Any DECEMBER babies out there?!?

Hi ladies, hope you are all ok. I'm feeling sorry for myself today, full of cold and feeling pants :-(
Also I've just made a daft mistake. I've been paranoid as my boobs don't hurt as much today so I've just retested. I've just freaked out as the line is no darker than it was when I tested on Saturday and I had such a dark line when I was pregnant with my daughter.
Then I realised I hadn't even tested once at this point with my daughter as I waited until I was a whole week late, and when I tested Saturday I used first morning pee and today it was late morning and 3 drinks later...
Probably therefore have nothing to worry about but can't shake the uneasy feeling.
As a second timer I forgot just how nerve wracking early first tri is x

hun, I'm sure everything will be fine. A line is a line :thumbup: If you have only just missed your AF try again in another 2-3 days or try testing with a different brand of ERPT :)

Thanks Hun, feeling more positive about things today.
When I had my daughter I didn't test until I was already a week late, hence the much darker line x

Had my first midwife appointment and it was a group talk....bit anticlimatic. I have my one to one in 2 weeks time so will need to sneak out for another hour without them noticing. They also said with my sister being diabetic Ill need extra blood tests at 24 weeks (ish) which will take most of a morning....my boss is going to love all this time off! I dont want to use my annual leave as I want to save it up to tag into front of my maternity leave.

grrrr....... lol.

On the plus side got lots of infomation, got my green notes which apparently is now my bible and I got my bounty pack :) Worth getting it as you receive a free pack of huggies newborn nappies (27 pack).

Nickibrum by law your work have to give you time to go to all maternity appointments including scans, mw, tests and classes! If they give you any hassle I'd go to the union if you are in one. They shouldn't ask you to use annual leave to go to appointments or reschedule them for days off! My work tried to take advantage of me during my last pregnancy untill my mw told me what I'm entitled too. Well that's the law in Scotland don't imagine England wouldbe different. Yourmw should know :thumbup:

Yes it's the same in England they have to give you time off for pregnancy appointments, scans etc
They also can't include pregnancy related sickness absence in sickness management procedures (eg when they start formal proceedings if you're off sick x number of times in a year).
Your employers have to tread very carefully when your pregnant so make sure they don't give you any bother :)

Congrats Clara on the twins! That's fantastic news.

My food aversions seem to be getting worse. The only thing I wanted to eat last night was crusty bread and pancakes. We have a fridge full of vegetables that will go yucky, need to cook them, not pancakes. :p

Hi Girls! My name is Denise. This is my first pregnancy. I've had 2 blood tests and the doctor said my HCG numbers have tripled in 3 days. I have another appt. in 3 weeks, very excited :)
I don't have many food issues yet, but I'm soooo tired all the time, it's ridiculous.

Oh I know they dont really have a leg to stand on lol. Were a small company though so being being off for whole 1/2 days rather than just an hour here and there has got to be annoying. I see it from both sides- its not going to changethe fact I need time off but I dont wanna take the mick either.

:)

I don't blame you not wanting to take the mick. Anyways it's good to keep your employer on your side :)

I'm very cautiously expecting number 1, at least according to the HPT's I've taken today.. no guessing about faint lines so FX.

Got a Docs appointment in an hour and assuming the tests aren't lying to me I should be due around 29th December

OMG redhead we are due on the same day:) I hope your appt goes well:)

Madeline xx

Congrats Clara!!!! Fraternal twins! That is amazing, wonderful news! Xo

Hi,
Do you mind me asking happywtwoboys- I have been prescribed metoclopramide too but haven't started taking it yet. Has it helped the nausea?
Thanks
Jo

Yes it's the same in England they have to give you time off for pregnancy appointments, scans etc
They also can't include pregnancy related sickness absence in sickness management procedures (eg when they start formal proceedings if you're off sick x number of times in a year).
Your employers have to tread very carefully when your pregnant so make sure they don't give you any bother :)

Oh my goodness, I am definitely living in the wrong country. They don't do anything like that in the US, not that I am aware of at least. You either schedule appts during your time off, or you go without pay or have to use your PTO (paid time off). At my job, I'm not allowed to come in late or anything like that so every appt has to be scheduled either very early in the morning (I work in the evenings) or on my one day off a week. It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not, still have to do the work and do it just as well as you did before. We don't get "breaks" for growing a little one. So frustrating!

Also, I'm not allowed to call in with morning sickness no matter how crappy I feel as the boss says it's "self inflicted" and we can work through it. I'm sure my residents will really enjoy watching me puke, if it comes to that!

:hi: to all our new babies!!!!! I will update the list right away!!!

Update on me really quick...

IM HAVING FRATERNAL TWINS!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Amazing news!! Did wonder whether I'd have twins or not as it's in our families....this wait is killing me; we have to wait til 12/13 weeks over here for scans!

Very excited for you! :hugs:

Oh my goodness, I am definitely living in the wrong country. They don't do anything like that in the US, not that I am aware of at least. You either schedule appts during your time off, or you go without pay or have to use your PTO (paid time off). At my job, I'm not allowed to come in late or anything like that so every appt has to be scheduled either very early in the morning (I work in the evenings) or on my one day off a week. It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not, still have to do the work and do it just as well as you did before. We don't get "breaks" for growing a little one. So frustrating!

Also, I'm not allowed to call in with morning sickness no matter how crappy I feel as the boss says it's "self inflicted" and we can work through it. I'm sure my residents will really enjoy watching me puke, if it comes to that!

That's terrible! I didn't realise how lucky I was to live in UK until I just read that. From your mention of residents do you work in a care home? If you do that's very heavy work, they shouldbe looking after you better :hugs: Employers have to look after their employees else they are at risk of workers going on long term sick.

That's terrible! I didn't realise how lucky I was to live in UK until I just read that. From your mention of residents do you work in a care home? If you do that's very heavy work, they shouldbe looking after you better :hugs: Employers have to look after their employees else they are at risk of workers going on long term sick.

Yes, I work in a nursing home and it is very strenuous work for a pregnant woman. I love my residents, but I value my and my baby's health more! There is no such thing as "light duty" at my nursing home either, so I either have to suck it up or quit. Can't really afford to quit, so I guess I just suck it up.

Yes, I work in a nursing home and it is very strenuous work for a pregnant woman. I love my residents, but I value my and my baby's health more! There is no such thing as "light duty" at my nursing home either, so I either have to suck it up or quit. Can't really afford to quit, so I guess I just suck it up.

That is terrible! I know I always moan about how things are in the uk (not with pregnancy, but in general) but your post has made me realise it's not so bad after all.

I hope you'll at least get to put your feet up at home :hugs:

Well, somewhat of a sad update:

The hospital called me this morning asking me to come in for another scan..i knew something was going on. I went in and had the scan and the technician didn't say anything. The dr. came in to talk with me about my beautiful little twins. Baby A has a strong heart beat at 147, but our little Baby B is 13 days behind A and is not considered viable :nope:
They said I will miscarry B within the next few weeks, I may bleed, or I may not. They did REASSURE me that Baby A is perfect and will not be affected by B. I will have another scan in 2 weeks to make sure B has re-absorbed. I have to admit i'm heartbroken :cry:, but extremely grateful at the same time for A.

Apparently B implanted too closely to A.
I'm very frustrated with the technician that told us "Congratulations you're having FRATERNAL TWINS and everything looks perfectly normal!!" Obviously things were not normal and our emotions have been truly played with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->