Any DECEMBER babies out there?!?

Haha, I was so crabby when I came home from work yesterday and my OH recommended I POAS, thought it would cheer me up :haha: it did though!

I actually just had a strange dream that I was pregnant with twins yesterday. They don't run in either of our families though so I doubt that it will happen.

Hahaha I had a real funny dream last night that at 20 weeks my midwife took my baby placenta and all out of my womb. Baby had loads of hair, we combed it. then she put baby back into the placenta and pushed baby back inside me for another 20 weeks (didn't hurt a bit) LOL! Didn't see the gender though hahaha

PHEW! The nurse just rung and said that my HCG is doubling and am now at 270 - may just mean I am a few days behind what my LMP date says due to having a 31 day cycle and not a 28 day cycle. I'm sure I can live with that! As long as me and bubs are good :thumbup:

PHEW! The nurse just rung and said that my HCG is doubling and am now at 270 - may just mean I am a few days behind what my LMP date says due to having a 31 day cycle and not a 28 day cycle. I'm sure I can live with that! As long as me and bubs are good :thumbup:

YAY!!!! What a huge relief :flower:

We told MY parent's today and they were THRILLED!!!

And, we didn't have full cooperation from the troops, but 2 of them were beyond excited to tell their grandparents about the newest addition!!

expecting.jpg

What a cute picture!!

My parents are divorced, and I just went over to my dad's and showed him my cb digi. I am on his insurance and the last time I was pregnant the insurance company sent him a letter and I didn't even tell him I was preggo. I am scared to death to tell my mom and the rest of my family as they aren't going to be very happy. "You aren't married yet you know" but two of my cousins can marry people with children and that's just fine.

Sorry, I guess I didn't realize I needed to rant a bit :wacko:

What a cute picture!!

My parents are divorced, and I just went over to my dad's and showed him my cb digi. I am on his insurance and the last time I was pregnant the insurance company sent him a letter and I didn't even tell him I was preggo. I am scared to death to tell my mom and the rest of my family as they aren't going to be very happy. "You aren't married yet you know" but two of my cousins can marry people with children and that's just fine.

Well if you need to rant this is the place to do it!! I was young when my husband and I got married and our first son was unplanned. In some ways I feel it sticks with me. No matter my age or life situation we will still be "the teenage parents" to many in our family. Even though we both graduated college and I am in graduate school, but as long as we are human, people will make judgements. I hope your mom takes it well and supports your decisions! All of us ladies on here are very excited for you :happydance:

What a cute picture!!

Well if you need to rant this is the place to do it!! I was young when my husband and I got married and our first son was unplanned. In some ways I feel it sticks with me. No matter my age or life situation we will still be "the teenage parents" to many in our family. Even though we both graduated college and I am in graduate school, but as long as we are human, people will make judgements. I hope your mom takes it well and supports your decisions! All of us ladies on here are very excited for you :happydance:

Yes we are! and... I also got married young and had my first child within a month of getting married, everyone says... you got married too young, you have plenty of time to have children you started so young. and although that doesn't sound too bad from your end - it really GRATED on me!!! We are all here to listen to rants, whinges, excitement - thats what I like about this thread - everyone seems so supportive :hugs:

Its my 31st birthday today so I thought Id treat myself and use one of my IC's - its nice confirmation!
is so much darker and came up within seconds, especially as it was after 5pm and ive been drinking water all day!! its the best birthday present I could have wished for ;)

haha i decided to do one today as i last did a test 3 weeks ago. Still pregnant (as if my symptoms werent enough proof) and the line was so much darker and quicker to appear.

I havent heard from the midwife yet so nice to just double check lol

I only have one test left, a digi, which I will be doing later to celebrate being 4 weeks. I probably won't test again til 5 weeks with a poundland cheapie just to nose at the line :rofl: I do wish I had a FRER though so I could see the darkness of the line. :D

How is everyone feeling today?

Im feeling really bad again today. I have to fly tomorrow and get a train with my line manager (who i havent told yet). Going to be an interesting trip if i cant sort out this morning sickness! :(

Have you tried ginger or sickness bands? :hugs:

I dont really believe in the sickness bands. But I havent tried ginger. My mum recommended arrowroots biscuits this morning so I might try and get some gingersnaps and arrowroots biscuits for the journey.

Has anyone told work yet? I was due my annual apprisal towards the beginning of the year and I still havent had it. I was hoping to get this in before I tell them....every little helps. Honestly I dont think its going to happen though.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. For the past couple of months I've been in the process of applying for jobs. Now I've found out I'm pregnant when is it the best idea to inform an employer?

I wouldn't want to feel like I was withholding information at a job interview and yet I don't want them to go with another candidate because I'm likely to only be there a short while. :( I'm really divided.

i thought i had replie to this :) my due date at the moment is the 4th dec :)

I've told my friends at work, but not actually "told work". I'm just waiting to make sure my bean is sticky.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. For the past couple of months I've been in the process of applying for jobs. Now I've found out I'm pregnant when is it the best idea to inform an employer?

I wouldn't want to feel like I was withholding information at a job interview and yet I don't want them to go with another candidate because I'm likely to only be there a short while. :( I'm really divided.

TBH, I don't think I would tell a prospective employer. They may not hire you based on the fact that you can only work for about 7 months then take 2-3 off. They don't have to know that you knew you were pregnant at the interview.

Sam - Its year ff in the UK for mat leave.

Greenfaerie - I wouldn't tell them until you are legally required to, a certain amount of weeks before your EDD. As Sam said most employers will not employ a pregnant person, they will think of some other reason t say no.

Urgh I am so tired today

Hold on, did you just say you get a YEAR for maternity leave over there?!

Greenfaerie- Like the other ladies said, I would not tell a prospective employer until after you have been hired and worked there for several weeks. Many women do not find out that they are pregnant until well into the second month anyways, so telling them that you were unaware is definitely plausible. Try not to stress yourself out about the situation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->