Any big momma's out there?

A few more pics - the shot of DH with her is one of my most favourite so far :)

Can't believe I have missed so much...I've had a terrible start to the year which has meant that I've just been too busy to check in on everyone...and then our internet went and broke....I just knew I was gonna miss the births.:dohh:

So...massive congratulations to Amy on the birth of Solomon and to Betty on the birth of Francesca...they're both absolutely adorable. Well done ladies....I can't believe I've followed this thread for so long and now you've got your babies in your arms!

Without sounding like a completely hormonal drip...thank you for starting this thread Betty and thanks to everyone who contributes...it really does give us bigger women a place to see the positives of plus sized pregnancy and not just the negatives and gives those of trying to conceive much hope for the future. I hope that one day soon I will have such a joyous thing to look forward to.

3 cheers everyone! :thumbup:

xx

Hey ladies just a qick update from me, I had a major bleed yesterday, my bp was vv low 50 over 30, I'm home now, but have an irritable uterus now n feeling very low, glad betty n bubs are doing so well.

Hugs to all.

Can't believe I have missed so much...I've had a terrible start to the year which has meant that I've just been too busy to check in on everyone...and then our internet went and broke....I just knew I was gonna miss the births.:dohh:

So...massive congratulations to Amy on the birth of Solomon and to Betty on the birth of Francesca...they're both absolutely adorable. Well done ladies....I can't believe I've followed this thread for so long and now you've got your babies in your arms!

Without sounding like a completely hormonal drip...thank you for starting this thread Betty and thanks to everyone who contributes...it really does give us bigger women a place to see the positives of plus sized pregnancy and not just the negatives and gives those of trying to conceive much hope for the future. I hope that one day soon I will have such a joyous thing to look forward to.

3 cheers everyone! :thumbup:

xx

Aw bless ya, I'm sorry to hear you have had such a crappy time, I hope things are better for you now.

I'm so glad I started this thread too, you can't believe how much all the support from you ladies has meant to me and I know from all the comments there are lots of you who feel the same.

Although it's in the pregnancy forum I'm still going to post here and keep up with you all, it would be nice to know it keeps going and helps more ladies in the future.

Hey ladies just a qick update from me, I had a major bleed yesterday, my bp was vv low 50 over 30, I'm home now, but have an irritable uterus now n feeling very low, glad betty n bubs are doing so well.

Hugs to all.

Aw hun :hugs:

Do they know what caused the bleed?

I hope you are getting plenty of rest. I will be thinking of you xxxxx

Coz of amount, they say it was placenta, apparently it can peel up, but I was a bit out of it, was just soo scary.

Just popped I'm to post my birth story.... Eventually I got it all down..... Thanks reading xxx

My Birth Story

I was asked to call the hospital on the morning I was due to be induced between 10-10.30am to find out what time they wanted me. It took about 15 minutes to get through to the labour ward but when I finally did get through I was told to get ready and come in for 11.30am. This was going to be tight. I headed up the stairs to wake Stephen and get Freya ready for her day (and probable night) at nanna's. But first Freya was going to panto with aunty Claire so we were dropping her off at grandma and grandads before heading to the hospital.

We arrived about 11.45am and were led to a waiting room. We sat there for a good hour before being taken down to our own room. I was informed about the induction and what it entailed for me. I was examined to see how dilated I was as this would determine what step would be taken next, whether my waters would be broken or a pessary inserted. It was the latter so I was a little gutted. I was only 1-2cm dilated. After a change of shift I was hooked up to a monitor to check Seren's heart rate and my blood pressure was taken every 30 minutes for 2hrs. I was told they would examine me again 6hrs after the pessary was inserted to see if I had made any progress and after my 2hrs of monitoring I was sent up to the postnatal ward until 7.20pm (6 hrs after the pessary was inserted at 1.20pm).*

While on the ward I was getting mild but uncomfortable contractions and only felt comfortable lying on my side. I was given paracetamol and dinner. I was feeling like I needed to crap but every time is sat on the toilet it was agony, I felt like I was going fall inside out starting at the foof.*At 7.15pm ish we headed back down to the labour ward and I was put into a different labour suite this one had one of them mad birthing stools in with the hanging material to wrap around you.... I thought brill! I'll give that a go...lol! I got on the bed and was examined again this time the midwife broke my waters YAY! It was very painful but once broken what a relief. There was another change of shift.

I was told to get up and start moving about to get Seren heading in the right direction. But I couldn't get off the bed. Every time I thought right I'll get up now I was hit with another contraction. I'm not a suffer in silence kind of gal so it started to get loud. I eventually got up and headed to the bathroom to clean myself up a bit and got some knickers and a pad on, by this time I started to feel nauseous. Feeling nauseous was my main reason for not wanting gas and air as I assumed that it was this that made me feel nauseous when having Freya! It turns out that being in labour can make you nauseous! I managed to get myself to the mad birthing stool with Stephens help. Sitting on it just wasn't working for me so I stood hanging on to the material and swung back and forth which helped. After what seemed like hrs a told Stephen to get the midwife as I felt like pushing. I got back on the bed to be examined and was at 7cm.

I stayed on the bed and started using the gas and air. The midwife said she would take my lead so for me to let her know when baby was coming. It wasn't long before I reached that point. After pushing out the head the midwife asked me to pause while she checked around the neck for the cord. Which wasn't there but a hand was..... After a few more pushes and Seren Joan Hudson was born 9.23pm with just 1hr 38min of active labour, 8 minutes of that was pushing. I received no stitches and was only grazed slightly. I got immediate skin to skin and as soon as the placenta was delivered she latched on.

I couldn't believe it when she was weighed at 10lb 3oz.

My induction experience was fabulous and nothing like how I had imagined. I think the hypnobirthing techniques that I attempted to use did me well. I did feel pain and screamed the hospital down but was a lot more together and in control than when I had Freya. Even Stephen agreed. And no drugs just the gas and air. I didn't even ask for any.

Great birth story Ogrebabies!

Steph that is very scary! I hope that you don't have any more bleeding episodes. Did they put you on bedrest? I hope they told you to take iron to build your blood back up if you lost so much :hugs:

Aw thanks for posting Ogre - a lot of it sounds like my story. I was fortunate enough not to need the pessary but I totally know what you mean about the need to poo - it turned into a bit of a joke cos I kept having to be unhooked from the monitors to go to the loo lol.

Well done love - I'm so jealous that you had a nice big baby and didn't need stitches!

all these lovely babys are being born. how exciting, hope your bottom problem resolves or the dr can give u somethin for it.

Aw thanks for posting Ogre - a lot of it sounds like my story. I was fortunate enough not to need the pessary but I totally know what you mean about the need to poo - it turned into a bit of a joke cos I kept having to be unhooked from the monitors to go to the loo lol.

Well done love - I'm so jealous that you had a nice big baby and didn't need stitches!

The ME in June 2008 when I had Freya is jealous of me too lol xxx

all these lovely babys are being born. how exciting, hope your bottom problem resolves or the dr can give u somethin for it.

It does seem to be healing and the swelling is definitely going down. I'm waiting for the midwife to come and visit today, she will give it a check over for me.

Francesca is having her heel prick test today - I've told Steve we can't cry if she gets upset when it's done lol.

How are things with you wannabemumma? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was 30wks!

It does seem to be healing and the swelling is definitely going down. I'm waiting for the midwife to come and visit today, she will give it a check over for me.

Francesca is having her heel prick test today - I've told Steve we can't cry if she gets upset when it's done lol.

How are things with you wannabemumma? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was 30wks!

im very well thank you betty, just plodding on as u do, waiting for next week to come as im moving so that will be a great relief.
got a lovely bumo developing too which is getting bigger day by day.
are u bf?
how do you find mother hood
sarah X

Aw nice new house and new baby - how lovely!

Would love to see a bump pic if you feel confident enough to post one?

I'm formula feeding - to be completely honest breast feeding is just not something I ever thought about doing before getting pregnant and I've never had the urge to do it. I had a brief spell where I was fretting over whether to try or not, but I knew in my heart I didn't really want to and I just thought that if I wasn't comfortable trying then it would be stressful for both of us. What have you decided to do?

I'm really loving being a mum, we popped out to the shop on mon then for a meal that evening and I was so proud pushing her round and having people coo over her. I think it will be tough when Steve goes back to work but I'm hoping to get to a few groups and meet some more mums.

Aw nice new house and new baby - how lovely!

Would love to see a bump pic if you feel confident enough to post one?

I'm formula feeding - to be completely honest breast feeding is just not something I ever thought about doing before getting pregnant and I've never had the urge to do it. I had a brief spell where I was fretting over whether to try or not, but I knew in my heart I didn't really want to and I just thought that if I wasn't comfortable trying then it would be stressful for both of us. What have you decided to do?

I'm really loving being a mum, we popped out to the shop on mon then for a meal that evening and I was so proud pushing her round and having people coo over her. I think it will be tough when Steve goes back to work but I'm hoping to get to a few groups and meet some more mums.

ill try and post a pic betty lol.
yer we lookin forward to the BIG move should be fun lol.
least hun you tried the breast thing hun thats all you can do and its really not benifical to do somethin u not totally comfy with.
im hoping to breast feed but im not totally stressed if i can.
ii bet you do love the 'mummy effect'
Its a long awaited event isnt it.
im sure your 'sure start' may have some events going on too they normally lovely.
i think i may have uploaded pic :)
glad your well hun.
any tips for hosp bag etc?
sarah x

i think ive done it this tome.
this was taken last week i feel huge but im measuring 2 weeks ahead but baby is on scale from scan.
the undie is wat my oh got me as a treat from hot milk its lush
sarah

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 7
Oh wow that is a lovely bump!!!

Tips for hospital bag? Well I had a big case which had a zip up section in the lid where I put everything I would need for during labour and just after - toiletries, pants, labour t shirt, etc. Then I put all my towels, pj's, maternity pads, undies, going home clothes etc in the bottom part along with a bag containing everything for baby.

I've seen some ladies post that they take 3 different bags, but I managed to keep everything seperate and just take one case which keeps things tidier when you don't have a lot of space.

Oh and put a bottle of water in the freezer and take it with you when you go in. I got very thirsty but only wanted little sips in between contractions and found the defrosted water a godsend. You can also wrap a flannel around it and put it on your forehead for a bit to cool you down lol! Also some dextrose/glucose tablets give you a quick energy burst.

There is a sticky thread in third tri with lots of suggestions of things to take but once you have got everything together just post the list here and I will let you know how useful I found things or if there is anything else I can recommend.

Oh wow that is a lovely bump!!!

Tips for hospital bag? Well I had a big case which had a zip up section in the lid where I put everything I would need for during labour and just after - toiletries, pants, labour t shirt, etc. Then I put all my towels, pj's, maternity pads, undies, going home clothes etc in the bottom part along with a bag containing everything for baby.

I've seen some ladies post that they take 3 different bags, but I managed to keep everything seperate and just take one case which keeps things tidier when you don't have a lot of space.

Oh and put a bottle of water in the freezer and take it with you when you go in. I got very thirsty but only wanted little sips in between contractions and found the defrosted water a godsend. You can also wrap a flannel around it and put it on your forehead for a bit to cool you down lol! Also some dextrose/glucose tablets give you a quick energy burst.

There is a sticky thread in third tri with lots of suggestions of things to take but once you have got everything together just post the list here and I will let you know how useful I found things or if there is anything else I can recommend.

hiya.
i saw the sticky i just like to hear peoples personal thoughts and i love the water and flannel idea,
how long were u in for in the end?
i feel huge bump wise i just hope it goes quickly lol.
im thinking the 1 bag idea less to forget as well lol.
a holdal size?
how do u all sleep with baby? does she sleep well?
sarah
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"