Any Computer Bods?

How can I find out my current pc's memory etc? x

nope thats just a cd rom

Optical Drive Read Speed: CD-ROM 48x (CD)

1 gb ram for the speed is good, like i said the bigger the ram the faster your system runs, 1gb ram=1000mb

if it had the writer it would have been a bargin lol

Yeah I messaged him and he told me its good for burning cd's so obviously knows I know nothing and wants to mislead me.

I am so stuck now on what to do!

How can I find out my current pc's memory etc? x

click start then settings then control panel,

where it says system, double click and it will show what ram (memory) you have and what speed your processor is

does your computer have a built in modem? what i mean is did you get this one because your computer didnt have one or did it come with a phone package like talk talk etc send out modems

can always download the drivers, the problem is getting them onto your pc if you cant burn them off lol do u have a usb memory stick or anything

blah i typed an answer n my net crashed

message him what type of rewriter is it, if you pick it up can you see it working etc
ask why it isnt listed with a rewriter and just tell him your being cautious is all

No, and I dont understand how I could download it using one if I did hehe I must be so annoying to try and help!

We have a Modem that NTL sent us? That has 3 wires coming out, black blue and white.

My PC- 512MB RAM
2.80GHZ
Pentium 4 CPU?

ok you need a network card and the ntl disk then for the modem drivers,

going off your spec, id just do a clean up and buy a new dvd/cd burner

something like this

https://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=224081

maybe in the future buy some more memory but thats if you want it speeding up.

can go through all the cleaning stuff with you, they sell dvd drives at any pc shop

as for your sound distorting, that could be your speakers, try pluggin earphones in and seeing if it does the same

https://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=DVD+REWRITER

cheaper at argos £29.99 and you just plug it in via usb rather than putting it in the pc itself

Ooh thanks! Yeh cos mine doesnt actually open its kinda stuck!!

Thanks for all your help!

Dont think we ever had a disc spose Il have to ring them and ask and theyd no doubt want silly money!

nah i think the disk is free, they'll just send it out again, just tell em a blag story how somehow its got lost blabla, id go with that dvd/cd rewriter from argos, bargin me thinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->