Any girls on the pill/mini-pill?

~curiosity~

Mama of 2, WTT #3
Reaction score
Just wondering, I'm on the mini-pill and wanted to know if anyone else gets paranoid all the time tht they are having pregnancy symptoms?
I think I analyse things way too much but as it messes up ur cycle and stuff it leaves me confused... especially when unusual things happen after having been on it for a long time (I'm on my 7th month). :dohh:
I always end up doing tests and feeling stupid when its negative lol!

Yep. I am on the combined and I know exactly what you mean !!!

Lol despite doing a test last month that was negative I still haven't stopped wondering... I have bled but it wasn't like usual so now I'm just obsessively symptom counting! I feel so sad! Glad its not just me tho :)

i wasnt, but i seem test alot more now, down to fact i got pregnant on pill. i keep thinkin implant going fail on me now test every 6-8 weeks, i dont want find out im pregnant half way through again lol

I'm on the pill. My Dr lets me take as many months as I want w/o AF (at least once a year). I never make it past a couple of months though, I think I mentally convince myself that I have a list of symptoms and eventually I use the week of placebos and then I find that I am not. :blush:

Um, am I a bit behind because I don't know what the mini-pill is...?

The mini-pill works on the same principle as the normal pill but instead of containing oestrogen and progesterone it only contains progesterone. (Some people like me can't take the full pill because of medical conditions -I used to get migraines). Its not quite as effective as the full pill but still about 98% if taken correctly. But unfortunately (and this is why I worry) it messes up your cycle as you take it right the way through with no breaks so sometimes u miss a period or have extra bleeding :/ hope this helped you!

i was on the pill and i used to test regularly just because i fell preg with my son on it and i am paranoid so dont worry i think its in most of us just some of us act on it more offen than others:hug:

I was on mini-pill and it stopped my periods... I was paranoid, I've come off it and I'm still paranoid!!! Lol! A lot less though. Now I don't have to worry as much about "What if I am pregnant, will the pill be hurting him/her??!! Eeeeeeeeh!!!"

xxx

The mini-pill works on the same principle as the normal pill but instead of containing oestrogen and progesterone it only contains progesterone. (Some people like me can't take the full pill because of medical conditions -I used to get migraines). Its not quite as effective as the full pill but still about 98% if taken correctly. But unfortunately (and this is why I worry) it messes up your cycle as you take it right the way through with no breaks so sometimes u miss a period or have extra bleeding :/ hope this helped you!

Thanks for letting me know. I might have to go on it because the brands of The Pill I've tried so far make me sick, but I didn't know what it was. :blush:

I'm on the mini-pill and I feel like i am constantly questioning if it is working. This last week I have had abdominal twinges and back ache so I did a test today which was negative. I've done more tests since i've been on it than i ever did before-seems a little pointless really!!

Heehee me too! Seems pointless doesn't it, I mean it probably works very well but theres so many opportunities for it to go wrong! I'm gonna hav to test again soon to put my mind at rest again. Its making me crazy wondering lol :muaha:

And I always seem depressed when its negative, which is even more insane as I'm not ttc, and am not ready for a baby yet!

hehehe
as someone who has been on the pill for, lets see now...16 years now? wow. I did get pregnant on the pill at one point. I now only test if something goes really awry in my cycle that seems like the time I got pregnant. But when I was on the Nuvaring, I had such severe "pregnancy" symptoms all the time that I was forever testing! Now I just started the pill again, hopefully this madness will regulate, because I'm too poor to be testing this much!:rofl::blush:

And I always seem depressed when its negative, which is even more insane as I'm not ttc, and am not ready for a baby yet!

I know-that is just like me. I was really disappoitned yesterday but my OH had absolutly no idea why. we're nowhere near even ready to try-just my secret wish i think.

With the pill I take I only get my period every 3 months, so I tend to get paranoid every now and then and wonder if I am pregnant. Back in July I was convinced that I was because I was extremely emotional, had sore breasts for several weeks, and a few other things that I don't remember right now.

Heehee its nice to know I'm not the only one... if only there was a totally flawless contraceptive eh? Lol xxx Just a waiting game now unfortunately...

I had every symptom in the book last cycle (even the sick part! ugghhh that's stil around..and the fatigue) and it's REEAAALLY annoying. We were willing ot put money on pregnancy last cycle....stupid pill...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->