Any big momma's out there?

Oh please don't let one horrible nurse make you give up on trying for a baby, she really doesn't deserve to have that! Is it possible for you to rearrange the appointment? You have as much right as anyone else to get checked out for things, it is really very possible your weight has nothing to do with why you haven't conceived yet - it might be something they can help with!

You're having your baby this week Betty! ;)

Morning all :hugs: I hope you are all well.

Andi01 - That nurse is obviously in the wrong profession and not worth your tears. She sounds quite bitter - don't let her poor persona deter you from your dream of having a baby.
If anyone ever says anything to you like that again, call them out on it. In a loud voice you should say "Aren't you rude?/ignorant?/unprofessional?" Use as appropriate. Put the humiliation back onto them...ignorant morons.

BigBetty - Bubba is still hanging on I see. Thinking of you. :hugs:

Folly - How are you feeling my bump buddy? I still have grotty MS, tiredness and boobs that are incredibly achey so I can't wish the first trimester away fast enough.

Love and :hugs: to everybody else.

Bams x

Morning ladies!

Well I thought things were about to kick off last night. DH and I went for a good hour long walk around town to get a few bits because I was feeling a bit cooped up at home.

I started getting quite bad stabbing cramps over the course of the evening, nothing regular but still they were there. They did stop eventually though.

Then I noticed I was getting an aching in my cervix - a bit like when your period is about to start. When I went to the loo before heading to bed, I lost a big bit of bloody show.

So I went to bed and just tried to relax and waited to see what happened - but NOTHING! I eventually dropped off and that was that.

Talk about disappointed! I think things are starting but they might not happen quickly enough to stop me being induced on Weds morning.

Keep your fingers crossed for me though!!!!

Hope you have a very productive evening Betty and good news for us very soon. x x

Well I've just had more of a show and feel a bit achey again. I just wish my body would make its mind up and stop teasing me lol!!

Betty ive got everything crossed for you that bubs will make her appearance tomorrow! Either way, not long now! I've been checking the thread for your updates... All the best! Xx

As for me, I was 30 weeks yesterday. It's going so fast at the moment. Can't believe it's been 9 weeks since DF and I found out what team we're on. Where has the time gone?!
Been making the most of the Asda event for nappies and wipes but I've still got a way to go before in ready!

That is promising Betty! Sometimes it takes awhile to move into "real" labor, but bloody show is good! First timers have to efface first before they start to dialate so you may be making more progress than it feels like.

I have my fingers crossed for you Betty xxx

My induction experience was nothing like I'd expected it to be. I will at some point post my birth story on this thread, you'll probably have yours on here Betty before I do. It's difficult when you have a baby and a toddler!

I thought I was going to be strapped to a bed with a hormone drip in and in terrible agony but that was not the case for me. They examined me to determine whether I was at the waters breaking or pessary stage, I was at 1-2cm so pessary for me. But by the time they examined me 6hrs later they broke my waters and 1hr 38mins later I had my baby in my arms skin to skin under my nighty. She was 10lb 3oz of pure gorgeousness, well I would say that wouldn't I! With only gas and air for the pushing stage and NO stitches WooHoo!

I had such a negative opinion or induction and probably still would have if the pessary and breaking my waters had not have work for me, which I know it doesn't for everyone? I suppose what I'm trying to say it try not to stress out too much if Wednesday comes and your little princess hasn't as there is a good chance your induction experience will be just a positive as mine.

Good luck, I can't wait to here the news announcement and all the details like weight and name and seeing the pic's xxxx take care xxxxx

I have my fingers crossed for you Betty xxx

My induction experience was nothing like I'd expected it to be. I will at some point post my birth story on this thread, you'll probably have yours on here Betty before I do. It's difficult when you have a baby and a toddler!

I thought I was going to be strapped to a bed with a hormone drip in and in terrible agony but that was not the case for me. They examined me to determine whether I was at the waters breaking or pessary stage, I was at 1-2cm so pessary for me. But by the time they examined me 6hrs later they broke my waters and 1hr 38mins later I had my baby in my arms skin to skin under my nighty. She was 10lb 3oz of pure gorgeousness, well I would say that wouldn't I! With only gas and air for the pushing stage and NO stitches WooHoo!

I had such a negative opinion or induction and probably still would have if the pessary and breaking my waters had not have work for me, which I know it doesn't for everyone? I suppose what I'm trying to say it try not to stress out too much if Wednesday comes and your little princess hasn't as there is a good chance your induction experience will be just a positive as mine.

Good luck, I can't wait to here the news announcement and all the details like weight and name and seeing the pic's xxxx take care xxxxx

Huge congratulations on the birth of your baby girl :D
My middle daughter was a 10lb baby, my easiest labour and birth to, my eldest and youngest were only 9lb but not as easy, so strange lol.

Wonderful to hear you had a lovely experience and that you and your baby girl are keeping well :D

Good Morning Ladies!

I've been awake most of the night with tummy ache cos I'm a bit bunged up again despite having a bit of a clear out yesterday morning! Also had that aching in my cervix again.

Got up and went to the loo to find a whole load more plug awaiting me, so things are definitely happening!!!

At least I know that if labour doesn't kick in today, this time tomorrow I will definitely be in hospital!!!

Right - I'm off to make some bacon butties for me and the folks before we head into town for a couple of bits.

Thank you for all the well wishes - will keep you updated as much as I can!

Hi...I googled "obese and pregnant" and this was where I was directed. To be honest, I'm a big girl, I am a size 26/28, 5'6''...I weighed a lil over 300, and I am now 8 weeks pregnant, I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just want this to be a good pregnancy since its my first. I've already taken the gestational diabetes test and will go in this Thursday for another appointment, I will let you know how that goes. BP was a little high, but I suffer from anxiety and stressed out to the max, it wasn't to high. The doctor seemed like he's really gonna help me thru this. I'm just scared that's all...can someone offer some advice...thanks

Hi...I googled "obese and pregnant" and this was where I was directed. To be honest, I'm a big girl, I am a size 26/28, 5'6''...I weighed a lil over 300, and I am now 8 weeks pregnant, I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just want this to be a good pregnancy since its my first. I've already taken the gestational diabetes test and will go in this Thursday for another appointment, I will let you know how that goes. BP was a little high, but I suffer from anxiety and stressed out to the max, it wasn't to high. The doctor seemed like he's really gonna help me thru this. I'm just scared that's all...can someone offer some advice...thanks

Hiya Jennifer, I am a dress size 32 and 308 lb at the moment :blush: I've gained 5lb so far (but did gain as much as 10lb, but lost 5lb of it thankfully lol).
I have never had troubles with any of my pregnancies, and I have been very obese with all of them. This is my fourth pregnancy, and even though I am very tired this time, I think it could be partly due to running after the 3 kids.
I have to get a Gestational Diabetes test soon to, It came back negative with my last pregnancy.

If you want someone to chat to, please feel free to pm me if you like. I am hoping to be 4 time lucky (was very lucky with my pregnancies, labours and births with my girls) this time to lol

xx

Aww thanks so much! I really appreciate your kindness, I don't know how to PM someone just yet, still trying to figure things out...lol

So, how about a baby bump? I seen your pic, but I'm wondering does everyone get them or no?:help:

Hi Jennifer - welcome to the club!

I was 286lbs when I got pregnant and have been lucky enough not to have too many problems apart from bad m/s and heartburn.

It's only natural to worry - especially during first tri - but it sounds like you have got some good support which is a great start!

I have a B shape belly and unfortunately it never popped out so I don't have a lovely bump like lainey - if you scroll back a few pages all my bump pics are in one post so you can see what I mean.

I really hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and you get all the support and help you need and deserve xxx

This is awesome! I am so glad that I found this forum and the great women in here :happydance:

Yes! I have some great support...husband, parents and all my family. I will make sure to see the pics...I don't know what my tummy is :nope:, but I do know its flabby, but I really don't care at this point...I saw my lil peanuts heart fluttering on the ultrasound and my heart melted.

I am eating healthier and taking 30 minute walks during lunch, I've never been a soda drinker but I am a big McDonalds fan, but for me, its for my peanut...I wanna be healthy for him/her

You guys are awesome

Welcome Jennifer

I felt the same way that you do and sometimes still do. I am 5'11 and was almost :blush: 400lbs when I got pregnant. I have (knock on wood) had no problems thus far. I had lost a total of 23lbs at my 16 week appt and have since only gained .03 of a lb. As far as a bump I had a B prior to getting pregnant which has come up some and is starting to look like a baby bump :thumbup: I will post pictures of pre-pregancy vs 22 week bump

On another note
Betty how is your day progressing? Anymore contractions? :hugs:

Attachments

• 64649.JPG
    64649.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00669.jpg
    IMG00669.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
Betty I have another question for you. When was your hubby able to feel your daughter? My husband is so desperate to feel her but hasnt been able to thus far. I do have an anterior placenta so im wondering if that has anything to do with it

Not yet but I'm off to the hospital to be induced at 7am tomorrow morning so hopefully not much longer to wait!!!

How are things going for you?

This is awesome! I am so glad that I found this forum and the great women in here :happydance:

Yes! I have some great support...husband, parents and all my family. I will make sure to see the pics...I don't know what my tummy is :nope:, but I do know its flabby, but I really don't care at this point...I saw my lil peanuts heart fluttering on the ultrasound and my heart melted.

I am eating healthier and taking 30 minute walks during lunch, I've never been a soda drinker but I am a big McDonalds fan, but for me, its for my peanut...I wanna be healthy for him/her

You guys are awesome

I'm glad you are finding this thread some help! You sound like you have a very healthy attitude towards taking care of yourself and your LO, I hope things go well for you love xx

I'm not going to be online for a few days as I'm being induced tomorrow but I will catch up with you and post my birth story soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->