Any big momma's out there?

Well our scan went very well! Princess has had a good growth spurt and is now almost in the middle of the two lines. She is weighing about 5lbs5oz now and is definitely head down. I'm soooo happy!

We are booked in for another scan in 4wks just to check on things but the consultant seems happy enough :)

Mustang - the nursery is coming along very well thank you. The bedding finally arrived yesterday and is all washed so I've just got to iron it before I put it on. Then we just need some shelves and some sort of stickers or pictures for the walls then it's complete!!!

hi, sorry to barge in but was wondering if any of you had experienced the same pain as me. I am a big momma to be - BMI was approx 43 at my booking in appointment. For the last few days I have been getting pains in the roll of fat under my right breast and above my bump. Does anyone else get this? Do you know what is causing it? Is there anything I can do to reduce it? It is starting to stop me from sleeping and is now starting to spread to the left side too.

Good afternoon Girlies.

I have a quick question. When did you guys find out the gender of the baby?

I have my 18 week scan scheduled on the 29th however my MIL is wanting to pay for a private scan next Friday (at 17weeks) so she can know before Christmas. My only concern is with my belly fat the tech not being able to tell at 17 weeks. What do you guys think?

:hugs:

snowy - is it possibly your ribs? I've heard the babies like to poke your ribs later on?

jmiller - sorry, I have no clue! :(

Everyone else - I'm going to complain to my doctor at my appointment on monday about my hip and pelvis pain... but I'm afraid I'm going to be told that its because I'm fat! :( My friend was told it was because she was overweight (which I'm reading is not the cause of it at all!) and was given no help at all through her pregnancy. I'm really scared they're going to blow me off. Are any of you girls having SPD issues?

Lisa im sorry you are having pain's :(. From your other post's your doctor has seemed pretty good so hopefully they will get it figured out for you. :hugs:

I haven't told my doctor yet, lol...
I mentioned some minor pelvic discomfort to the nurse a few weeks back and she TOTALLY blew me off and said it was normal blah blah blah... I told her I was worried about it getting worse and that I'd read up on it etc... the nurse said it only happens later on in pregnancy than I am (which is NOT true).
The US doesn't have the best reputation for recognizing or treating this kind of pelvic issue so I'm worried.

I wonder about our healthcare here sometimes. If you tell them something is wrong they should check it out and figure out a way to give you some relief and comfort. Grrrrrr people make me mad.:growlmad:

On another note when is your next scan?

its next wednesday!!! Can't be soon enough for me! Lol! Both because we'll find out the sex, but also because I'm getting a little paranoid with not feeling movement or showing or gaining weight etc.

I think the US just doesn't recognize the condition much... so if they don't know or believe its a real thing, they don't do anything about it. Unfortunately it seems like the treatments they offer you are not even the right things to treat it.
I WILL cry in her office though until she offers me some help! I guarantee that!

I have heard that chiropractors can sometimes help with this... so I may go that route if I have to!
My friend was in excruciating pain at the end, and they wouldn't even sign her off work until 38 weeks!!! :growlmad:

I've been having lots of hip and lower back pain. Haven't talked to the doctor about it yet. I am starting prenatal yoga next week and I am hoping the stretching will help with the pain.

I had another NT scan today. After about an hour, baby finally got in the correct position. Everything look great. Then I came home and gave my doppler a whirl and finally found the HB! So all and all a good day.:happydance:

A good chiropractor or physiotherapist is more likely to know how to help you Lisa :hug: I got huge relief from sciatic nerve pain with my first 2 pregnancies (never had it with babies 3 &4 but I was a lot lighter). My DH's cousin's wife had spd so bad she was in a wheelchair her last pregnancy and she's in the US so some Dr's I guess recognize it. Hope your Dr listens!

snowywillow it sounds to me like your uterus is putting pressure on your ribs. Baby can also shove a foot under them which hurts a LOT! Hope it eases soon. :hug:

hi, sorry to barge in but was wondering if any of you had experienced the same pain as me. I am a big momma to be - BMI was approx 43 at my booking in appointment. For the last few days I have been getting pains in the roll of fat under my right breast and above my bump. Does anyone else get this? Do you know what is causing it? Is there anything I can do to reduce it? It is starting to stop me from sleeping and is now starting to spread to the left side too.

Hi snowy! I'm getting a bit of pain there too and it's when my LO is kicking or prodding my ribs. If you are concerned then give your doctor a call just to put your mind at rest xx

Hey Ladies!

Well I think I'm cooking a right little madam!! I'm trying to sleep on my left as much as possible but she won't let me because she has settled herself more towards that side at the moment! When I turn onto my left side she starts wriggling madly until I turn over and then she stops. 3 Times I tried last night, and the 3rd time I decided to try and wait it out to see if she would stop - but NO! She just wriggles and wriggles, and when I don't roll over she starts kicking me instead lol!

I think I'm going to have to have words with her before she becomes too demanding and used to getting her own way hahahahaha!!!

I suffer from SPD... it's not as bad now that as it was at about 16-24weeks for me. My dr refered me to the physio for diagnosis. I would just insist on being refered and don't let them tell you it's because of your weight! The heavier I have got in this pregnancy the less the SPD pain has bothered me. No that might just be me getting used to it but it definately hasn't got any worse!

I have my sweep today at 11.30am.... so fingers crossed I'm favourable and Seren is here by the end of the week end.... I'm sooooooooooooo excited right now..... xxx

And I'm sooooo excited for you too!!!! I really hope the birth goes well for you sweetie!!!!

Well I'm back....... The sweep didn't happen! My MW gave me a cervical exam and it turns out my cervix is still high and back although she could feel Seren's head (TMI)! But thats what happened with Freya too.... I wasn't favourable but that night my waters broke! So we'll see whether or not we take the same path. It was a little painful but that was due to the fact that the MW had to feel so far back... However, I shopped at Asda before coming home and the walk around there was causing me to feel a few pulls in me bits.....

WATCH THIS SPACE xxx

OOOOOOOH I hope it happens soon!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift!!!

Well I'm back....... The sweep didn't happen! My MW gave me a cervical exam and it turns out my cervix is still high and back although she could feel Seren's head (TMI)! But thats what happened with Freya too.... I wasn't favourable but that night my waters broke! So we'll see whether or not we take the same path. It was a little painful but that was due to the fact that the MW had to feel so far back... However, I shopped at Asda before coming home and the walk around there was causing me to feel a few pulls in me bits.....

WATCH THIS SPACE xxx

You must be SO excited!! I hope everything goes well for you and LO.

thanks for all the spd advice ladies!

Ogre... with you comment about how far back she had to reach I had the most awful mental image of the MW up to her wrist... eep!!!!

wow, good luck ogre!! and i want to see lots of piccies of ur gorgeous babba :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->