• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Hi Ladies,
I wonder if I can join you? I am pregnant with my first baby at the age of 40!! and I am also a big girl! - size UK 18. I am almost 12 weeks and I have my first scan next wednesday - Im excited but also nervous in case everything isn't ok and also in case my tunny is too big for the scan :(
I saw the midwife ince a few weeks ago and have to say she was lovely and didn't really say much about my weight, but I am dreading seeing her again because I know Ive put weight on....I feel like crying!! I have been eating so healthily, I don't understand it. I am craving fruit and eat 5-6 portions of it every day, I cannot bear the though of cholcolate or sweets so Ive been avoiding all that stuff. I feel really down to be honest. I found this thread and really hope you don't mind another one joining, although I think I may be a bit behind most of you, but just having a quick peep through and seeing all your lovely baby bumps has cheered me up a bit, so thank you already!

:hugs:
Welcome!

Don't feel down on the weight gain. Your midwife will let you know the appropriate amount to gain, and just try to stick to it as much as possible.

As for the ultrasounds, I have a lot of belly fat and they've never said anything to me about it, and have been able to see the baby just fine (when she's cooperating!). I think media really scares us plus size ladies about pregnancy, I know I was worried before I got pregnant, but I've had nothing but good experiences. Just keep healthy, and congrats!

thank you so much ladies :) I do feel better after that!

Hi Ladies,
I wonder if I can join you? I am pregnant with my first baby at the age of 40!! and I am also a big girl! - size UK 18. I am almost 12 weeks and I have my first scan next wednesday - Im excited but also nervous in case everything isn't ok and also in case my tunny is too big for the scan :(
I saw the midwife ince a few weeks ago and have to say she was lovely and didn't really say much about my weight, but I am dreading seeing her again because I know Ive put weight on....I feel like crying!! I have been eating so healthily, I don't understand it. I am craving fruit and eat 5-6 portions of it every day, I cannot bear the though of cholcolate or sweets so Ive been avoiding all that stuff. I feel really down to be honest. I found this thread and really hope you don't mind another one joining, although I think I may be a bit behind most of you, but just having a quick peep through and seeing all your lovely baby bumps has cheered me up a bit, so thank you already!

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

Dont worry about the scan, if i got a clear picture through my tractor tyre then they will get through anything!

Also, you have a person inside you, you are going to get heavier. lol. xx

Just wanted to share the 3D scan photos of my little girl taken at 27 +1. It was hard for the tech to get a good view of her because she was using the placenta for a pillow, but here are the best shots:

https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_BABY_14.jpg https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_BABY_12.jpg https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_BABY_10.jpg https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh539/acthompson1/th_BABY_4.jpg

Lovely 3d scan!

I never anticipated how hard this beginning stage would be with the just getting fatter look...

Hi!

I was a size 22/24 UK before pregnancy have PCOS fell pregnant on no medication apart OCD meds which also caused trouble with weight lol.

I have had hyperemesis and lost two stone through pregnancy, how??? I couldn't before baby!!

Also don't worry bout the tummy for scans I have had no problems seeing my baby, I had a private gender scan at 16 weeks and saw my little boy and in 4d picture was brill!

Will try and add a pic of my bump a few days ago and the gender scan xx

Attachments

• 561270_259306810827912_100002457856937_579279_1483060587_n.jpg
    561270_259306810827912_100002457856937_579279_1483060587_n.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 536679_270699993021927_100002457856937_48936251_90098349_n.jpg
    536679_270699993021927_100002457856937_48936251_90098349_n.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
While we are comparing bumps here is my almost 27 week one!

https://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/sthorp1179/121577886_photobucket_27407_.jpg

I generally have no problems with clear pictures on scans although my scan report for 20 weeks makes a comment about excess body fat meaning poor image my avatar is a 17 week private gender scan and the pics are really clear.

I was size 22 before pregnancy, bmi 41, ive been flagged as high risk, makes me sad a little but tbh im happy ,was a bit painful ay 12 week scan too, sonographer pressed down really hard, had a tear in my eye, didnt say nowt tho, hoping nxt scan will be better, will post a bump pic soon :) x

Ladies I am loving your beautiful bumps! thank you for sharing - you all look beautiful! xx

Lovely bumps, ladies!

NannyW - she is just beautiful!

Purple - I weighed about 470 at my 9 week ultrasound, and they spotted our girl from the outside and the inside both! I was shocked they saw her externally, tbh! :) :) I think it falls to what kind of machine they have. The two at my OB were a bit fuzzy looking after that, but to be fair she was squirming constantly! They almost couldn't get her heartbeat b/c she wouldn't stay still! lol The 5th ultrasound was at the high risk place, and was a high resolution - we saw her plain as day! She still wiggled a lot, and kept covering her face, but we finally got to see it (my profil pic). :) :) I have another one on Tuesday, and I just can't wait!

Anyway, my point being that it doesn't come down to your belly fat thickness at all. It is all about the machine and the resolution. :) And I have to say even in the 'fuzzy' ones (from her movement) we saw her just fine. GL and have fun!

Well, it's well and truly begun: I'm getting whale-like. Here is my 20 week (in the black shirt, don't mind the dog fur stuck to me) and the one in yellow is me today, at 24 weeks. I'm thrilled and horrified, simultaneously. :D/:(

Attachments

• 20 weeks.JPG
    20 weeks.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 24 weeks.jpg
    24 weeks.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 18
https://i42.tinypic.com/jsbn83.jpg

Ok I have braved the pic, pre preg US size 18 270lbs
Now not sure size but 264

Court frog, that is a class bump!! Really no disguing u r pregnant even from 14 weeks. U def don't look like size and weight u said ore pregnancy. I think we are due the same day!!!

Court frog, that is a class bump!! Really no disguing u r pregnant even from 14 weeks. U def don't look like size and weight u said ore pregnancy. I think we are due the same day!!!

Thank you! I have been told that before, i was very athletic while younger, i am also 5'9" so a little taller for a girl. but def a chubby chub lol...

how fun, to be due the same day! I am so excited for this little guy to get here!

Me too, although I haven't a clue what I am having yet, hoping they will tell me at the next scan. It is starting to fly in now!

Aww! rosered and courtfrog, what pretty roundy bumps those are! :) So pretty! My weight loss (50 pounds now, yay!) has made my bump stay in about the same area, though it did suddenly get rounder yesterday. I've got to get some batts charged and take another picture! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->