Any big momma's out there?

Mine was a proper suitcase, will post a pic later. By the time I had got a couple of bath towels, pj's, going home clothes and the bag for baby in it was rather full. Also if you have visitors there is extra space for all the extras you will come home with that you didn't have before if you see what I mean!

It's a good job I did pack for a couple of nights because of having to wait for a room in the delivery suite. I was in for 3 nights in total, but only one night after having Francesca - she arrived at half 8 friday morning and I was discharged at about 3pm Saturday. I might have been allowed home earlier but I had to have a pee bag in for 24hrs because of my stitches.

She sleeps in a moses basket by the side of the bed. She was sleeping a lot during the day and then wide awake in the night - but we didn't really have chance to do any activities with her because we had so many visitors and as such she just slept between feeds and cuddles. So yesterday we kept her busy and active more during the day to try and tire her out so she would sleep between feeds overnight - it worked a treat!! Need to try and get her into good habits now.

Mine was a proper suitcase, will post a pic later. By the time I had got a couple of bath towels, pj's, going home clothes and the bag for baby in it was rather full. Also if you have visitors there is extra space for all the extras you will come home with that you didn't have before if you see what I mean!

It's a good job I did pack for a couple of nights because of having to wait for a room in the delivery suite. I was in for 3 nights in total, but only one night after having Francesca - she arrived at half 8 friday morning and I was discharged at about 3pm Saturday. I might have been allowed home earlier but I had to have a pee bag in for 24hrs because of my stitches.

She sleeps in a moses basket by the side of the bed. She was sleeping a lot during the day and then wide awake in the night - but we didn't really have chance to do any activities with her because we had so many visitors and as such she just slept between feeds and cuddles. So yesterday we kept her busy and active more during the day to try and tire her out so she would sleep between feeds overnight - it worked a treat!! Need to try and get her into good habits now.

sounds like you got a very well behaved little gem there.
thats really good timing for you to be out after wards isnt it.
did u have many visitors at hospital was steve (isnt it) allowed to stay with you?
love sarah

Steve was allowed with me on the ward between about 8am and 10pm, other visitors were only allowed between 3-8pm. As she was born in the morning and we knew we weren't going to be home until at least the next day, both our families wanted to come and see us during visiting hours that afternoon - we had to set up a schedule to make sure we fit everybody in lol!

aww thats the prob isnt it :)
all the fun
good job u didnt give birth at night lol

aww thats the prob isnt it :)
all the fun
good job u didnt give birth at night lol

lol yeah, I think he would have been able to stay with me for a bit in that case but not for long I wouldn't have thought.

Hi Ladies! How are we all today?

I can't believe my princess is 1 week old today!!!! And she gets more beautiful all the time.

We went and registered her birth this morning so she is all legal now lol.

im here lol just knackered atm

i cant believe your bubs is a week old !!!

I havent really got an update ive been in bed mostly lol !!

im here lol just knackered atm

i cant believe your bubs is a week old !!!

I havent really got an update ive been in bed mostly lol !!

Aw bless I don't blame you - those last few weeks are really draining.

Thanks for stopping by xxx

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I know Betty from another thread, and seeing as I got my :bfp: today I thought it'd be great to join you all :)

I am a big momma - about 21 stone :blush:

So happy that I can actually get pregnant, its taken us 7 cycles so we're totally on :cloud9:

Definately going to be watching my eating and will be as healthy as I can throughout this pregnancy. I would love to lose some weight, but if I jusy stay the same then I'll be happy.

Got to see my midwife at 8 weeks, just feels like ages away, lol

Anyway, happy to join you all :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I know Betty from another thread, and seeing as I got my :bfp: today I thought it'd be great to join you all :)

I am a big momma - about 21 stone :blush:

So happy that I can actually get pregnant, its taken us 7 cycles so we're totally on :cloud9:

Definately going to be watching my eating and will be as healthy as I can throughout this pregnancy. I would love to lose some weight, but if I jusy stay the same then I'll be happy.

Got to see my midwife at 8 weeks, just feels like ages away, lol

Anyway, happy to join you all :thumbup:

Congratulations!!! I am a 21 stone mummy to lol, so can relate there with you.
I think it is best to try and limit the weight gain, I have gained, but trying to loose a lb or two at the moment.

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy :D xx

Hi Lara!! Welcome to the Big Momma's Club!!!! I was 20 and a half stone when I got pregnant too!

How is everyone today? I'm feeling much better for getting a bit more sleep last night. Francesca wouldn't settle after her 10pm feed so she pretty much just laid in my arms having mummy cuddles until about 2am when I decided it was time for another feed - I knew it would send her off and it worked a treat. She slept right through until 6am and then again until 10am which was good. I got up about half 9 so had a nice lie in.

I don't mind staying up til around 2 until she settles because I'm already awake, it's when she wakes up for her early morning feed and then won't settle that knackers me out as I'm half asleep myself and struggle to keep my eyes open lol.

We had our first family picture taken yesterday when my two SIL's came to visit - I've posted it below.

Hope everyone is well, love and hugs xxxxx

Aww wat a lovely picture. And I'm so so pleased u had a lovely sleep. It's the world of medicines sometimes.

Oh Lara - I forgot to ask, how did DH react when you gave him his pressies???????

Hi! Mind if I join you all? I know Betty, Lara(my bump buddy) and mustang from another thread here. I am so excited to finally have my bfp and hope this pregnancy is healthy and uneventful!

A little about me. I weigh 295lbs. Not sure what that is in stones. Lol! I have type 2 diabetes which I control with insulin, and I am almost 5wks pregnant after only 3 months of trying! We are over the moon! I have my first appt on Monday. I am so scared about what the Dr will say about my weight! But I figure, if she doesnt like it, too bad! I have given up cigarettes, caffeine, and sugar this week! Plus I have regulated my diabetes with those changes. So, I know that I am doing my best for this baby and that is all that matters!

Good to see you here Brandy! I'm so excited for all the new BFPs. :happydance:

Welcome Lara and Brandy!

Betty I'm glad your LO is giving you a little bit of sustained sleep :hug: What a lovely family pic :)

I'm 25 wks now and starting to look very preggo :) I still feel comfortable though so I'm in the nice phase where I'm big enough to look pregnant but not so big I can't do much. I had 3 12 hr shifts this week and still held it together with energy to spare so I am confident I'll be able to complete my schooling now. Only 15 wks until baby comes and 18 till I graduate! EEK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->