Any big momma's out there?

Glad to see all is going well Betty!

So I have another ultrasound tomorrow to check viability because no hb was detected last week. I am so scared, I can't believe this could be happening again.

So I have another ultrasound tomorrow to check viability because no hb was detected last week. I am so scared, I can't believe this could be happening again.

Best wishes for tomorrow! hugest of hugs xx

When I just found out I was preg, and me today at 21 weeks & 2 days. A very slight bit of difference, but please forgive the map (stretch lines lol)

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ke.jpg
    ke.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 6

Aw I will keep everything crossed for you love. Please let us know how you get on :hugs:

ladyredlainey - I can definitely see the difference, more rounded and firm if you get me!

Urghhh... does anyone else out there feel totally HUGE? I am only 9 weeks or so, but I seriously feel sooo fat and bloated. And desperate because I cannot lose weight until after this baby is born :-(

I can't wait to feel good about myself again. I hope this is hormones... but honestly I cannot stand the mirror.

Aw it's natural to feel like that as your uterus starts to expand love. Wait until you are ready to pop like me - I just feel like a weeble waddling around lol

Hi ladies, wondered if I could join in? It's a relief to see all of you with your lovely baby bumps :)

I am a UK size 22 and in the 'morbidly obese' category so I'm pretty scared about how I'll be treated when I see the midwifes, I am going to pop into my doctors this morning and find out how they operate at my practice, not sure if I need to see a doctor or not!

Also I wondered if any of you had had early scans? I am such a worrier that I am thinking of booking a private scan at around 7-8 weeks but I am worried that my belly fat will mean they won't be able to see the baby then! Am I worrying for nothing?

Hi ladies, wondered if I could join in? It's a relief to see all of you with your lovely baby bumps :)

I am a UK size 22 and in the 'morbidly obese' category so I'm pretty scared about how I'll be treated when I see the midwifes, I am going to pop into my doctors this morning and find out how they operate at my practice, not sure if I need to see a doctor or not!

Also I wondered if any of you had had early scans? I am such a worrier that I am thinking of booking a private scan at around 7-8 weeks but I am worried that my belly fat will mean they won't be able to see the baby then! Am I worrying for nothing?

If it helps any, I was bigger than you are with my eldest (still am much bigger) but most of the midwives were very good with me, only the one midwife was not nice.
I had early scans with my youngest because I had a bleed, and seen her at 7wks 9wks then the normal scan at 12wks, then another couple times afterwards lol. My 7wk & 9wk scans were internal scans, not to plesent, but to be honest, all you see is a little blob lol! but even in those two weeks it was amazing the difference in size.

This pregnancy I have only had the two scans.

You have every right to complain if the midwife is funny with you, as woman big and small have babies lol! fact of life :D
Congrats on your pregnancy xx

Hi love - welcome to the club!

I was a size 26/28 when I got pregnant and have a lot of belly fat - as you can see from my bump pics!!!

It is completely natural to worry hun, don't think you are alone though.

I had my first scan at 12wks as is the norm and they had absolutely no problems whatsoever in finding baby straight away. You could book in for a private scan earlier, but there really won't be much to see. The way I looked at it was my body would soon let me know if there were any problems so I just tried to relax as much as I could until then. I had my booking appointment at around 6wks too so I had a pretty long wait lol! But it is entirely your decision what you do, every woman has to do what they feel is the right thing for them.

When I got my bfp I went to see my doctor just to let her know. She congratulated me, worked out my edd based on my last period and told me to book in to see the midwife at the surgery.

I, personally, have had absolutely no issues with anyone I have seen when it came to my weight. Yes it has been mentioned - I am under consultant care, had a gtt, saw an anaesthatist etc, but I have in no way been mistreated thankfully.

If you do come across someone who is rude, then stand up for yourself and ask to be referred to someone else. At the end of the day, just because you are a larger lady doesn't mean you are any less of a human being and less entitled to respectful treatment.

It annoys me when I hear stories of larger ladies being made to feel like a burden to the NHS. I have worked full time since I left school at 17, paid all my tax and national insurance, never claimed benefits of any kind, the only operation I've had is my tonsils out at 14, never been on long term medication at any time, don't smoke, don't drink heavily and have never had any weight related illnesses. If during my pregnancy I need a bit of extra care then I feel I have paid my way and am just as entitled as anyone else to those services.

Sorry about going off on a little rant there hahahahaha!!!

If you need to chat, vent, share good or bad news then we are always here love. Please don't feel silly asking any questions either. I'm so glad I started this thread, it has been such a lifeline for me throughout my pregnancy, I hope we can help you too xxxxxx

Just to let you all know, if you haven't seen her thread, Amym's waters broke this morning! She updated on facebook about an hour ago to say that her contractions are now about 3-4mins apart so she will most likely be in hospital now!!!!

I'm so excited for her!!!

Just catching up on the thread hello to the new ladies and betty Im so excited for you not long left.

Cant wait for an update on Amym.

so just to update with me I saw my consultant today and my kidneys are showing a little bit more strain than would be liked at this stage but they will be keeping a close eye on my. from the growth scan the placenta and umbilical cord are doing well and baby is 2lb 6ozs now. I will most probably be induced at 38 weeks again so really only 10 weeks left and still so much to do.

Had a second scan yesterday to determine viability. The doctors office just called and wants to see me today. I am so scared. I thought after the first mc i wouldn't be in this position again. Send good thoughts my way please Ladies.

Had a second scan yesterday to determine viability. The doctors office just called and wants to see me today. I am so scared. I thought after the first mc i wouldn't be in this position again. Send good thoughts my way please Ladies.

Aw love - sending lots of dust and hugs your way :dust::hugs:

hope everything is okay :hugs:

I've lost another bean. I am scheduled for a D&C Monday. The good thing coming out of this is my Dr is going to start investigating why I have had two mc now instead of waiting for the 3rd one like he is supposed to. I have no problem getting pregnant, an implantation is fine, it's just at 6wks something happens.

I will be watching and this thread better be active when I am pregnant again. We are planning on waiting a cycle and trying again.

Thanks Ladies!

:hugs: sammy, im so sorry to hear of your loss.
i hope they find out whats happening so you can have your forever baby.

I've lost another bean. I am scheduled for a D&C Monday. The good thing coming out of this is my Dr is going to start investigating why I have had two mc now instead of waiting for the 3rd one like he is supposed to. I have no problem getting pregnant, an implantation is fine, it's just at 6wks something happens.

I will be watching and this thread better be active when I am pregnant again. We are planning on waiting a cycle and trying again.

Thanks Ladies!

So sorry for you loss, hope the Dr. has some helpful information for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->