Any big momma's out there?

So sorry to hear of your loss Sammie, Great to hear your getting good care though!. All the very best wishes for them finding out why this has happened, and falling pregnant again when your ready.
Take care xxxx

hi betty happy D-day

sorry it has taken me so long to come on ladies, grace is a demanding little madam lol!

went in for induction 7pm tues night, using a propess pessary, supposed to stay in 24 hours, started avin a few mild contractions but the babys heartbeat was dippin with every contraction, so they removed the propess and monitored me to see if the baby would pick up, she did thankfully after 6 hours.

7pm wednesday night i wasnt dilated so they inserted a prostin gel, supposedly takes 6 hours n then they give u another dose, felt fine, had a shower etc n snuggled down in bed. woke at 2am with a few niggly pains and the midwife came to do my 6 hour check, was 1 cm dilated and baby was fine. woke again at 3am pains were more intense and a pressure like ive never felt before, rang for the midwife who gave me some co-codamol n told me to go back to sleep, it was probably nuthin cos it was my first baby, wouldnt even check my cervix!

cudnt sleep spent the next 3 hours pacing the ward, cryin in pain n beggin the midwife to check me (at this hospital pain relief is given down in the delivery wardm they send u down there at 4cm dilated n then allow u to ring your husband but not before).

it took 3 hours of me crying, shivering and beggin and she still wouldnt check me or give me any pain relief, at one stage she actually said to me, if you think this is d wait until you go into full labour and stat dilating, this actually petrified me, i thought if this ent the real thing i cant do it!!

at 6.05am i felt like i needed to push, so rang the bell again and the midwife (who was very annoyed with me at this stage) came walkin in n said u need to man up and deal with this low level of pain, so i said look i need to push check me or im goin to get a doctor, so she grudgingly checked me, i was 10cm dilated, my water was bulging and my contractions were 1 min apart!

she jus sed oh we better get u downstairs ring ur husband, got downstairs the urge to push was really strong, finally given some gas and air which is AMAZING stuff!! took the edge right off, they said my membranes were very thick and my waters werent goin to pop with out help, so they popped the waters, and the artery in my placenta went so blood everywhere, panicking at this stage, hubby has a 20 min drive to the hospital, worried i was goin to ave to do it by myself.

the urge to push was too strong, pushed her head came out, hubby walked in at his moment, held my hand and 3 pushes later my beautiful princess entered the world!
after dilating and contracting with no pain relief pushing her out didnt hurt at all! i could do that bit all over again :)

she was placed straight on my chest, hubby cut the cord and she was breastfeeding within 40 minutes :D

i was down in delivery for a grand total of 14 minutes :) x

all the pain and hatred i felt towards that midwife for not believing me wen i sed i was in labour jus melted away wen i looked into my princesses eyes :D

its all completely worth it ladies.

take care all xxxxx

Attachments

• IMGP2324.jpg
    IMGP2324.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 25
What a gorgeous baby - the picture is just totally stunning!!:cloud9:

Sorry to hear how rude the midwife was with you and that they wouldn't give you pain relief when you asked! :(
But isn't it amazing how we hold our babies in our arms and just forget everything, just fall inlove and in a world of our own eh :D

wonderful to hear your both OK xxx

Oh terrri she is just beautiful!!!!!

What a bitch of a midwife - I'm glad you finally stood up to her!!!

I'm so proud of you - I'm sat here crying lol

Congratulations on your beautiful baby and gosh, well done on the labour!

Thank you ladies for your reassurance on being bigger, I am much less worried about it and when I saw my GP yesterday he didn't say a word about my size :)

Congratulations on your beautiful baby and gosh, well done on the labour!

Thank you ladies for your reassurance on being bigger, I am much less worried about it and when I saw my GP yesterday he didn't say a word about my size :)

Aw thats a good start then! Keep us up to date with your progress :thumbup:

Well it's d-day for me and still no sign of my LO making an arrival any time soon. Have been feeling a bit crampy on and off for a few days and getting shooting pains "down there" when she bounces on my cervix, but no contractions or anything.

I'm having a sweep on Monday if she hasn't made her move by then!

How are you getting on BigBetty?. I can relate 3 times so far with overdue babies lol I hope it is not long at all till your cuddling your baby girl x

lol we'd posted at the same time
Fingers crossed things start progressing before Monday eh :) good luck! x

It won't be long now Betty :hugs:

Congratulations Terri she's beautiful! I am so sorry the MW ignored you and didn't check you :hug: I'd put in a complaint, she should know better! Some first time moms go fast!

thanks all, ye it is amazing how everythin was forgotten the second i got to hold my little darling :)

its still hard to blieve shes her n im a mum :) still stinkin in lol.

good luck betty, fingers crossed u wnt need the sweep, n if u do fingers crossed that it works and ur princess is here soon! i cnt wait to see piccies,

i cnt believe we are at this point already, i remember wen u started this thread :D xxx

thanks all, ye it is amazing how everythin was forgotten the second i got to hold my little darling :)

its still hard to blieve shes her n im a mum :) still stinkin in lol.

good luck betty, fingers crossed u wnt need the sweep, n if u do fingers crossed that it works and ur princess is here soon! i cnt wait to see piccies,

i cnt believe we are at this point already, i remember wen u started this thread :D xxx

I know - it's amazing how quickly the last 8 months has flown!!!!

I can't wait to post pics either - I just want to show her off now!!!!

Elaine, have you got another J-name picked for your new baby girl? x

Elaine, have you got another J-name picked for your new baby girl? x

Hiya :)

We like the name Jessica :) lol. It has never been deliberate the J thing lol. Hubby has always been happy with the names I have picked lol! I loved the name Julie and Jacqueline, I did like the name Anna/Anne, but suggested Joanne and hubby liked it better. And it was my eldest daughter who picked Jessie, and we said, what about 'Jessica' which she now likes.
I love the names Eva/Evie for a middle name, which hubby also likes lol!! :D

Hope your keeping well
xx

Hi ladies!!!

Just got home from seeing the midwife - had my sweep!

She says my cervix is nice and soft, it's facing downwards (sometimes it can start facing back a bit apparantly) and I'm 1-2cm dilated - so all positive and the signs are good!!!

DH said he started to well up when the midwife said she could feel the head - bless him!!

One of the community midwives is going to call me on Thursday and I might have another sweep then if things haven't already started to happen. She will also book me in for induction next Tuesday as a last resort lol!

I came away from the surgery with a massive smile on my face, I'm so excited lol!!!

How exciting betty. Fingers crossed for u.

As for me, my gtt was negative. And I had my show, and its still comin. Also having plenty of tightenings, hoping she holds on for a while.

So exciting Betty!! :happydance: I can't imagine what you are feeling!:cloud9:

You will have to pardon my ignorance, but what is a sweep? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back