• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Lovely bump pics! I'm starting to look a bit more pregnant according to my husband although my trousers still fit, and I'm actually a few pounds lighter than at the start of my pregnancy. Flying to Lanzarote on Wednesday though and hoping I won't need to ask for an extension belt!

i had a BMI of 33 i think it was with my daughter and i'm now BMI 34 with #2. i'm 5'2(ish) and am a size 16-18. i've had no problems with either pregnancies up to now and had no problems in conceiving so we've been lucky :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/13.jpg
this pregnancy

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/395.jpg
last pregnancy

My 20 week scan was unclear , my notes say 'restricted by increased BMI' bahhh :(

but have to go back in 2 weeks to try again

My 20 week scan was unclear , my notes say 'restricted by increased BMI' bahhh :(

Urgh! I've got a feeling the same thing will happen to me next Monday, I'm bigger than you hun. I'll be 20+6 so fingers crossed she co-operates but my 12 week NHS scan was pretty appalling and the tech couldn't get the NT measurements so not holding out much hope for this one :(

Urgh! I've got a feeling the same thing will happen to me next Monday, I'm bigger than you hun. I'll be 20+6 so fingers crossed she co-operates but my 12 week NHS scan was pretty appalling and the tech couldn't get the NT measurements so not holding out much hope for this one :(

Its so disappointing! I also have anterier placenta which restricts view! Just my luck really! She did make me lie on my side so belly fell down to try get a better look.

I've seen much bigger people than me have better results! :dohh: See if same thing happens in a couple of weeks!

how big are you Mrs.B if you don't mind me asking?

Pre pregnancy I was a 22 on bottom and 18/20 on top (not big boobed). I havent really but weight on anywhere other than my belly so far in the pregnancy.

My avatar was me at 19+2. this was me at 5+6 for comparison, i had already bloated out on my belly, due to what i thought was the clomid, but may have been preg bloat. but this wasnt far off my normal size, just a little more bloated

Attachments

• 5+6.jpg
    5+6.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 23
you really don't look like a 22 on the bottom hun. all my excess now sits in my 'overhang' which was created after having my c-section :(

i've told myself that enough is enough after this pregnancy though. i'm getting my finger out and do a kick start exercising routine. i've been saying this for ages but i really want to do it you know?

I'm 5ft 10 ish so its deceaving in pics I think

I too will be hitting the work outs once baby is out, I am more than fed up being big. If I hadn't fallen pregnant when I did they were going to put me on metformin and I was so excited to finally be able to lose some weight!

there is a girl on tumblr that has totally inspired me to loose weight and set up a weightloss diary with pictures to keep me on track :)

U def don't look that size mrs b! Hopefully they get a clearer view next time. Maybe it was just the position of bubs an I think it really depends on who does it. The sonographers are so much better than the doctors.

Hi, can I join this thread too? I was told at my booking appt that my bmi was 37, however when I calculate it, it's 34.7, which is the same as what the gym tell me- a little annoying. I found the appointment a little over the top on the weight issue, bmi is just body mass, it doesn't factor in muscle & bone density. I've always been "overweight" (or obese) on this scale, even when I was a slim uk size 12.
I'm well aware that my weight is higher than it should be, but you'd think the midwife thought I had intentionally put on weight to endanger my baby. She put a sticker on my notes to indicate that I was obese, and when I asked her how I could reduce my blood pressure (which is still in the 'normal' range), she was like "I don't mean to be rude but you must know the cause of that". It was pretty upsetting, especially as we'd just had a really good scan & everything looked healthy.
I'm glad to have found this thread, some people in the health service can be so mean!

the midwife at my booking worked mine out as BMI 37! but its not that in my notes thank god because that's a bit of a difference :dohh: i havn't had anything mentioned regarding my weight though

At my ten week scan they toldd me i was too overweight to hear heartbeat at that time, then told me my blood pressure was up because im over weight....but my blood pressure is is usually very normal

Mrs.B you def don't look size 22 bottom, you carry it very well, iykwim :) I'm a 20 bottom 20/22 top, big boobs and broad back :( I had decided enough was enough and started WW in Jan. I lost 14lbs in the first 4 weeks then found out Jan 30th that I was pregnant. I haven't put anything on and actually lost another 7.5lbs in Feb. I'm hoping this will stand me on good stead for losing weight after baby is born.

I hope your scan goes well in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to just knowing she's ok, although judging by the dance party she's clearly been having today there is nothing wrong with her legs :haha:

I guess i'm pretty lucky at the moment no one has mentioned weight issues to me except written down on scan reports 9 and mine is 42 and i am 5 ft 1.
I am seeing a consultant who deals in the larger ladies and her and the midwives who work with her are quite good!

I am 5'1 and 174lbs currently and don't look very overweight (just big boobed,lol). Most of my prepregnancy weights varied from 170 to 200 pounds. But for some reason even when
I do eat what I should end up losing like 20-30lbs during pregnancy. My ideal weight is 100lbs and healthy weight is 120. So currently am 54lbs to 74lbs over what I should be weight-wise (according to BMI calculator am obese). But some women have a hard time conceiving and some don't.

At my ten week scan they toldd me i was too overweight to hear heartbeat at that time, then told me my blood pressure was up because im over weight....but my blood pressure is is usually very normal

Don't you just love when instead of trying to help a problem. They attribute/excuse it as cause "one is overweight".That always made / makes me mad. Then it is an excuse not to treat the issue,grrr. :growlmad: LOL

I'm about 5'3 well 5'2.75 and around 200lbs. That makes my Bmi around 35. I haven't gained weight I've just lost so.. Still experiencing MS but hey. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm going to see what they say. This is my second baby though. I can definitely tell my bump. Mainly because I usually carry my weight in the back. I was this size last time around and it didn't cause any problems so I'm not to worried. I will try to post a pic later. Great thread by the way. Makes me not feel so alone.

Aww thank you so much Ladies, I just love coming on here, noone looks down their nose! we cant all be skinny minnies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->