Any Christians Wanna Chat?

blessedmomma, that was absolutely beautiful and inspiring. thanks so much for sharing that - i know that takes courage, all glory to God. :hugs:

i do need to pray over my baby's formula - my DH has done it a few times, but i really need to start doing that. thanks so much for your witness. :flower:

fides- thanks hun. i think as a christian i have realized that everything i have comes from the Lord. i used to rely on myself, but now i know the truth. our food is provided and made holy by God.

luke 11:3, luke 12:23, john 6:27, romans 14:3, 1 corinthians 10:30

if we fill our infants and children on Gods Word, they will truly be nourished by the body and blood of Jesus.

thank you so much for sharing your story hun, its my daily challenge to remember to pray about things its something i have to write notes and stick them to the kitchen cuboards to remind me to pray as im doing the chores etc..

thanks lynn! me too. sometimes its easier said then done to remember to pray about everything and worry about nothing. this world bombards us with things to blur our purpose and get us off track.

I just have some inspirational verses that I repeat to myself. They're stuck around our house :)

Just as a curiosity, how are everyone's financial situations doing?

I just have some inspirational verses that I repeat to myself. They're stuck around our house :)

funny you should ask! my DH got his paycheck today and it was $600 more than usual. we needed $400 to pay our escrow on our house and was unsure of how it was gonna work out. we were considering skimping on our grocery bill to make it, which is rough for a family of 7. he takes mondays off and got paid for the mondays that they were supposed to get off for holidays. he called me this morning giving so much glory to God!

Oh Wow! Praise Jesus! That is Fantastic!!! :happydance:

Well DH has only worked one day since before Christmas, but because of the big week we still have money in the bank so that alone is a blessing :) And it's been nice having him home with me and Sara. The job he was doing before Christmas should be continuing next week. So things are still looking up, though we do need to replace our washing machine (it died the day we brought Saranna home from hospital, so I've been going to mom's daily to wash her diapers and clothes lol) and we still need to get our car repaired, so praying that his work is steady from now on (even just 2-3 days a week) so that we can get those things taken care of.

we have been ok moneywise surprisingly and today got our benefits through and then the housing benefit comes through on monday and its at the new higher rate with AJ added on to the claim and we have been looking at our current debt repayment and it looks like we will have a bit more disposible income that is " protected " that our creditors cant get their hands on as well as being able to increase the level of a couple of the repayments so everyone is a bit happier.

Financially? Well that would involve getting finances at all :cry: we are dead broke, we nearly got evicted before coming down to the hospital, our electricity is way behind. I feel like we are slipping into a slump, and there is not much we can do when we both need to be here with LO. I just don't know what to feel :nope:

lynn- sounds like things are looking up!:thumbup:

NDH- i hope you can get a new washing machine and your car repaired. glad to hear your DH has some work prospects though:flower:

leopard- im so sorry hun! praying for you and your family. i know things are gonna work out for you. keep your faith and let it overcome how you feel. our feelings arent real, but Gods Word is. He promises to take care of you and provide everything you need. it only takes asking Him for what we need and believing He will provide it to see it in our lives! :hugs:

Financially? Well that would involve getting finances at all :cry: we are dead broke, we nearly got evicted before coming down to the hospital, our electricity is way behind. I feel like we are slipping into a slump, and there is not much we can do when we both need to be here with LO. I just don't know what to feel :nope:

:hugs: Im sure God has it all under control hunni even when it doesnt look like it at the moment I will be praying for you and this need

Finances?? not good.... I'm with leopard, it would be good if we had some :cry:

I am so thankful that our house is paid off, our van is paid off, we have very few bills, we are off grid, so don't pay for electricity, we have wood heat and lots of wood on our 5 acres to cut and burn. We do get $300 a month for our previous house. The owners of our previous house are trying to come up with the remainder of the mortgage, to give us, that would be a God send right now.

But, $300 doesn't go far when you have a few bills and 5 mouths to feed.

That's wonderful news Blessed!

Glad things are looking up NDH!

I'm so sorry for you guys who are having Hard Financial troubles! I will keep you in my prayers!

God always provides! He is so wonderful!

dorian- :hugs: its good you have everything paid off. im praying for your finances. dont lose hope!

:hugs: for those with financial difficulties. Praise God, we're okay right now - things are tighter than usual, but God does provide.

Jacob had his 2 month appt today: he's 11lb and 24.5", so 27th percentile in weight and 91% in height, lol - his BMI is 12.9. doctor thinks he may have reflux, so we're on an Rx for a week, then we go back to see if it helps him be more comfortable/less fussy

i go back to the doctor's next week too - my BP has still been elevated (it was borderline hypertensive during pregnancy and should have gone down by now - OB had me monitored several days in a row last week)... i'm also still on medication for the PPD, and that's working, praise God - i do not have the absolute lows like i was having before i got that checked out.

hope everyone else is doing well, even if money is tight.

thanks for the prayers; you ladies are in mine

Hugs and prayers for everyones' finances. And may we all be good srewards with whatever we do have.

Fides Im happy your PND is better. I have a tall baby too - 97th centile! But ny hubby is 6'4 so she takes after daddy lol.

AJ has just moved up to 3-6 month clothing so it will be interesting at his 8wk checkup to see how tall he is now lol he was 96centile at birth for height

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->