo, I've had some news:

1. I move into my new flat on the 31st Nov!
2. I've got a midwife appointment on the 1st Dec :)
3. I've got a GTT [Glucose Tolerance Test] scheduled for the 6th Dec [wish me luck!!]
4. I'm getting a late scan sometime in week 28! Woooo!

Betty, lucky you!! Pics are needed! Yay!
Can't wait to be able to see my nursery! Although, it's OH's job, so I'll have to hang in there until he's well enough to get it done [he's got lumbago and sciatica! :( ]

Good Morning Ladies!

Cor blimey it's a bit brass monkey's this morning!!!! My washing machine is in the garage and the pipes have frozen up so it won't work - DH is panicking because he doesn't have any shirts for work tomorrow :wacko:

I'm pretty chilled out though - I will just take a load to my mate around the corner a bit later - sorted!!!

I'm starting to get to that "fed up" stage now - had enough of being pregnant lol. Don't get me wrong I love having my princess in my belly, it's just all the other stuff that goes with it lol!

We have our "active birth workshop" on Thursday - a one off session lasting 3hrs. Then a week on Tuesday we are back at the hospital for another growth scan - make sure she is being a good girl and growing properly and finally 2 weeks today we have our tour of the maternity unit! It's all go lol.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend xxxx

The snow is falling thick and fast here now! My shed roof must have at least 7inches on it! Have been snowed in for the weekend so far and it is touch and go as to whether or not DH will make it in to work tomorrow! Was meant to be heading to MIL's for Sunday lunch so with that in mind the snow has been my saviour lol! MIL keeps telling me to ring an ambulance if I go into labour but I'm prepared (just in case) to have this baby at home and when I told her that she had a fit...... Like it's anything to do with her.... She makes me soooo angry... Yes I would feel better about having my baby at hospital but if thats not possible then so be it.... I'm not going to let it worry me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->