Any Christians Wanna Chat?

Reallly? That's so cool! I didn't know that. Hmm... I don't know how my moms or my grandmothers pregnancies were...

it was something i looked into caus my mum went overdue a couple of times ( the only times she wasnt induced ) and now me and my sister both have so......

That's interesting. Do you know how your grandmother was with labour?

my mum always went really early unlike me! lol

tricia- lol same here, my mom and i are completely different! my mom went overdue with most of us and im usually about 2 weeks early. i have always heard there was no correlation though, so i never really thought about it

Xpecta, it might be difficult to establish how early/late our grandmothers generation went labourwise as the dating wasn't as sophisticated, and if women didn't keep good track of when their period was there was really no accurate way to know. My grandma still claims that she was 6 weeks overdue with my aunt! But maybe it's not her generation but just my grandma lol. She also says she doesn't know when her last period was but that she isn't post-menopausal :haha: (I saw that on a piece of paper from her doctor she had tacked above her sink :rofl:)

my mom was due with my brother on december 5 and he was born january 22! he weighed 11 lbs 10 oz or something like that. ouch! my mom went into labor once and it went away on its own. her doctor was trying to get in the guinness book of world records for delivering the biggest baby and knocked a bunch of women out of labor. guess he got in a lot of trouble for it. he didnt knock my mom out of labor, just didnt induce like he should have. my mom had a broken tailbone from the labor, she had him naturally. yikes!

Yikes going that far over! I'd have expected much bigger than 11lbs from being so overdue though. My dads cousin's first baby was 11lbs (not excessively overdue, no GD, and natural), and her second was nearly 13lbs. She said no more! after her second as they kept getting bigger lol, but a few years later had a girl who was "only" 8.5lbs.
I still say my grandma had her dates way off though. My aunt was only around 8lbs at birth - no way she was 6 weeks overdue even if it is possible.

ndh- my mom thinks they lied about his weight cuz of how the nurses were acting when they weighed him. they kept being real secretive at first and she could hear them talking funky to each other. but who knows :shrug:
they knocked my mom out right after he was born and when she woke up they wouldnt let her see him for a long time. she finally got to see him and said he was all bruised up from the birth. im sure nowadays someone would have sued. :wacko:

That is so scary :(

that was in 1976, im sure things woud never go that way today. how are you feeling hun?

I've just been doing my blog catch up (I haven't been on the computer all month! Just on bnb on my iPod) and came upon a post from my favourite blog that I had to share with you ladies, especially as we were discussing ways to train up and nurture our children recently.

https://www.myblessedhome.net/?p=11344

well my grandmother apparently didnt have very very long pregnancies lol but was probably a week or 2 overdue, my mother went 4wks overdue with my brother by the doctors dates lol but she thinks it was a bit less than that and 2 wks over with my youngest sister.ive already surpassed my mothers biggest baby "my brother 10lb 6oz" with EJ who was 10lb 12oz lol

cant wait for blessedmommas update!

we are havig a :blue:!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9: DH is completely over the moon. he cant wait for his boys to get into all the sports so he can play with them, he is a huge sports fan lol. time to start looking at names :happydance:

THANK YOU NDH for that blog! That is just wonderful!! I love it!!

Lynn, That's HUGE! Tobias was only 6lbs 10 oz!!

and I agree! I can't wait for an update!! :D

YAY!! I got one right after I posted! hahahaha

Congratulations on a Boy!! :D That's wonderful!!

congrats hun! i have a feeling i will be joining you on team blue!

time will tell hun! my girls are taking me to a spa so we can have a girly day before the boys completely take over lol. i have a lot of basketball, football, baseball, etc, etc, to watch over the next several years. there may be a lot of spa days:haha:

congrats on the blue bundle hun,
i have a future of sports ahead of me too , i was saying to DH this morning that im likely to be spending years making big pots of porriage every morning to fuel my hungry lads

Heres my verse for the day,
Bible Verse of the Day

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.