Any Christians Wanna Chat?

My nappy stash is my collection of cloth nappies for bub :)

we use cloth nappies for little man and will use them for this baby too :) love them!

I can't wait to start using mine :) I'm already an addict lol.

Ah that explains it, yeah I have two bags of flannel cloth nappies and about 5 towette nappies. :)

I can't wait to start using mine :) I'm already an addict lol.

it's so easy too become addicted

Little Man has had a nasty tummy bug so been in disposables so I took the chance too stripe wash all his nappies ......... I realised I have 7/8 full days worth of nappies AND an entire birth too potty set of prefold nappies!!! and thats just little mans without even starting too cound new baby's lol I didn't dare tell hubby lol

Wowza that's a lot of nappies lol. So far I have 13 newborn size ones (11 fitteds, 2 AIOs) and 8 Small AIOs. Have just ordered 2 more newborn AIOs, and after DH gets paid next I'll be ordering 8 more newborn AIOs and a couple wraps, and hope to get 8 newborn pockets and some prefolds before bub gets here. And a Christmas one or two, and a Just Hatched embroidered one. I'm trying to resist pretties though, which is easy for the moment while I don't know what we're having but will be hard after bub is here, especially if it's a girl :haha:

Sorry little man is sick though.

cute boys nappies are hard :(

I found prefolds & fitted nappies best for newborns with a good wrap, I found you tend too get alot of leg gape with AIO's & pockets of newborns as their legs are so skinny

If this baby is a girl I dread too think how many nappies I'll end up getting lol

Ya that's why I thought I'd get a good selection of different types (at least two brands of each type too). Hopefully that will get me going from day one :)

im using prefolds on this one then will have to bulk up my stash with a few more pocket nappies lol caus i'll need more to cover the 2 of them , just need the wraps for the baby

we love cloth diapers too.:cloud9: we were just talking about adding to our stash the other day. we have some oh katy pocket AIO and itti bitti tuttu AIO. probably about 30 total. we are thinking about adding some sunbaby AIO. our oh katy's were $18 a piece and buy 5 get 1 free. our bitti tuttos were $23 a piece and buy 4 get 1 free. they are excellent but looking for something cheaper. the sunbaby's are 24 diapers for $108. thats $4.50 a dipe!!!!! hoping since they are cheaper they wont be junk. 24 would round off what we need. we will have 3 in cloth diapers for a minute so we are saving a ton of money :thumbup:

my hubby wont allow me to get cloth nappies lol! he says i have too much to do already but i would love to try them out.

Aww what shame he won't let you get some :(. I "accidentally" just bought 6 more today Lol. I buy preloved cause they're ridiculously expensive new here ($20-45 depending on brand, with most being around $30) and someone was selling them for $5 each (I aim to spend $10-15 each on used ones) so how could I resist? Lol

I'm going to end up with way too many though as I plan on using sized rather than osfm. Will probably buy bigger sizes new so they get more use, but as newborn ones are used for such a short time there's no point in buying them brand new IMO.

ndh- if i had a better place to look to get used i wouldnt mind it. they are just as good and like you said a lot cheaper:thumbup:

tricia- thats so funny, my DH said the same to me! then i showed him how much money we would save on diapers and he agreed to try them. he said if it was too much at any point we could go back to luvs.

i really thought it might be a lot more to do, but its really manageable for me. i fit it in my routine and now its just second nature. it really ended up being 2-3 loads of laundry a week. and i already to between 1-3 a day for our family of 7 going on 8 lol, so it really didnt make much difference for me.

Blessed, I buy my second hand ones through a facebook group. If you have Facebook it might be worth checking for one? My group isn't local, just general a general Australia page so we do have to pay postage but it still works out way cheaper. Over 6000 members makes for lots of them being sold daily lol.

:dohh: This child is never going to be nice to me is it? Hot flushes, fluid bm, nausea, contractions and increased fetal movement yesterday and all of last night and now... Nothing :nope:

leopard- i hope its not much longer. 1 of mine was at 37 weeks and 2 were 38 weeks, so that was nice. my dd who was on her due date i was starting to get antsy about. and my ds who was almost 2 weeks late, that was torture!!!! those last few weeks are so rough. when is your due date hun?

thanks for the info ndh! :flower:

im sure she will show up Lepoard no need to fret yet

Ugh I wish these signs would go away or get proper. They torture me. Ah well, atleast I didt come 2wks ago like the doc said i would :thumbup:

yes at least she has waited till shes ok to go home right away with you

I think it was here that I'd talked about only having one boy's name chosen that I wasn't completely sold on and how I was trying to get hubby to at least consider other names even as a back-up. After a few weeks of getting no where I left the issue alone, and hen he suddenly brought it up out of the blue :dance: Last week (or earlier this week) he asked if my dad would be offended if we used his dad's name for a first name and my dad's name for a second name. (David Trevor). I didn't have a problem with it and my dad will be delighted enough just to have his name passed on at all. But then in the end DH decided he'd rather keep David as a second name for our second son, as originally planned. But it got him thinking anyway, so today we had another name discussion and settled on a boy's name we both love :happydance:.

Unfortunately it also has him reconsidering our girl's names too :(. I love the top name we chose, but I'd be a hypocrite if I don't agree to be open to other options if he's not 100% sold on it. He also decided he doesn't like Alianna, our backup name, very much anymore either.

Why do men have to be so difficult? LOL.

We may not change our girl's name in the end though. He doesn't not like it, but he told me that as he doesn't know of anyone with that name he doesn't have any positive or negative association to the name so is having a hard time picturing it. Silly man is the one who suggested it in the first place, I never even would have considered it :rofl: I do agree about the negative associations - it's hard to give your child a name that is "shared" with someone you really don't like, and I think a lot of people operate that way. But to not want to use a name because you don't know anyone at all with that name does seem a bit odd to me. It's not like it's a made up name or anything and is ranked somewhere around 200 for popularity so it is a used name. I like names that are less common though for the same reason he doesn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->