Any big momma's out there?

Hi all,
Please excuse me if I have already introduced myself! I'm not good with computers and the brain is a bit slow these days!
I'm a big mum to be, bmi approx 50 and this concerns me as I'm booked for a section..
I'm wondering if any of you girls have extra big bellies like me and have found some sort of support big enough to help. I'm getting really uncomfortable with back pain and stomach pain and I think it's the drag of the big belly plus the baby.
Hope everyone is well and I hope to take some time to have a read through this thread soon. It's great to know your not alone.
take care
Jo x

I would recommend the cataloop support band from boots I'm a size 24 and went with the size 4 band and found it a tad too big to start with if you are bigger they have a size 5 available on the boots web site I think it was about £10 and well worth the money hope this helps

I had the most wonderful surprise today. A christmas card arrived for me and DH - from our princess!!!

We have no idea who sent it but it's such a lovely thought. We don't want to know either because it will ruin the magic!

Oh my goodness, that is so touching! I love it!! A very nice surprise indeed :haha:

Well........ I had my sweep this morning and YAY! I'm 2cm dialated! Woohoo! So hopefully this means labour soon. I'm hoping to have her tomorrow as that then means that both my beautiful girl will have been born on the 17th. That will then be exactly 2yrs 6months between them.

They have booked my induction for Sunday 19th just in case!

On a less positive note the snow has returned....... xxx

aww hun !

im sure she will be here soon!

exciting isnt betty, being in the last box at long last! i remember when this thread started, n now we are nearly there!

good luck everyone xx

Well........ I had my sweep this morning and YAY! I'm 2cm dialated! Woohoo! So hopefully this means labour soon. I'm hoping to have her tomorrow as that then means that both my beautiful girl will have been born on the 17th. That will then be exactly 2yrs 6months between them.

They have booked my induction for Sunday 19th just in case!

On a less positive note the snow has returned....... xxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm so excited for you!!!

Good luck Ogrebabies! :hug:

I am anxiously awaiting my scan next thurs. Went to the Dr yesterday and finally got my blood test results from the NT scan. Apparently they had not been sent to my Dr so that is why I never heard back from them. My risk for trisomy 18 is low, but my risk for DS is 1:77 :( My Dr said if no markers were found on my anatomy scan then my risk will fall to 1:150. I realize that the results still mean most likely the baby is fine but I am still concerned. I knew my age would increase my risk, but when they told me the nucal measurement was 1.7 I figured my risk would be lower. On a positive note I am excited to see what flavor baby we're having :)

Sevenladybugs good luck with your scan hope everything is ok and that LO doesn't adopt a legs crossed position lol.

Contractions started about 7pm last night and began to regulate at about 10pm to every 7-10 mins lasting 30-45 secs so called the hospital just to give them a heads up that I'd probably be in by the morning but everything had stopped by midnight......sob sob sob..... I was gutted, really thought she was on her way. I have had nothing since so I'm heading out to do some stressful Xmas shopping at the metro centre, hopefully the long walk and annoying shoppers will be enough to get Seren moving again.

xxx

Sevenladybugs - I know what you are going through, my ds risk is 1:65. We decided against further tests and have had no sign of complications on any of my scans since. I really hope that everything goes well for you and that LO co-operates!!!

exciting isnt betty, being in the last box at long last! i remember when this thread started, n now we are nearly there!

good luck everyone xx

Yeah it only seems 5 mins since the thread started - can't believe it was more than 30 weeks ago!!

Hi ladies - sorry haven't been aorund much the last week - life is manic! Having to move house to escape crappy dampness and rubbish landlord - not so easy at 37 weeks! Have finally managed to book a van to move on 27th December, just hoping Solomon doesn't come early now! Although I'd be v glad not to be pregnant anymore, he'd be sleeping in a chest of drawers like some old film...

Ogrebabies - omg! you must be going bananas - hope the stressy shopping helps get everything started again for you! I too desperately want to avoid an induction so can use the water pool, woudl be gutted if I couldn't.

Have been having a few period like pains since last Sunday, and back pain too, but no sign of anything else so not worrying toooooooo much.

Good luck to all, and welcome to the newbies - especially Jo, my bmi is 48 so I do know how you feel being at the top end of lardiness! But all is well and am sure will be well for you too! I have been signed off from consultant care now as no more bleeding and baby's stopped freaking people out with a fast heart rate...I am once again considered a normal pregnancy!

Nothing yet...... but aching in all the right places since getting home.

Off to get my birthing ball and see if things will start happening..... I so just want to meet her, very curious to she if she looks anything like Freya xxx

Had my first appointment with my OB today. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Due date around Aug 10th, knew that, and approx 6wks along, yup knew that too. First ultrasound scheduled for Jan 8th for dating. Can't wait! It seems so far away!

Aw it's exciting times sammy!!! It's only just over a couple of weeks til your scan - I have got a growth scan on 4th Jan.

I really can't believe we are getting people due in August on here now!!!!!

hey girls dont no if ive posted in here before or not :blush: i no ive been meaning to :haha: my bmi is about 36, was more before in my last pregnancy and had a straight forward induction he was 2 weeks late weighed 7lb15oz

im from the east mids got a little boy already called riley hes 3 in march and baby bean is due in feb!

:D

Hi roxie! Welcome to the club x

How are things going for you this pregnancy?

Hi roxie! Welcome to the club x

How are things going for you this pregnancy?

not to bad thanks babys so low down so bit painful with walking im waddling already :haha:

but non stop wriggling which deffo makes up for it :cloud9:

hows yours going xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"