Any big momma's out there?

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :) Great to see Brandy here too :)

Betty - DH loved his pressies!! For the benefit of the other ladies: to tell DH I was pregnant I wrapped up a newborn outfit that said 'I love mummy and daddy' on it and also wrapped up my positive digi test.

When he opened the babygrow he was like, 'what did you buy this for, you should wait until we get pregnant really!!' So I rolled my eyes and gave him the digi test to open, when he did he said 'is this real?' I was like 'yep - I peed on it this morning!!!' :dohh:

Once he got over the surprise (he was expecting me to test on Sunday so wasn't expecting to find out on Friday!!) he was so excited. Don't think he took it all in really, then about an hour later he came and hugged me and got a ittle bit emotional - so think it hit him then

Since then we've been talking and making plans etc, and it still feels quite surreal really. He is super protective of me now too, telling me to be careful when I'm walking down the stairs etc. It is so cute :)

Welcome to the new ladies - how exciting for you all :)

Betty - so glad you and Francesca are doing so well, lovely family photo there - first of many!

We are moving house this week and I can't wait for it to be over! Still so much to pack and organise but between the nausea and tiredness I'm not really achieving much! DH is being great but it's really too much for him to do on his own and I've already pulled a muscle in my back by barely doing anything :D

Hope you're all well! x

Hi Brandy! Welcome to the club! 295lbs is 21stone 1lb just for reference x

It's so nice to see you all here to keep this thread going, I would be very sad if it died out just because my princess is here now.

As I'm sure most of you know I lost quite a bit of weight during pregnancy, so I weighed myself this morning - 17stone exactly (238lbs). I was 20 stone 6lbs (286lbs) when I got my bfp so have lost 3stone 6lbs (48lbs) in total :happydance:

Francesca has a bit of a cold at the moment bless her, she is really snuffly and sneezey and wants lots of cuddles. DH feels guilty because we have had so many visitors, both at the hospital and at home, and thinks we have brought this on her. I keep telling him she will be fine and it would have happened sooner or later anyway, and that the only way she will build her immune system up is by being poorly.

I'm gonna ask the midwife on Tues if there is anything I can use to help ease her snuffles. I had a look at Karvol and baby olbas oil today and you can't use either of them for a child under 3 months - it really sucks!

She doesn't seem to be distressed by it though thank goodness, just wanting extra cuddles sometimes - which isn't a problem lol

Hi Ladies!

My poor little princess sounded awful when she woke up for her overnight feeds. I struggled to wind her because she could hardly breathe - it was quite harrowing :cry:

We took her to the doctor this morning and thankfully it isn't on her chest and so is just a head cold. She told us we can give her Calpol if she gets a bit distressed and worked out the dosage based on her age and weight, so we will give her some tonight if she isn't any better.

DH did a bit of research into ways we could help her, and when looking at a nasal aspirator on the boots.com website we spotted that the same company do a room vapour as well which you put on a damp towel on a radiator or in a bowl of warm water. It's made of pure essential oils which help to clear decongestion, smells heavenly and is suitable from birth!

https://www.boots.com/en/4Little1-Baby-nose-clear-room-vapour_923984/

The midwife is visiting again tomorrow, I'm hoping she will weigh Francesca again as I'm curious to see how her weight has changed since Thursady lol!

Hope you are all well xxxxxxxx

Hi Betty - sorry to hear Francesca isn't well :( I'm sure she'll be just fine. I can imagine it is so worrying, especially with the first. I guess the worrying never stops, from the moment you get your BFP!!!

I'm feeling pretty tired today, and a bit quesy at times - don't think the full on nausea has hit yet though!!

I re-tested yesterday and got a much darker line :)

Oh Betty that sounds scary!! I'm glad it's nothing serious. :thumbup: You're such a good momma!

Had my first appt today! Went amazing!! There was not a single mention of my weight?!?! We talked a lot about my diabetes, I had a PAP(fun stuff), and I am scheduled to come back next Monday. I have to do labs tomorrow morning(more fun stuff, lol) . My due date is October 10th, but he has scheduled my C-Section for the 3rd!!! Yeah!! I am so excited! I will find out next monday when my first scan is.

Had my first appt today! Went amazing!! There was not a single mention of my weight?!?! We talked a lot about my diabetes, I had a PAP(fun stuff), and I am scheduled to come back next Monday. I have to do labs tomorrow morning(more fun stuff, lol) . My due date is October 10th, but he has scheduled my C-Section for the 3rd!!! Yeah!! I am so excited! I will find out next monday when my first scan is.

Oh I'm so glad to hear you had a positive experience! The first scan is so exciting, bet you can't wait xx

Hiya everyone

Sorry to hear your little lass isn't to great Betty, hope she is able to breathe easier again soon, it is horrible when babies are so bunged up, I found when we had the bedroom window open at night time, it helped loads, but not so easy when it is so cold.

I am keeping fine, aches and pains lol, but feeling little one kicking loads, she has not been quite as active today as she was yesterday (she wouldn't stop yesterday :lol: ) so she must be catching up on sleep :D , I had a dream last night remembering my labours and the girls births last night, and actually thinking about what the body had to do lol, it always worries me, even though I have had straight forward labours and births. But having the memory so clear with each of my girls births, is just amazing :D Just those first cuddles are the best ever

Anyways lol, hope your all keeping well xx

Hi ladies,

I have just spoken to my midwives and made an appointment :) She seemed really nice and friendly actually, so feel good about that.

But my appointment isn't until I'm 10weeks! It just feels like forever away :(

It is so exciting when you get your BFP, but then it seems to go rather quiet for a while. Anyone else feel like this?!!!

Hi ladies,

I have just spoken to my midwives and made an appointment :) She seemed really nice and friendly actually, so feel goos about that.

But my appointment isn't unitl I'm 10weeks! It just feels like forever away :(

It is so exciting when you get your BFP, but then it seems to go rather quiet for a while. Anyone else feel like this?!!!

It is all the excitement of being pregnant, then that wait till the first appointment eh, it seems to drag lol. I had a midwife visit when I was earlier on, then the scan at 12 weeks then nothing until 20 weeks for a scan, my first actual appointment wasn't until last week when I was 24 weeks :lol: my next one is at 28 weeks but I will have to have a GTT then to.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :D hope you enjoy every minute of it xx

Thankyou :) Think i'm just being too impatient - will try and relax and enjoy the ride :)

I know exactly how you feel Lara - I had my booking appointment at 6wks and then had to wait til 12wks for my scan. It felt like forever! Seems like a lifetime ago now though lol.

Lainey - Francesca is doing much better today thank you. Took her to the doc yesterday and she says it hasn't gone onto her chest thankfully. We bought some essential oil drops from boots that you can either put into a bowl of hot water, or onto a damp towel on a radiator. They smell absolutely wonderful and are suitable from birth. I think they have really helped.

We just need to try and keep her awake a bit more today. She slept most of the day yesterday and then wouldn't sleep last night. She has been a bit more active today so far which is a good sign!!

this is a cheeky post i know and i have also posted on ladies fashion too.
but ladys i have a pair of size 18 slim fit mamas and papas jean brand new with labels.
i wanna get rid asap so £5 for any one please thats including p&p
please soz to be intrusive,

this is a cheeky post i know and i have also posted on ladies fashion too.
but ladys i have a pair of size 18 slim fit mamas and papas jean brand new with labels.
i wanna get rid asap so £5 for any one please thats including p&p
please soz to be intrusive,

Aw I wish I would fit in those but I'm not quite there yet!!!!!

aww lol, i was gutted wen i went to 18 but the maternity ones are quite big too. even now lol.
glad Francesca a bit better now.

Morning Ladies!

Well last night I was so tired I took Francesca up to bed at around 8.45pm. We had cuddles in bed watching tv until she fell asleep at half 9, so I put her in her basket and got my head down in the hope that she would last until her next feed was due around midnight.

I woke up around 11ish and she was still fast off so I went back to sleep. I couldn't believe my eyes when I next woke up and it was 2am!! She hadn't fed since 8pm so had gone 6hrs and was showing no sign of waking up. I decided I wasn't going to leave her any longer so heated a bottle up and she guzzled it down - although she left about an oz. She went straight back to sleep and so did I - she woke up around 5ish for her next feed and again went straight back to sleep.

DH got up around half 8 and took her downstairs with him so I could have a lie in as I was still so tired. I didn't get up until 11.30am!!!!!!

All I can say is WOW - I had almost forgotten what sleep felt like lol!!!!

I think she slept better because she was awake more in the day yesterday so hopefully she will be the same today - fingers crossed!!

I hope all of you are well today, love and hugs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->