Any Christians Wanna Chat?

I guess the only other thing to say is ouch Lynni! It's times like these it would be good to have family close by to help out. I can't even imagine trying to cope on my own with 2 boys three and under and bad PGP. Try to take it as easy as you can though.

MP is my baby's nickname lol - short for megapixel. Started out as pixel and then after my first scan got "upgraded" :haha:

Thats kind of why I feel like I am having a boy too. I always wanted a girl first, long before meeting DH, and then when he said his family doesn't have girls first and everyone as far back as they know of has had either one or two boys first I was even more determined to break the tradition and have a girl lol. But then when I surrendered that desire and prayed to give my DH a son it was either that month or the next that I got pregnant. But as I've said, I've been waffling a lot lately and I'm not as confident it's a boy as I was initially. I'm not feeling like it's a girl per se, but my mom also was sure I was a boy, and as I think I mentioned, lately it's our girls name that pops in my head when I think of the baby. :shrug:

xpecta i am so happy for you hun! congrats. x x

xpecta- yay for :pink:!!!!! thats a beautiful name:flower:

ndh- dont know if that sounds like my first daughters name but spelled different? her name is alyana. pronounced alee-anna. dont know if that helped lol. when i found it in a book it said it meant eternal bloom. i fell in love with it before i was ever pregnant with her and wanted a girl sooo bad.

Would be pronounced the same way yes :). I just looked it up in my book - it means Bearer of light. The book I have also gives a spiritual connotation and a related Bible verse (and indicates if the name is in the Bible) and the spiritual connotation is Ambassador of Truth. So I was close anyway. (Alianna not Alyana - can't find your daughter's name in my book but it's only a 10,000 name book so by no means exhaustive lol).

The tricky thing for names is the meanings can change over time, and sometimes have multiple origins with different meanings so different sources will say different things.

Xpecta, the verse associated with Elianna (though spelled with only one n in my book as the most common spelling is first) I'm sure you won't be surprised to know, is 1 Samuel 1:20 :flower:

Thank you girls! I'm very happy!! :happydance: I mean, even thought we already knew we were having a girl, it still feels so great. Now all the pictures I had in my head of the future are secure. They don't have to change according to the Gender. :D

Ooohhh..... Megapixle, that's cute :haha: And yeah, if you're getting a strong feeling from God that you're having a Boy, then you probably are. :D Little boys are so fun! I'm excited to have one of each! Now I just want March to get here now so I can snuggle my baby girl!

Also, thank you for telling me that Verse!! That is so cool!! Sometimes it still blows my mind the way God works, and the way His word matches up with things, you know?

ndh- that would be a good book to have. we looked up all of our names in the bible once. i was surprised to find my DH name in there. he has such a common name and doesnt sound like something in the bible at all. his name is jason. we read up on it and he was happy about what it said. :)

when i found my daughters name is was at least over 13 years go, probably more like 14 or 15 cuz it was before i had ever been pregnant and she is 13 now, i also had 2 m/c before her. i think it said it was a native american name. we had a fire when my girls were little, by the grace of God we werent home, but lost the book and have never found another book with her spelling in it.

Aww how sad to lose the book you chose her name out of :(

And it's really surprising sometimes just what names are actually Biblical. I really wanted Biblical names for all our kids, or at the very least strong scriptural meaning to the names. DH thought I was being weird, but as it turns out the names we've settled on do happen to be Biblical lol. So I win this round. Our top girls choice isn't even once I would have realised was a Biblical name until I got this book, and then thenthe very week we decided on our names I was doing my bible reading and there were both our boy and girl names in the very same verse! Lol. Our backup girls name isn't Biblical, but my mom's name is Rebekah, which will be the middle name. (my dad's name as middle name for a boy - second born DHs parents will have the honour as they already have grandchildren named after FIL).

I just looked up your hubby's verse in my book Melissa.

"Jason. Origin: Greek. Inherent meaning: Healer. Spiritual connotation: benevolent. Verse: a good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good... For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45 (nkjv)"

awww thats awesome hun. i hadnt heard that before. we found his name in acts 17:5-9 where there was a man named jason who was a believer. he thought it was cool to see his name in there lol

I'm pretty sure my name isn't in there. Also, the name that my sister wanted to call me which was Shower :shrug: hahaha

Hey, can you look up and see if the Name Julian is in your book? I'm absolutely In LOVE with that name, but it doesn't have a good enough meaning to me to name a son that.

We've chosen names that have great Christian meanings.

Tobias means "The Goodness of God." and Elianna means "God has Answered." Which is fitting after what we went through to get her in our lives!

Elliott's middle name is Jason , hence EJ, this one will be Andreas John,

I did get a little rest yesterday while the boys napped and actually apart from odd dreams got some sleep last night too.

Xpecta, Julian is in my book (under the same listing as Julias, which is a biblical name). It means youthful. Spiritual connotation is regenerated. Associated verse Ephesians 4:23-24 - and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man... In true righteousness and holiness. (nkjv)

I like Tobias also :). Has always been on my list for a boys name but hubby said nope :nope:

Lynn you're lucky you got sleep last night! For two reasons, being that far along in pregnancy, its hard to get good sleep. And I'm jealous cause I didn't get the greatest sleep. I was dreaming about being in Highschool again, and things were making me angry. Then I was Hungry all night! Every time I woke up I was sooo hungry, and also had to pee haha. Not fun.

Also, I like the name Andreas. How would you pronounce it?

NDH, THANK You for looking that up!! The only thing I could find online was the Julian Calendar >: ( haha. I read the verse! I like it... Its not as Christian as Christopher (Which is another name I love that means "Bearer of Christ." But at least you found me a Christian meaning! :D Thank you!!

Also, why doesn't your OH like Tobais?

xpecta- my Dh has a brother named christopher. we considered it for a middle name. problem is that he has another brother and i have two brothers also. so would it look like we are picking faves? if that makes any sense.:wacko: i know what you mean about the lack of sleep, ugh. all last week i had rough nights. it caught up to me by thursday and friday. i felt all emotional and crampy. not good:nope:

we havent picked any names for sure yet. i think it will be easier when we find out the gender. we really dont have to have them be a name out of the bible though or a name that has a specific meaning. they will all be written in the Book of Life by the end (im standing on that promise!), so thats good enough for me:winkwink: i pray for Gods help in naming them though and i know He leads us in everything.

I've always loved the name Christopher!! But I never wanted to name my Child Christopher cause I didn't want them to be called Chris, cause that's too common. I like my names being uncommon!

Hence Tobias and Elianna :) People try to call Tobias, Toby though, and I say "No! Its Tobias, if you MUST shorten it, call him 'Bias'" haha That's what we call him :)

But yeah, Elianna, I didn't pick. That was God! He showed me the name. Then it was like, "DONE!" haha. Our other girl name we had picked out was Adalia. I love that name too :)

they are all cute! im not sure why, but i dont like people to shorten my kids names either. that is unless im the one picking the shortening :dohh:

i love unusual names! im forced to go with traditional names though, my DH doesnt like names that are too unusual. he wont hardly budge lol. so far we have...
alyana irene, felicia nicole, peyton micheal, jaxon keely, nathon daniel

we realized while we were pregnant last time that our girls names end in 'a' like mine (melissa) and our boys names end in 'on' like my DH (jason). we hadnt planned that but changed the spelling of nathan to nathon when we were still pregnant with him to fit in with the rest. my DH informed me that the next will have to fit in with our trend now too. so that got rid of a few of my names i liked. i guess i can assume any girls we have will end in 'a' and boys will end in 'on' now. :haha:

haha that's awesome!!! I love it!!

With my Family, my dad's name is Phil, Mom - Karina, Sister - Amy, Brother -PJ (Phillip Juniour) Me- Krystal and little brother - Alex

Now if you take the first letter from each name, it goes PKA PKA hahaha So we used to slpit up like "Okay, the K's go that way, and the P's will be here." whenever we'd go shopping. But that was a complete accident!! They didn't mean to name us that way!

There is no significant order to the names we're choosing for our kids.
And as for the names of yours, they're not common where I live. Also, how do you pronounce Alyana? And are the second names, middle names for them?

haha that's awesome!!! I love it!!

With my Family, my dad's name is Phil, Mom - Karina, Sister - Amy, Brother -PJ (Phillip Juniour) Me- Krystal and little brother - Alex

Now if you take the first letter from each name, it goes PKA PKA hahaha So we used to slpit up like "Okay, the K's go that way, and the P's will be here." whenever we'd go shopping. But that was a complete accident!! They didn't mean to name us that way!

There is no significant order to the names we're choosing for our kids.
And as for the names of yours, they're not common where I live. Also, how do you pronounce Alyana? And are the second names, middle names for them?

thats cute with your families names. its crazy how little things work out like that even when your not trying. we always choose a different letter for their first names. yes, those second names are middle names. alyana is pronounced like alley-anna or alee-anna. not sure which helps you more lol. most everyone pronounces it wrong, the dr, her teachers, etc, lol. she usually just goes by aly to make it easier. your moms name karina is going on my girl names list! :flower:

Yeah, that's pretty close to Elianna. Its pronounced Elli- Ah-Nah. And Joy is part of her First name. No one in my Family has middle names. Not quite sure why. But Elianna Joy is kind of a tribute to her daddy, cause his First name is Billy Joe. So, I thought it would be nice :) I think for the most part, we'll call her Joy for short.

I'll be sure to tell my mom :) She's a Maternity nurse (Or was until about two weeks ago - Now she runs the Pediatrics department) And she was amazing!! One coupld called their baby Kikarina because they wanted to honour my mom. I've always liked the name Karina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->