• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other irregular gals out there?? Let's stick together! (TTC#1 FORUM))

Pjmm- hello and welcome! I am in the drink until its pink club. I mean, I won't binge or anything but if I want to have a beer I am going to. There is no evidence to suggest that light alcohol consumption very early in a pregnancy will cause birth defects.

Inkedlady88 I am SO SORRY that this first round of Clomid was not successful for you. Looks like you do have a short LP and progesterone can definitely help with that. Stay hopeful girl!

Ursala- Let us know what FF says about your O date. OPKs don't always work for women with PCOS. Looks like they work with me when I'm on Clomid but when I wasn't on clomid i had a ton of positives that did not lead to O. Keep temping and charting!

Sorry to butt in! Mind if I join? I am on CD54 and just started progesterone cream. Hoping that will bring on AF. I have lost 44 lbs (still quite a bit to go) but ever since my cycles have been wonky. I will be regular for a few months and then I get this wonky cycle. We recently decided we are going to TTC. I am working on my weight and will hopefully (AF willing) TTC. I am 37 so I need to work on it now. I bought OPKs and Pre-Seed that I hope to use when the witch rears her ugly head!

Had some absolutely horrible cramps last night and today. Feels like Freddie Kruger took up residence in my uterus. Slept with the heating pad on full blast and took some midol. Heard back from my nurse at the clinic, my RE upped my Clomid to 100mg per day for days 5-9 this cycle and I get to also push-pop progesterone capsules up my hoohah 3 days after O to extend my LP. Praying this works! Gotta order some more softcups as my Walmart quit carrying them and I'm debating on stocking up on some digital OPK's too... I have my Easy @ Home Amazon cheapies, but I wonder if I should spring for the expensive CB digital OPK's....

Inkedlady88- Looks like we are in the same boat. Yesterday my temps dropped below my coverline and I started spotting. Could this be the notorious implantation dip/bleed?!?!?!?! This morning my temps rose a little above my coverline but not much. The spotting is getting a little heavier and I have that achy feeling I get in my lady parts right before I start AF. Ugh. Its good to know that 50mg of Clomid works for me, I am a little concerned that my LP may be a little short. I have come to terms with being out this cycle and will hope for the best this next round. Since I'm not preggers I think I may get another tattoo in a couple of weeks to cheer myself up.

2ducks-

Sorry to hear this isn't your month! But at least clomid works! I'm glad you brought up the word tattoo, lol. I have been considering getting one but I didn't know if that would be a bad thing while TTC. I know you can't donate blood for 6 months after getting a tattoo. So is it safe while TTC?

Update! No positive opks so I've stopped doing them. Ff has be at 8dpo today. Planning to start testing Monday at 10dpo! :)

Irregularity is incredibly frustrating.

I went of BCP last summer and was regular until this March. In March I missed my period. Of course I thought (baby!!!) but after 3 negative HPTs, I went to the Dr. They said "thats not unusual. Come back when you miss 3 cycles". Three cycles is a lifetime when you are TTC (as you know). Had a cycle in April and then missed AGAIN in May.

Now we are doing testing (started with an ultrasound this past Thursday) and possibly blood work (will find out this coming Wednesday).

I've been tracking on an Ovia Fertility App for a year but now nothing is normal. I use the fertility strips but I go from being low fertility to "peak" the next day!

It's so hard to actually know when or if I am ovulating.

I am a little confused about the basal temperature tracking. That's the one thing I have not done because I am not sure how to do it.

This whole process is so hard in general and now being irregular is making it so much harder. I feel so lost!

Update! No positive opks so I've stopped doing them. Ff has be at 8dpo today. Planning to start testing Monday at 10dpo! :)

Good luck! If OPKs don't work for you, do some research for the saliva microscope. It tests increases in estrogen leading to O.

Thanks for the info on saliva microscope, I'm definitely looking into it if I get af. I've been testing but still waiting. Af isn't "suppose" to come until Saturday.

Manda1292 I highly suggest reading taking charge of your fertility. It discusses temping and other fertile signs in detail. It is a really easy read.

So I'm on cd 16, had what looked like the beginnings of an LH surge around cd 12-13, but never got a positive and it has since faded drastically. I've been using my IC's and I bought Target's digi OPK's. Wondering if this 100mg Clomid cycle is going to be a bust too.:nope: Might ring the clinic and ask if I should wait until after cd20 to start my progesterone pills or if I should start them now.... This is so frustrating. Poor hubby already has had to deal with a Clomid induced meltdown of epic proportions. I was sobbing so hard I couldn't form words and could hardly breathe...:nope:

So I'm on cd 16, had what looked like the beginnings of an LH surge around cd 12-13, but never got a positive and it has since faded drastically. I've been using my IC's and I bought Target's digi OPK's. Wondering if this 100mg Clomid cycle is going to be a bust too.:nope: Might ring the clinic and ask if I should wait until after cd20 to start my progesterone pills or if I should start them now.... This is so frustrating. Poor hubby already has had to deal with a Clomid induced meltdown of epic proportions. I was sobbing so hard I couldn't form words and could hardly breathe...:nope:

I hope this cycle works for you!!!! I forget, did you not ovulate on 50mg??? For me, my lh levels waver my whole cycle. I will get an almost positive at one point in the day and think "yay, I'm about to surge" and then later the same day it is really faint. I didn't get my actual positive (two difference ICs and CBD confirmed) until the day before O last cycle. I also did not ovulate until CD 19 my last cycle of Clomid. If you google "late ovulation on clomid" tons of stories will come up on various forums about women who ovulated later on Clomid. Don't give up hope yet!!!!

Inkedlady88-
Don't lose hope yet! It could still happen!

As for me, cycle day 45 with no AF and no ovulation and definitely no bfp. I want to call my ob/gyn to make AF come but is 45 days too soon? Hard to do 3 and 21 day testing when there is no AF visiting.... What do you ladies think? To call the ob/gyn or not to call?

I hope this cycle works for you!!!! I forget, did you not ovulate on 50mg??? For me, my lh levels waver my whole cycle. I will get an almost positive at one point in the day and think "yay, I'm about to surge" and then later the same day it is really faint. I didn't get my actual positive (two difference ICs and CBD confirmed) until the day before O last cycle. I also did not ovulate until CD 19 my last cycle of Clomid. If you google "late ovulation on clomid" tons of stories will come up on various forums about women who ovulated later on Clomid. Don't give up hope yet!!!!

I did O on 50mg, but it wasn't until cd 19/20 but my lp ended up being way too short. In the past, before I was prescribed Clomid I would also O late anyway. I guess I was just hoping it would bring O on sooner/stronger than what happens when I'm not on anything. Still bd-ing every other day, taking my grapefruit juice, and peeing on sticks until I know for sure whether this cycle was a bust or not. I guess it's kind of bothering me that they aren't monitoring me this cycle, we're just kind of winging it. :shrug::coffee:

Good luck inked lady!

MePride: I'm in a similar situation...I'm cd33 and nothing. I find out my blood test results tomorrow and if I'm not pregnant I will be starting provera...again. So, I'd say cd45 is long enough! GL.

Inkedlady88-
Don't lose hope yet! It could still happen!

As for me, cycle day 45 with no AF and no ovulation and definitely no bfp. I want to call my ob/gyn to make AF come but is 45 days too soon? Hard to do 3 and 21 day testing when there is no AF visiting.... What do you ladies think? To call the ob/gyn or not to call?

From my knowledge typically docs will wait 90 days until giving a progesterone challenge. i am impatient so if I were in your shoes i would try to call. Did you ovulate this cycle?

I did O on 50mg, but it wasn't until cd 19/20 but my lp ended up being way too short. In the past, before I was prescribed Clomid I would also O late anyway. I guess I was just hoping it would bring O on sooner/stronger than what happens when I'm not on anything. Still bd-ing every other day, taking my grapefruit juice, and peeing on sticks until I know for sure whether this cycle was a bust or not. I guess it's kind of bothering me that they aren't monitoring me this cycle, we're just kind of winging it. :shrug::coffee:

How short was your LP? From my research, if you ovulate on a lower dose of clomid, raising the dosage will not make a difference. Is there a way to naturally extend your LP like taking vitamin B6 and/or acupuncture? What about using a natural progesterone cream to help extend your LP? I wonder if there is another creative away around this situation besides increasing Clomid.

So frustrated right now. My last cycle was 116 days. Finally had af on May 14th. Thought great let's start again. Went to see fertility doc on Monday and got rx for Letrazole. Plan to go next Tuesday for ultrasound and bloods to see if I need Provera. Then this morning (supposed to be cd27) now af shows is with a vengeance. Worried about things being so irregular. One 116 day and 26 day cycle. So confused!

2ducks: My lp was only 8 or 9 days last cycle. Typically it's been 10-12 depending on when I O though.

In other news, my IC opk is a blazing positive today! I tested at 4:15am but didn't get a chance to check it right away as we were running out the door (literally) to go for a morning run. I'm going to hold for a few hours and test again with my digi to confirm, but if it is indeed positive, hopefully this means we'll end up with an anniversary baby! Tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary, so a sticky bean would be the ultimate present at this point.:happydance:

Looks like I'll be starting the progesterone in four days! Hoping I don't end up with the horrible leg cramps that I had 3 years ago when I was put on it to jump start my cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->