Any Christians Wanna Chat?

thats adorable that she has a name like her daddy! :cloud9:

its so crazy how customs change from one place to another. everyone i know has a middle name, and some people have two! :flower: your mom has a very pretty name. its awesome she works in maternity care/pediatrics. she probably has a wealth of knowledge for you. you have picked some very cute names. we will likely not decide on a name for a long time, but we will be discussing it off and on more after we find out gender.

Xpecta, no idea why he vetoed Tobias. :shrug: he vetoed my whole boys list though :(. We only have one boys name that we've been able to agree to and I reluctantly gave in to it. Still hoping he might come around to more possibilities but it's pretty firm in his head that our names are sorted. Oh well. Like you I was wanting names that meant answered prayer or gift from God, or along those lines, but he didn't like any of the ones I found :(

Blessedmomma- Its just my family...We're weird haha. My mom has a Middle name, but my dad's side of the family doesn't, so none of the Children did. Then I didn't give our kids any. hahahah Billy and I came close to calling him "Tobias Georgeclooney" hahaha But yeah, I put my foot down. Yeah, I like my moms name :) I told her you put it on your list, and she was flattered. And yes, she's great for advice. At least she was last time. I rarely talk to her now. I put all my faith in God for pregnancy stuff now.

Also, we didn't decide on Tobias until he came out. The very first time his eyes locked on mine, that was it!!! I said "He's a Tobias!" and Billy said Okay! :)

The names we had Chosen out for boys were - Shawndon, Miles, Tobias and Tevin. Then for girls it was - Juliet, Devin and Tobias haha. (Apparently I liked his name :) )

NDH - Maybe try bring some names up again? Then ask him why he doesn't want them! Tell him you was a good explanation! Lucky for me, I picked out all the names I've always loved and Billy just said "Yes, Dear." hahaha

And who knows, you may not pick a name until the baby is born! Then when you meet them, you'll just know what to call them :D

By the way, do you know the Gender?

Nope, we're team :yellow:. I've tried re-suggesting names, and some he had reasons for (mostly knowing people who have left really bad associations for the names for him) but I have no recollection of which names he had reasons for and which he didn't. Today I did at least get him to agree to keep an open mind about considering more options for boys names so that's a start anyway.

thanks hun, its DH's middle name and we pronouce it An- Drey- us ,

thats cute lynnikins. its nice to pass down a name. our oldest dd has my middle name and our oldest ds has Dh middle name :flower: the rest of mine got their middle names from family or friends as well.

xpecta- i rarely talk to my mom either. i only see her maybe once a year. more because of issues we had for as long as i can remember. its uncomfortable being around her now that im a christian. theres a lot of persecution from some of my family. i will follow my Lord no matter what though! i love how you named tobias. we keep getting later and later in choosing a name. with my first, her name was picked long before we were pregnant with her. with my last, his name was picked only a couple months before he came. the rest were in there along the way, but later and later. i like the idea of not being locked in on a name and naming the baby when he/she comes.

my dh and i have always had difficulty agreeing on names, esp boy names..
it's a name that is for life and I personally love biblical names as my family has them, dh doesn't care for them..my brothers' names :Melvin Jr, Daniel wayne, Joseph simon, David melvin, Hezekiah Jeremiah, Phineas Malachi..although he goes by Malachi, Micaiah Enoch
the girls in my family are not so biblical although we have few Amish names as my father was raised Amish.. Fanny Jay, Carol Ann, Lilly Christine, Angela Sue, Debbie ann (me i was named after my mother..)

those are all beautiful love! i love biblical names too. i just dont want to limit myself to them. God has given us so many beautiful names to choose from. i dont like being limited to the names ending in 'a' or 'on' either, but i guess i am now. i wish my DH was like xpectas DH and just let me choose lol.:haha: we have to agree on them though. i reeeeeally love malachi, even before i started reading the bible and found out it was in there. its def in the running for a middle name if its a boy, or for any future boys. :winkwink:

I love Malachai too. DH, surprise surprise, doesn't :haha:. Oh and while I do live biblical names and if I had a cooperative hubby would probably give all my kids names from the Bible, it is the meaning that's more important to us, and there are definitely a lot of Biblical names I would never use for that reason :haha:

And I think I mentioned before that we'll be using family names for middle names. Starting with our parents for the first four (ok at least three anyway - if we end up with 4 of the same gender we'll be a bit stuck :haha:). We'd prefer to use their first names, but DHs mom has two middle names and one is Freeman, so that would work if we had three boys, and my dad's middle name is Lane, so could work for a third girl.

I do hope hubby will agree to consider at least one more boy name - would love to have at least two options for each gender chosen in case our first choice doesn't suit.

ndh- thats a lovely idea for mddle names :cloud9: i hope your DH agress to another name. my DH wants to pick a name as soon as possible and stick to it. im the opposite. i dont want to be locked down on a name and tell everyone then find somethig else i love but not be able to change it. i know that sounds silly :wacko:

That's not silly at all - but can be avoided by simply not telling people ahead of time :haha:

we dont tell people names ahead of time i can share them online because my friends know not to say anything but nobody esp family will know till we send the birth annoucement

what a roller coaster :( girls I need some prayers too keep myself & hubby strong :(

on Thursday we had a 20 week scan which showed 'dense matter' in our baby's bowel, we have been refered too fetal medicine and go there for an appointment tomorrow for a detailed scan & blood work then they will decide what happens from there

I don't want too ask for prayers that our baby will be fine, because I am willing too accept whatever god's plan is for our baby & us, instead I ask for prayers too keep myself & hubby strong and able too cope with whatever is given too us

absolutely hun, Im sorry you have to go through this but hopefully baby will be fine! x x

no not silly at all..we kept our youngest dd 's name a secret from everyone..Hayleigh Noelle...everyone wanted to know and we refused to tell. I didn't want to hear all the negative comments about the name and have us changing our minds. We struggle to find the right name. Dh is so particular, esp with boy names..I love Malachi but he just doesn't care for it.

button- im so sorry to hear that. i will pray for you and DH to be strong. im also praying that He heals any problems with the baby though. i know you will give God so much glory when He performs a miracle. He does them every day! hang in there hun. i just know God is working for you :hugs:

ndh- it would be a good idea not to tell anyone, but he wont have that lol. he wants to text everyone as soon as we find out gender and as soon as we choose a name, so thats not really an option. he also wants to start calling the baby by its name as soon as we pick it. so i dont feel right about changing the name when he is already calling it by the name. he is very antsy about telling people things haha. he used to tell people the day we would get a bfp, until this pregnancy. we got some negative responses with our last one, being our 5th. so this time he didnt want to tell anyone right away.

love- thats a gorgeous name:cloud9: we really arent worried about people not liking our names. there is always someone who says something but once we have decided it doesnt change, thats how my DH is. im gonna try to not pick a name until very close to birth or birth day this time!

i cant believe we are gonna find out the gender this week! eeeeeeee!

love- i forgot to say, we actually kept my 2nd dd name a secret til she was born. with my 1st dd my mom wanted to change her name and when i wouldnt budge she wanted to change spelling. i didnt want to hear it again so we kept it to ourselves. when she was born my mom asked her name and i told her, she said, "thats what the big secret was?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess she thought it was gonna be some spectacularly weird name, but really we just didnt want to hear her be negative about the name we chose.:dohh:

we have since decided that everyone gets to name the children God gave them, but WE get to name the ones He gives us. so could care less what they think of our kids names. it makes me wonder if people who have something rude to say ever feel bad about it when thats the baby's name after all even after they have said negative things about it.:wacko:

button..i will indeed say a prayer for you and your dh..
blessed..i can't believe you are almost 20wks already..:happydance:

button you ,baby and hubby are in my prayers, Im sure God has his hand holding tight to you all right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->