Any Christians Wanna Chat?

hey guys i need some prayer for my son Caleb, he has just been diagnosed with a speech disorder and we were told it could take years to get him talking and he will be at high risk to struggle in school with grammer and litrature. So glad i homeschool so he wont be "labelled". Anyway all prayers will be much appreciated.

prayed and will keep praying hun! remember moses had a speech problem and God used him for His glory in amazing ways :hugs:

hes in our prayers too hunni,

i had to undergo speech therapy when i was 3-4 years old as i had been born with a hearing difficulty that was healed but it left me mis-hearing and mis-pronoucing words for years. 2 years old is very young for a diagnosis though

hey guys i need some prayer for my son Caleb, he has just been diagnosed with a speech disorder and we were told it could take years to get him talking and he will be at high risk to struggle in school with grammer and litrature. So glad i homeschool so he wont be "labelled". Anyway all prayers will be much appreciated.

prayers!!

Praying for you and Caleb. Having caught it while he's still so young is a big blessing though :hugs:

Have to shout my praise for a FULL WEEK of work for DH :dance::dance::dance: And this pay week they've been long days too - two 11 hour and two 10 1/2 hour days, with work the next two days as well :D Just in time for Christmas I might add. Not that it gives us time to get Christmas presents for DHs family back home as we'd hoped... but maybe there's time to order something online for his nephews at least and MIL can pick up in store and wrap them for us. Now if only he could get more weeks like this one. Or even reliably 2-3 days a week lol.

Have to shout my praise for a FULL WEEK of work for DH :dance::dance::dance: And this pay week they've been long days too - two 11 hour and two 10 1/2 hour days, with work the next two days as well :D Just in time for Christmas I might add. Not that it gives us time to get Christmas presents for DHs family back home as we'd hoped... but maybe there's time to order something online for his nephews at least and MIL can pick up in store and wrap them for us. Now if only he could get more weeks like this one. Or even reliably 2-3 days a week lol.

That is wonderful to hear! We are currently living pay day to pay day since DF's casual work finished off a while ago and he got offered another job (perment, 3k a week before tax) but the stupid boss hasn't got back to him.

Thank you Fides for sharing your story!! :)

3boys, I agree with NDH! Still, prayers are coming your way! I'm sure he will be fine :)

NDH, that is Amazing!! I rejoice with you! Praise God!!

Leopars, I hope his boss gets back to him soon! Waiting can be so hard!

hes in our prayers too hunni,

i had to undergo speech therapy when i was 3-4 years old as i had been born with a hearing difficulty that was healed but it left me mis-hearing and mis-pronoucing words for years. 2 years old is very young for a diagnosis though

he will be 3 in feb, and the reason they diagnosed speech disorder instead of delayed speech is because he has his own language, he consistently uses the same "words" for things that make no sense. e.g. wowme means he wants a drink. or hey means yes etc.. the therapist said if it was delayed speech it would sound more like the correct word eg. dink for drink

tricia hun i dont know much about speech but i have a daughter that they wanted to be put into speech therapy when she was very little. she was in kindergarten or first grade i think. i refused and figured if the good Lord wanted her to speak different then by God she would! im not saying you should take this approach by the way lol. but i do have to say, she is 11 now and speaks just fine. sometimes i think if they dont fit into what the world says is "normal develpment guidelines" they want to hurry up and throw them in somewhere. being a psychologist/sociologist before i was a sahm made me more aware at peoples differences and how we all grow and develop at different times. im glad i never put her in speech therapy now, i think it would have labelled her and she would have had a harder time changing

all glory to God!

all glory to God!

indeed Praise the Lord for his provision

Well said Blessed!! Its really hard sometimes for people to change once they've been labelled... I know this first hand. But Jesus just set me free two weeks ago :haha:

praise the Lord NDH! and you are so close to time to hold that baby!!!!!! i cant wait to hear how it starts :flower:

i realized today that i will be 37 weeks (full term) on feb 26th and my last baby was born at 37 weeks. he will be 1 on feb 21st. thats like 2 months away!!!! i kinda hope this one makes it to march

Hehehe I looked up when I would be full term too, mine is Feb 14th! Eeeee!!

Another 11 1/2 hours today (at least). God is good! Now it would be ideal if baby would make it's appearance soon while DH is off work for two weeks so he can spend lots of time with the baby. :cloud9: Not sure baby will quite be here by Christmas though.

you never know hun after i passed 40 weeks i was convinced i would make it to 40+10 but he arrived only 3 days over

I love that picture!! :cloud9: MAN!! I want my Baby Now!! Urrggg!!

And NDH, That's awesome that he's getting work!! What a blessing!! I hope that he will have time with baby as well!!

I'm concerned about that with my Husband too...He's a full time student, and not done classes until 2 months after she's born. His Instructor says that he can take some time off, cause its kinda a good reason :p But still, I don't want him to take TOO much time off, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->