Any Christians Wanna Chat?

our house is focused on it being Jesus's Bday and we have a cake with candles etc. etc. on Christmas day but i have to admit my children do believe in santa, it was always such a magical time for me as a kid and i wanted my kids to experience that.

i tell my girls that it's Jesus' birthday, and have a big shout out of Happy Birthday but I also enjoy the magic of Santa as well. I had that as a child as well and I love to see the spirit of Christmas giving in my kids faces.
We deck the inside and the outside with decorations and we make homemade ones. It's something that we can do together so we do it. I love playing Christmas music and baking cookies with the girls..

we dont not believe in Santa in this house but the boys dont think Santa brings thier presents they know that Mummy and Daddy buy them presents to celebrate the Gift of Jesus to us, well they might not "know" it but thats what we tell them lol. DH's Mum is Italian so celebrates in a mix of Italian and Swedish ways since she lives in Sweden and there Santa comes on Christmas Eve and drops off the presents while the children hide in their rooms then they get to open them all , they stay in on Christmas day but go out and see friends on boxing Day and party then

We did the whole Santa thing up until this year. My Aunt was telling me about how she found out that Santa wasn't real. She couldn't believe her parents would lie to her ever. She trusted them and all this. And yes, that's an extreme case, but for some reason I just didn't want to do it.

I really liked the magic of Christmas as well growing up. BUT I'm very on the fence this year cause I'm pregnant. I had the same issues with Hallowe'en. I'm just too hormonal to make these decisions this year. So we're just focusing on Jesus' Birthday instead of Santa this year, and we'll decide next year whether to go with it or not. My husband doesn't really mind either way, But he never really wanted to do the whole Santa thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z3WA9iHz5ww

You ladies will appreciate this video :)

today is my birthday and i had a wonderful day. church was great and my kids are feeling better. im getting a little more uncomfortable in the pregnancy, having more trouble getting up and breathing, getting alot bigger, but all in all im truly feeling blessed. i hope everyone is having a great weekend! :hugs:

Happy Birthday Blessed!!! I'm glad things are going well!!

Things here today were not great, but that's okay. I'm sorry you're getting uncomfortable. I am too, but not in the good way :( I feel fat :( I hate that!!

well Nate back at nursery today and even without pushing the pushchair up the hill to get back to the gate my SPD started playing up so its gonna be interesting this week since tomorrow DH goes back to work

What's SPD?

Also, I'm excited today, cause today is V-Day for me!! :D YAY!

yay for v day!!!! i think spd has to do with severe pain in the hips or pelvis from the pregnancy. i havent ever had it, just heard a little bit about it. can be horrible i hear. not sure what the letters stand for.

Oh okay. Thank you.

I may have had a bit of that with Tobias.

And yeah, I'm pretty stoked about Vday!! :D

SPD is Sympis Pubis Dystocia which is also known as PGP ( pelvic girdle pain ) and its the joints of the pelvis moving in ways they arent supposed to ( well not to the degree they do ) caused by the Relaxin hormone in pregnancy, im getting rubbing in some joints and pulling in others and it makes walking and lifting and twisting and climbing stairs, pushing pushchairs etc... difficult and painful, got to try to keep my knees together all the time , not allowed to cross my legs etc...
thankfully the condition in its mild form goes with birth for me Im expecting it will take a couple of weeks post birth

Eeeyuck!! That sounds terrible!! I don't think I had that then... I'm sorry you're going through that!! I'll be praying that it leaves soon!!

sounds horrible lynn. im glad yours ends shortly after the baby is born. i have heard some horror stories about it going on for months after. and of women who couldnt walk at all. i get some hip and pelvic pain in the end, but i think its from the extra weight being carried around day after day. not nearly as severe as what i have heard with spd. i prayed for you hun :hugs:

thanks for the prayers, its been nice not having to rush this morning and do the walk to school, im still in my PJ's enjoying a nice cuppa tea,
DH told me hes got tomorrow afternoon off so we can take the boys to watch the Christmas lights get turned on downtown which will be nice

My SPD ended shortly before labor :thumbup:

Oh and my little princess says hi, though it sounds more like 'mum feed meeeeee' :haha:

congrats leopard! so great to hear baby is healthy and home :flower:

i found out yesterday i was exposed to fifth disease. i guess it doesnt do much to a healthy person. just a virus that causes cold like symptoms and a rash. but to pregnant women it can have horrible results and even death to the baby. im going in for a blood test today to see if i had already had it as a child and would therefore be immune. if im not immune they wil have me come back for a test to see if i have it now or recently while pregnant. if thats positive they have to see if baby has it and may have to do blood transfusions while he is still in my tummy or he can die. prayers would be greatly appreciated!

prayers are on the way ladies..
congrats leopard on your beautiful baby girl

Leopard!! Congratulations on your Baby Girl!! That is so fantastic! I'm so happy for you!! :happydance:

Blessed: That is so scary! I'm so sorry to hear that! Prayers are coming your way for sure!

Lynn: That sounds like a really nice day! :) I wonder if they do light ceremonies where I live..... Hmmm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->