Any Christians Wanna Chat?

so jealous of your sleep blessed lol!

Jacob only has one poopy nappy a day is that enough? he has plenty of wet nappies but i read he should also have 2 dirty ones and im worried.

3boys; bf babies can go up to 10 days safely without a poop :)

thanks leopard! i actually went and got some last friday. my supply has increased a lot. i dont know when to stop it now or if i should just stop taking it or slow down and stop. i dont want my supply to drop suddenly. i think his latch might have been fine all along too. it still hurts when he latches, but a minute later its fine. and he isnt slipping off, but i have to hold it in his mouth the whole time, which i hear is normal while they are little. i honestly think it hurt so much during feeding cuz i wasnt using any lanolin in the hospital and they got all cracked and bled. now that its healed up its completely different. he also had a bit of jaundice that made him lethargic, so he wasnt eating like he should have. i think thats why my supply was kinda low. now that its good he is eating about every 2-3 hours during the day and 4-5 at night. his jaundice looks cleared up and he is more alert with time awake during the day. he wakes about twice a night, but since we co-sleep he really eats and right back to sleep.

tricia- lol. how is jacob doing??? is he up much at night? how is the bf going, i hope things are getting normal with him. :hugs:

thanks leopard it was a le leche league book which said at least 2 a day but i didnt know if that still applied to a 5wk old x x

blessed i wonder if life will ever be "normal" again lol. i definitely found it much easier to adjust when the other babies came home but maybe its cos of exclusively bfing - no-one can take over while i get bits and pieces done etc. Bfing seems to be going ok, i tried other positions that were recommended at a bfing meeting but i must of been doing something wrong cos i ended up a little sore so its back to the original position for me - like u i have to hold myself in his mouth. He sleeps for around 2-3 hours a night but cos of his reflux after feeds its hard to get back to sleep as he is constantly spitting up.

3boys and Blessed do not take your breastfeeding for granted and praise the Lord that you are able to keep going and continue as long as possible! Do not feel jaded because no one else can take over, because if ever it gets to the point where you are no longer the sole feeder it hurts really badly.

Blessed- you must not stop straight away or your supply will drop dramatically. I had to stop my domperidone when I was sick and within 24hrs I went from being able to pump 200mls to barely getting 20mls.

3boys- Your LLL book is stupid, don't listen to it :haha:

oh leopard i am extremely grateful to be able to breastfeed exclusively, with my previous children i never made it past 2 weeks and was terribly upset when i had to stop. Its just hard when Jacob wants to feed all day cos i have 4 other children to deal with and also have to homeschool my older 2 so my days are crazy and i feel like im letting my family down when i cant get the house clean or the laundry done because of all the feeding, does that make sense?

thanks leopard! any idea how long i use it for???

tricia- for me, even with ff the others i was always the only one to feed them and i never propped a bottle, so that part of it is the same for me. im definitely adjusting to feeding so long though. always before i could feed them a bottle in a sling and be doing dishes or laundry at the same time. and after 10-20 minutes or so they would be done eating and i would leave them in the sling sleeping while i cleaned more. i havent tried bf in a sling yet, so im still on my bottom feeding, sometimes for an hour straight lol. i finally put him in his sling to get some things done yesterday during his nap. im also teaching my girls how to load the dishwasher today, so that should help. they already know how to do laundry, thank heaven! DH taught them how to change diapers last week too, yay!:haha: its so nice they are old enough to help out so much:thumbup:

oh leopard i am extremely grateful to be able to breastfeed exclusively, with my previous children i never made it past 2 weeks and was terribly upset when i had to stop. Its just hard when Jacob wants to feed all day cos i have 4 other children to deal with and also have to homeschool my older 2 so my days are crazy and i feel like im letting my family down when i cant get the house clean or the laundry done because of all the feeding, does that make sense?

i know exactly what you are saying! there is so much to be done with a big family. and its easy for a stay at home mom to feel responsible for the children/house by yourself and have feelings of guilt. i have approximately 2-3 loads laundry and 2-3 loads dishes every single day! im sure you have the same or close to it. thats not including all the home schooling, picking up toys 20 times a day, making beds and cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, etc, etc, etc. and still cuddling and encouraging the bigger kids so they dont feel left out with all your attention on the baby. throw in not getting as much sleep, or feeling depressed cuz you havent left the house in weeks, etc. and it can be very hard! i think this is when our time with Jesus is sooo very important! :hugs:

blessed it must be great to have the older girls to help Ryan is great but he is only 7 so there isnt much he can do really.

It's so nice to hear you Ladies checking in!! I enjoy reading about your first weeks with the little ones.

3Boys, this is a great time to just have some very light school work going on. I don't know how old your two you are schooling are, but there is so much you can do with them while holding baby. Even if it's just reading out loud, doing puzzles at the table, watching educational shows/movies, or playing ed. games on the computer. What I love about homeschooling is that it involves all of life, and if you need to take a few weeks off book work, the kids are not going to suffer much. They are learning about their new sibling. And even kids at the age of 3 or 4 can help put away toys, pick up dirty clothes, put clean ones away, etc. I find most the time, kids enjoy helping out.... until they get to the teen years ;) LOL J/K!

dorian/tricia- thats what we did when mason came. they took a week and half off for spring break. and now we are focusing on doing some bible studies, coloring, reading, etc. just some easy going stuff for a minute. i printed some easter pages and bible story pages i found on the internet. they have done a little science, math, and social studies, but mostly when nathon and mason are sleeping. im also giving them credit for the new chores they are learning too though. life skills are just as important i think

Blessed and Tricia I'm praising God that you both are able to successfully breastfeed this time round. It will get easier, and you can definitely breastfeed in a sling. I use a ring sling and ssc. It will get easier as they get older and dont need much help latching.

thanks NDH! how are you and LO??? i have a ring sling and just bought a moby. havent tried the moby yet, he doesnt seem to like sitting upright yet. i put him in the ring sling yesterday and today while he was sleeping. it will be lovely when i can feed him in it, i just havent tried. im still getting use to feeding him on my lap lol. i have been doing the football and cross cradle hold on both sides so im getting better! :flower:

Were doing good thanks :) lots of smiles and laughing and interacting with her toys. Cant believe how big she's gotten!

I only dud football in hospital when dealing with engorgement. But i've mastered laying down feeding at bedtime and during the night :thumbup: makes for a good sleep no matter how many times she needs a feed.

thats what i have been doing at night too. it definitely helps both of us get good sleep :sleep: it took me about a week to week and half to master it though, i think he was too little.

how old were you able to feed her in the sling?

thanks guys, i do have a sling so hopefully when he gets older i can breastfeed with it. We did take a couple of weeks off school but here in ireland you have to be assessed by the board of education when your child turns 6 and Evan just turned 6 in feb so im a little under pressure to make sure he is up to the standard so that we dont have any problems with them. Blessed i definitely think life skills are so important. Its great to start training them from a young age.

I didn't try before 4 weeks as she didnt like being worn and I didn't know how to feed in a sling. She's still not thrilled with being worn except for occasional feeds or walks in the manduca (ssc) which I can feed her in.

ladies- there is someone named divinbeauty who was on here quite a bit. she is in hospital with bacterial meningitis. they have tried several antibiotics on her and nothing is working. her organs are starting to shut down and her body is going into shock. i believe she is on full life support right now. they are trying one more antibiotic on her and if it doesnt work things dont look good. please pray for her. she has a 1 year and 5 year old.

i pray Lord, you show your healing power in her life and heal her completely of this illness, amen!

Blessed- Best to go until you run out, but drop it back a tablet every couple of days; but keep the frequency of feeds up as much as possible; definitely stay on the fenugreek and blessed thistle though.

3boys- Yeah, I totally understand. What about pumping? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->