• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I got a doppler and was able to find the heartbeat at 15 weeks!

Got my 20 week scan in a few weeks and sort of dreading it. Had a scan at 16 weeks and the doc was pushing down so hard to get a pic of the baby. I didnt like to ask was it to get through all my tummy fat but it really hurt. He even tried to move it when he was pressing so hard. He must have seen my face cause he apologised for hurting me. I am worried because the 20 week scan is much more detailed they are going to be pressing mega hard to see all the organs. Did anyone else experience this?

I'm a size 18/20 and heard babys heartbeat with a angelsounds doppler from 15 weeks:)

I've got a hibebe Doppler and found HB at 13 weeks :)

Yeah I had the pushing down at scans but don't worry at your 20 week one your baby is much bigger so they don't need to use as much pressure :)

Don't worry, my midwife heard baby's heart beating today at my midwife appointment and im a uk 20 :flower:

Got my 20 week scan in a few weeks and sort of dreading it. Had a scan at 16 weeks and the doc was pushing down so hard to get a pic of the baby. I didnt like to ask was it to get through all my tummy fat but it really hurt. He even tried to move it when he was pressing so hard. He must have seen my face cause he apologised for hurting me. I am worried because the 20 week scan is much more detailed they are going to be pressing mega hard to see all the organs. Did anyone else experience this?

Yes my 12 week scan really hurt, but my 20 week one was fine. She didn't have to push at all.

Ladies i have a question.

Have any of you bought dopplers? im thinking of getting one but im not sure if it will work well with having a rather large belly!

:mamafy:

I have a doppler and first heard the babies HBs at 10w2d :D

I can try and put one up what worries me is I only have a B bump that looks no different to before I got preg so I don't understand why I'm not showing :(

Hi i didnt get a bump till around 32 weeks upto then i still looked my normal self lol.
Same size as you pre pregnancy without any weight gain while pregnant.
I got gestational diabetes so was induced at 38 weeks and had an 8lb 3 baby lol the consultants thought she would be a 10lder and was very worried as am only 5 ft 2.

It will be better to keep observed yourself. Regular checkup regular visit and it so necessary to keep update yourself. Follow a healthy diet plan it will help to keep away from complication during and after pregnancy.

God Bless and Take care

Don't worry its just a way of observing. I will not be harmful . . . .

Don't worry its just a way of observing. I will not be harmful . . . .

?? I guess I am not understanding what you mean by this...

(That could easily be pregnancy brain, though!)

Emmi, I just got a stethoscope and I easily found the heartbeat last week through all my belly fat. If that worked, I'm sure a doppler would work for you.

I'm sorry you ladies had bad ultrasound experiences. I'm pretty big in the stomach but it never HURT when they pushed down. I wonder if it might also be how old their equipment is. I went to a private scan and the pictures came out so much clearer than at my doctor's office and I think it's because they have a much newer and nicer machine. I know having extra belly fat doesn't help them see the baby clearly, but I'm sure having an older machine just adds to the problem!

NannyWhitney I'm excited to see that you first felt movement at 15+2!! I hope I can feel soon. I thought I felt something a while back but was early and not anything since, so not sure

Mrs. B, I only had little flutters at 15 weeks. And it was only if I was laying down and really concentrating. By 18 weeks I felt her kick at least once a day. Now she's moving non-stop! Even the ultrasound tech was amazed by how much she was moving at my last appointment.

DH only last week felt her kick from the outside, as she's got a lot of fat to kick through! :haha:

It'll happen for you soon, I promise, and then LO will be driving you crazy with all the movement!

Hehe, just another stage to get excited about :)

Hi Ladies,
I wonder if I can join you? I am pregnant with my first baby at the age of 40!! and I am also a big girl! - size UK 18. I am almost 12 weeks and I have my first scan next wednesday - Im excited but also nervous in case everything isn't ok and also in case my tunny is too big for the scan :(
I saw the midwife ince a few weeks ago and have to say she was lovely and didn't really say much about my weight, but I am dreading seeing her again because I know Ive put weight on....I feel like crying!! I have been eating so healthily, I don't understand it. I am craving fruit and eat 5-6 portions of it every day, I cannot bear the though of cholcolate or sweets so Ive been avoiding all that stuff. I feel really down to be honest. I found this thread and really hope you don't mind another one joining, although I think I may be a bit behind most of you, but just having a quick peep through and seeing all your lovely baby bumps has cheered me up a bit, so thank you already!

:hugs:

Hi Ladies,
I wonder if I can join you? I am pregnant with my first baby at the age of 40!! and I am also a big girl! - size UK 18. I am almost 12 weeks and I have my first scan next wednesday - Im excited but also nervous in case everything isn't ok and also in case my tunny is too big for the scan :(
I saw the midwife ince a few weeks ago and have to say she was lovely and didn't really say much about my weight, but I am dreading seeing her again because I know Ive put weight on....I feel like crying!! I have been eating so healthily, I don't understand it. I am craving fruit and eat 5-6 portions of it every day, I cannot bear the though of cholcolate or sweets so Ive been avoiding all that stuff. I feel really down to be honest. I found this thread and really hope you don't mind another one joining, although I think I may be a bit behind most of you, but just having a quick peep through and seeing all your lovely baby bumps has cheered me up a bit, so thank you already!

:hugs:

Hiya welcome!

Don't worry you are supposed to put weight on!! Even at this early stage you can be much more bloated than normal so feel like you've put a ton on!!

Also don't worry about the scan, these things are made to take visuals from inside and I am much bigger than you and they've never had any problem finding mine, scanning machines are a million times better than they used to be now :)

I had an emergency scan at 8 weeks and was convinced that they would have to do in internal scan but they didn't , they found him fine and it was very clear!

Drink loads of water before you go in!

Thank you sooo much for the reassurrance!
I will drink plenty! I have a fear that the technician will say omg - Ill never see anything through that flab! :(
I am so happy to have found this thread although after I posted I realised that It's i second tri and Im not quite there yet, so I hope it's ok if I hang around??

LOL of course it is! I'm nearly in 3rd and I'm going nowhere!!

They wont say that I promise! They will push down a little harder than normal but it's not sore, just uncomfy but that is more because you will be bursting for a pee!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->