Any big momma's out there?

Well things aren't dragging for me either so far - I think it's because Christmas is so close that I have that to focus on too. I mean I can't actually believe I've been on mat leave for 5 wks already! It's just craziness lol

Hey, I just found this thread and I have to think I think it is amazing. I have been rather depressed throughout my pregnancy due to my weight and age =( So it is nice to actually find people on common ground but I don't think with my age. After reading all your comments...because I am that nosey :happydance: I have cheered up abit knowing that people feel how I do. I know I aint got long left of my pregnancy as I am due on 8th but I have been worried about how to lose weight after as I have never managed to before although I did suffer with an eating disorder due to the bullying I got at school, that I finally got over early this year however it has upset me and my other half that during my pregnancy I have started slip back to what I was like when I had the disorder.:nope:
Just nice knowing there are people out there to chat to. Thanks for brighting my day :happydance:

Hi there! I'm glad you have found the thread some help and comfort. I really hope that things go well for you - please let us know how you get on we would love you to keep visiting us after your LO arrives.

Feel free to chat, rant and share your stories anytime xxx

Welcome GB! :hug: For now just try to focus on your baby, the weight loss can come later. Can you ask your MW for a referral to a nutritionist? Healthy eating habits are not automatic and having an expert to call can be a huge help. If not try sites like slimmingworld. I don't know if there is sparkpeople.com available to the UK but they are free and have been a huge help to many people. They follow a healthy approach with adequate calories and help you track your nutritional intake and exercise, plus support groups with other people who are on the same path. I found it really great motivation and lost weight over the summer before becoming pregnant.

hi all,

how is everyone?

as far as the weight loss hun, i know what u mean, after birth of the LO i have full intentions of going back on slimming world, its an easy plan to follow n i was never hungry.

xxxx

eeeek! sorry jus noticed my siggy says i only have 37 days to go !!! xx

Welcome Geekybunny xxx

Only 2 days left for me.......... But I think I'll be going past that date for sure! I'm guessing that I'll have Seren on the 11th Dec........ I went 8 days over with Freya and think it will half this time! I don't know why!?

The snow fall is meant to start again this week...... I hope it isn't half as bad as it has been..... xxx

Hope all are well? xxx

Urgh!............, I have horrendous heartburn right now and I can't sleep..... TMI but I think I may vomit....... Don't want to take the gaviscon as it's vile but fear I have no choice as DD1 will be getting me up around 7.30am ish and I really need some sleep...... YUCKY! xxx

ogre ---- don't know if it will work for you or if you have a choice right now,... but I've heard pickle juice will work. That was too gross for me to handle, so I just ate salt and vinegar crisps and it CURES my heartburn.. EVERY time.
(there is currently a thread where I suggested this and some other girls are going to try it and report back :haha:)

ooh yeah!! Thanks for the confirmation! I thought it was just plain crazy but was thrilled that it worked :haha: Instead of popping a Tums ever half hour, I just eat a few chips and BAM... its just GONE, sometimes for days... like it neutralizes the acid and rebalances my tummy acids.

Might have to try this myself. I've been suffering quite badly again lately, but mostly at night when I'm laid down, and I'm fed up of running to the bathroom in the morning to bring a load of acid up - although I do feel a whole lot better afterwards!

Oh yuck! I hate vomiting... my bladder is so weak at the mo I'd probably pee myself with the strain:blush:! lol!

I wish I'd seen that post last night.... I so much rather drink vinegar or eat a bowlful of pickled onions than drink gaviscon..... blerg! Woke this morning and it had gone... but will defo try it tonight should I get it again.... I have just ordered takeaway pizza so it's inevitable that heartburn is on it's way!

Hope all you ladies are doing well today? No snow fall today so far, thank goodness but my drive and steps are a death trap and I'm all out of table salt (should really have been sensible and bought some grit) not that I use salt but DH does lol!

xxx

OMG I have soooooo been fancying pizza this last couple of days!!!! DH can't eat it though because his tummy doesn't like cheese so I don't have it very often. We are having curry with friends on Thurs night so trying to be good and not have take out twice in a week lol!

Maybe we should have gone the curry route and tried to get my princess moving in the right direction lol! I've feeling a lot of pressure down below and my MW informed me that Seren is 4/5 engaged so only 4 to go and she'll be fully engaged. This feeling is odd to me as Freya didn't engage until I was in labour...... So I keep thinking that something is happening and it might be the start but it turns out not to be..... I haven't had BH either not this time or last xxx

My pizza was yum! But as usual I ate too much and feel queasy.... And stink of garlic..

xxx

Mmmm I love garlic too!!!!

I'm quite excited about my growth scan tomorrow - it's only been 2 wks since my last one but I feel like she has grown so much. Will also so see which position she is in - got a feeling she was trying to turn herself round last night and today as she has been very wriggly and sticking her bottom out alot lol!

Enjoy your scan tomorrow.... They're so thrilling! I got more pictures with my first pregnancy! Not long before we get to meet our babies in the flesh....... Amazing xx

I'm heading to the fridge and the pickled onion jar right now!...... I hope it works tonight xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Betty! It seems like the last two weeks have flown by. How is the nursery coming along?

I have a (probably stupid) question. I keep seeing ladies mention a hardness they feel above the pubic bone. I don't feel anything like that, even though I've noticed my tummy sticking out a bit more than usual. I know this is a dumb question :dohh: but where is my pubic bone? For years now I've had the flabby "apron" type thing going on and I just can't feel anything underneath it! I feel like a total dunce asking this.....

the pubic bone is very very low down.. you should be able to locate it right above the clitoris and follow it up.
My belly only feels firm if I stand up, otherwise sitting or lying down its still squishy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->