Any big momma's out there?

Hi ladies!!

Well my princess has finally arrived!!! Francesca Margaret was born on 28th Jan at 8.26am weighing 7lbs 9oz. I'm so ecstatically happy it's unbelievable.

I will post my full birth story and some pictures in the not too distant future, and will catch up with the thread asap.

Just wanted to let you all know xxx

Awww Francesca is sooo beautiful!!! huge congratulations Betty!! :wohoo::hug:

Morning Ladies!

I just want to thank you all for the well wishes and congratulations. I'm so overwhelmed it's brought tears to my eyes.

Ok here goes with the story - are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin :)

As you all know I went to the hospital at 7am Weds morning to be induced. Unfortunately they were so busy in the delivery suite that I had to wait on the ward - one woman had to give birth in a side room because there was no space for her in delivery! I was quite happy to wait because I wasn't having contractions and there were other ladies more of a priority than me. I just rested and relaxed as much as I could.

Finally on Friday evening they took me over. I got my room at about 8.30pm. They were just about to have the staff changeover so the midwife checked me over and broke my waters before handing me over. She really struggled as I wasn't as dialated as first thought and had to be quite vigorous, but they went eventually! Then I was left for an hour to see if contractions would start naturally, but they didn't so I was hooked up to the drip and had to have babies hb constantly monitored.

Unfortunately I was suffering with constipation and had such bad stomach ache I had to keep calling the midwife to unplug me so I could try and go - went 3 times before I got rid lol. Felt much better though. I think my mum kept giggling at me cos all I could go on about was having a poo lol!

Next thing to happen was an unexpected vomiting session - so I went from being bunged up to it coming out both ends hahaha!

The contractions started around 1.30am and after the first few being about 15-20mins apart, they suddenly started coming every 2-3 mins. I was just breathing through them but had a shot of pethedine and after that wore off went onto gas and air. When I was checked again at about 6am I was 5cm dialated.

The contractions quickly got a lot stronger and I could feel them in my bottom. Less than an hour later I was fully dialated and on the bed starting to push!

The pain of contractions and pushing was no where near as bad as I was expecting and I felt I was coping quite well. The worst part was when I tore up to near my pee hole - I felt it happen and it was excruciating. I hadn't even got the head out yet so had to keep pushing too - it's amazing how you just keep going! I didn't even realise I had torn downwards as well until afterwards.

Then her head came out - along with one of her arms! The midwife said "quick one more push and she is out" so I did and there she was - straight onto my tummy. I cannot describe the feeling, it was just so amazing. I still can't believe that after having to wait so long for labour to start, she shot out in just 7 hours!!!!

The most unbelievable part though is that in between contractions all I did was sleep! I spent most of the time on my right hand side and nodded off in between - I was just so tired! I did get up for a bit before I started pushing but was dead on my feet. Even when I was back on the bed and pushing I slept between contractions. In fact they got a bit further apart and I was so spark out I was dreaming! I came round at one point as I heard mum or Steve say something to me and I started to mumble something incoherent and I realised I was going to say something about the dream I had just been having and managed to stop myself lol! I think it really helped though because I didn't really get a nap afterwards or for the rest of the day and then I was up every couple of hours in the night, so I would'nt have coped if I had been awake the whole time.

So now I'm stitched up from front to back, have the most unbelievable swelling on my pernenium and am so sore I walk like John Wayne, but I would not change a single thing. Francesca is just so perfect and I'm so in love she was worth all the pain and waiting.

betty she is absolutely beautiful ... huge, huge, huge congrats hun :hugs:

Massive congrats - she is beautiful! How much did she weigh? xx

you have one beautiful baby there betty.
and im pleased in the end all was wel and worth the wait.
hope you have lots of lovely time with your family and enjoy every min.
love sarah

Oh my goodness what a cutie pie! She look's like you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

xxxx

Aww she's so beautiful, massive congratulations! Well done on the birth too, you did good Mum!

Silent stalker...

Congrats to Betty - she is beautiful and you look so so so happy. xo

Betty ...... Francesca is beautiful and you look energised and radiant x Congrats again xxx

Wonderful job Betty!! She looks perfect and you look so happy. Congrats!!!:flower:

Oh Betty, Francesca is absolutely beautiful! Wow!
Well done you for coping through all that tearing too! x

Hi Ladies!

I swear my little princess just gets more beautiful by the day! I'm so besotted I can't stop looking at her.

We had our first outings yesterday! First was a trip to Asda to buy her some new clothes as almost everything we had for her was enormous lol. Then mum and dad took us all out to Frankie and Bennys for a lovely meal.

We have the midwife coming to visit tomorrow so will find out if she has put any weight on - I will be surprised if she hasn't because she feeds extremely well and is already getting a double chin. She will also be checking out my stitches and swelling - which I think are improving - especially the swelling.

On the downside I think I may have developed internal piles! It's actually so uncomfortable I can hardly walk but it all melts into insignificance when I look at my baby girl.

I hope you are all well, what's the latest with you all??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->