• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any October babies to be?

Hi Everyone,
I've been off-line for awhile due to the intense nausea and tiredness. For some reason looking at a computer screen makes me a bit nauseous.

I've managed to put off my first scan until 13 weeks preg - so I have it on 30th March.

I don't need a scan to tell me that I am very pregnant. yes, I too am sick of midwives saying how the sickness is a good sign, but at the same time, I am happy to be in the middle of my 10th week and still feeling very preggo.

How is everyone's digestive system? I used to be such a healthy eater but since being pregnant and nauseous, I haven't been able to tolerate fish AT ALL, nor many veggies. Avocado and cheese sandwiches seem to work for me a bit.

Curious as to which foods women are able to able to tolerate and which make you totally gag. I'd love to hear people's lists!

Hi Everyone,
I've been off-line for awhile due to the intense nausea and tiredness. For some reason looking at a computer screen makes me a bit nauseous.

I've managed to put off my first scan until 13 weeks preg - so I have it on 30th March.

I don't need a scan to tell me that I am very pregnant. yes, I too am sick of midwives saying how the sickness is a good sign, but at the same time, I am happy to be in the middle of my 10th week and still feeling very preggo.

How is everyone's digestive system? I used to be such a healthy eater but since being pregnant and nauseous, I haven't been able to tolerate fish AT ALL, nor many veggies. Avocado and cheese sandwiches seem to work for me a bit.

Curious as to which foods women are able to able to tolerate and which make you totally gag. I'd love to hear people's lists!

I hear you on the food aversions!! My digestive system is touch and go. I have had two bouts of diarrhea and then if I smell cooking food I become so nauseous to the point where my stomach literally feels so ripped up I cannot eat at all.

I developed adversions to chunky potatoes, tomatoes, raw vegetables, salad and onions. I am loving cheese right now and pasta! I can still eat meat but simple. Anything too fancy is a no-no. I did enjoy Chipotle over the weekend though. Rice, black beans, chicken, cheese and guacamole. Yum!!

Very sweet things, which I used to love prior, has turned me off. Cookies, cakes, ice cream ,etc I am not interested in. I seem to be wanting carbs! I have been helping my nausea with Cheez-It's and Wheat Thins. Ginger Ale helps too! :)

Hi ladies, i'm still here but like some of you have had a tougher time these last two weeks with extreme tiredness and nausea. The nausea seems to be easing a little from all day to 3pm onwards. I'm usually asleep by 9 though :wacko:

Food wise, I too crave carbs and strong sharp flavours like real lemonade, Sprite 7up, salt and vinegar crisps, rice cakes. I haven't touched chocolate, the smell makes me :sick: or most sweet things.

I am due Oct 18th, had a scan Tuesday and saw and heard both babies. Next one is at the usual 12 weeks.

So far today i've managed not to be sick traskey - though I feel very nauseous
Am also even tireder than usual - I wanted to go to bed at 6.30 but managed to hold out for an hour!

am all tucked up in my PJs now - jusy having a final BnB sweep then it's lights out

Urchin, i'm resisting the urge to be sick but do have the constant nausea. Last night i wanted to go to bed at 6:30 but managed to hold on for a bit. Slightly more awake tonight, which is a first! Have been know to nod off at 5-7 though :rofl:

Apples have been doing it for me lately! I can't get enough! I eat 2 or 3 a day, and have to restrain myself not to have more!

I had a bit of a scare on Tuesday night. I had a big bleed. I have a history of hematomas during pregnancy, and lost one 2 years ago today due to it being dislodged by the bleed. So I was really freaking out! We went in for a scan, and baby is measuring spot on and hb was 154! PHHEW!!!! I'm not all clear as this is a pretty big one, but it is closer to the cervix and so it is a little better.

That must be so worrying Jaymes - what is their advice?

Me, I'm up again at ungodly o'clock, just waiting for the water to heat up so I can hopefully have a relaxing bath and go back to bed again

I'm on pelvic rest and I am supposed to be resting. That is so hard right now though!

NO sex (or orgasms.) No lifting over 15 lbs. No doing anything that puts pressure on the pelvis. Nothing to jolt that area at all. No long walks or long time on your feet, no exercise.
My DH has added to this list no yelling. My last bleed started when I yelled suddenly...

No, not fun at all, but since it's near the cevix and not above the baby, it is better. I'm trying to take it easy... but even right now I've got people trying to get me to do stuff for them.

Jaymes, sorry about the scary bleed. Tell everyone to leave you alone for a bit. You need to be resting. They can do it themselves :hugs:

yes, they MUST do whatever it is themselves, or find someone else - you have something much too precious to risk xx

hi all, I'm 39 but will but 40 come EDD (17th Oct). First time for me, always been into my career until I got swept off my feet by my DH. Married nearly 2 years, conceived naturally for which I feel very privileged/slightly guilty given I know what some people go through to get here. Never really been that bothered about children, I knew I'd have them if I met the right person, but wasn't too bothered if I didn't.

I'm 9 weeks today, I've known since week 5 (had an early scan at week 6 and saw the heartbeat). Its been an absolutely emotional roller coaster - I veer between ridiculously happy and completely terrified on an hourly basis! The last two weeks have been pretty horrible, ms, fatigue and backache have all visited me. Hoping it'll get better soon!

Hi Jolann! :wave:

We haven't told the other kids yet, we had told them the day before we lost Jesse, and it devastated them. So we don't want to tell them yet as its still so high risk, but it is so hard to tell them I can't help them with things right now.

Welcome Jolann - it's scary in these early days isn't it? I'm counting down the weeks til my 12 wk scan

:hi: Jolann

I am 40 already so congratulations on your natural pregnancy. The ms and tiredness are tough and I already have a lot of pain between my legs :wacko: Hope they ease off for you soon.

:hi: to everyone else, Happy Mother's Day to all that celebrate today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->