Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I get so annoyed when everything is down to weight, I'm a 20/22 now and have heard the heartbeat every time and had fine scans so far, so I don't see why it is any different for anyone else? Ugh, I hate having to 'hold' my stomach up to get the scanner there though, I lost tons of weight last year, nearly a size 16 but have put it back on so fast. Already have plans for losing when baby gets here though!

I find treatment depends entirely on the person. My midwives have all been lovely, and even when they told me I had to have the GTT due to a higher BMI they were lovely about it. Also when we went for our first scan and had my BP taken after by a nurse she told me "most women end up with the GTT, don't worry about it. Very few escape it". I felt so much better, she was so town to earth and put me at ease. It helped having read the scan notes and seen the tech had put down it had been a technically difficult scan due to my BMI of 36. I don't know why I let that bother me but it did take the shine off a bit. I don't have any problem with people telling me I'm overweight, it's not like I haven't noticed - I just think there are ways to say things without hurting people's feelings.

Yeah, I lost close to 60 pounds last year too so making the decision to have another baby was a little difficult for me. I was once up around 400 pounds then got down to 309 before I had my son. By the end of the pregnancy I weighed 283. Leaving the hospital I weighed 271. Then I gained a bunch back. Believe it or not I'm one of the smaller members of my entire family! It really sucks that the healthy foods are so much more expensive. I'm 1 of 10 children and my parents made sure we were well fed but that also came with doing it in an unhealthy way. I struggle with just trying to eat right. Seems like when I've been pregnant last time and this time it's somehow been easier as I mostly crave salads!

I had to see a Dr last week, I think he was a locum, because my midwife recommended a blood test to check my iron and thyroid levels. It's the first time anyone has made me feel bad about my weight. He didn't say anything overt it was more of a sneering way in which he asked me questions iykwim. Like I said I was still taking pre-natals because my diet probably wasn't as good as it should be and he looked me up and down and asked 'what is your diet?' An ok question in itself except the undertone was 'clearly you live on cr*p'. He then asked what my activity level was, again not a bad question for a Dr to ask if he didn't feel the need to look me up and down again like I had just been scraped off his shoe. To$$er! I wont be seeing him again! I'm quite aware that I'm big thank you and don't need it pointing out at every opportunity and if he had even bothered to look at my notes he would see that I haven't put any weight on at all and am actually lighter now than pre-pregnancy.

That turned in to a bit of a rant, sorry :blush: It must be the heat making me crabby.

just lurking about ... im currently over the 200 lb mark.. and pretty down about it.. yall seem to be good with NOT gaining weight-- yet i cant seem to stop :( if any of you are willing, can you tell me your pre-pregnancy weight, how far along you are now & how much youve gained? ..im only barely over 29 weeks and have gained almost 30lbs :(((

My doctor has been great actually! He's the same doctor I had been seeing about my weight loss. In the first prenatal appointment he said this, "You know you are overweight and so do I but we aren't making that an issue every pregnancy can have any complications. Sometimes it's very difficult to be pregnant when you'd like to lose weight but don't worry about that right now. You focus on having a healthy baby!" There has been no mention of my weight since - thank goodness! The ultrasound people have been lovely as well. I always kind of joke telling them well I hope you can see through all my fat. They have repeatedly told me that it is actually quite rare that being overweight will affect the quality of the scan. And that poor/older equipment is usually to blame about poor quality of scans.

just lurking about ... im currently over the 200 lb mark.. and pretty down about it.. yall seem to be good with NOT gaining weight-- yet i cant seem to stop :( if any of you are willing, can you tell me your pre-pregnancy weight, how far along you are now & how much youve gained? ..im only barely over 29 weeks and have gained almost 30lbs :(((

I'm 21 weeks and 3 days. I was at 300 pre-pregnancy (I think...I'll have to check). I have an appointment today and I'll let you know how much I've gained...I'm sure it's a lot though! For some strange reason I've been craving taco bell (mostly for the mild sauce) and gas station hot dogs (which are disgusting usually but I've been satisfying my craving by going to the hot dog/root beer drive ins).:flower:

I love my OB, he is a bit on the portly side (mostly a belly) so he never makes comments about weight. The first time he in fact cautioned me to not lose too much weight as losing too much could be detrimental to the wee one.

Haven't weighed in about a week, we have moved house on Friday so the scale has been packed away lol. Last weigh in was 205 lbs though, but it seems to be evening out. I am losing though because the belly is getting bigger but other bits are getting smaller.

Oh and Hello! :) lol just realised I have been lurking so long that I forgot I haven't introduced myself yet...

I have gained 14lbs. Don't think thats good at this stage with my BMI already being 35 at booking.

I just did this : https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/ and it says i should gain 1st 1lb during my pregnancy, I am only half way and have almost reached that already :shock:

few years ago i weighed over 300lbs .. changed my lifestyle, lost alot, and got down to 177-182) ..gained about 6/7lbs before i found out i was pregnant, now im at about 220.. very depressing :( i hate seeing the scale go up, and i try to be healthy but no lie i do have bad days .. like today, i drank 2 servings of choclate milk and ate a bowl of coco puffs (i mean, seriously!? ..cmon now idk why i did that.) but even when ive only ate around 12-1400 cals a day.. or had days when i had about 1800 .. or 2000 even! (which is recommended.. oh my) i cant help but pack it on, its soo upsetting-- i used to live at the gym though ..id work out anywhere from 40-70 minutes a day, usaully doing the elliptical burning anywhere from 400-700 cals.. i havent did that in 5 months or so though and i really think that could be a big reason why this weight has came on, ontop of the normal pregnancy gain..but now being close to 30 weeks, when i go the gym i dont last more then 25 mins or so on the elliptical ..im scared of over working myself and hurting the baby. i do walk everyday (correction, MOST everyday), atleast 30 mins to 50 mins or so ..but its more like turtle-mode sometimes, but its obviously not doin jack sh*t with helping the weight gain lol

from start of pregnancy to 13 weeks i've gained 2/3lb which i think is ok... i think. i've never been over 200lb (i'm like 188 now?) my ideal would be around 135lb. ¬__¬ god that's a lot to shift. one day at a time...

Eating healthy really is a hard thing to do sometimes. I've been working on it and making salads for dinner. It does help in the fact that usually all the crappy food makes me sick so I'm stuck with the health stuff. I really do hope to start exercising more vigorously after baby. I already walk almost every day but I can't say it has helped me but it does make me feel better.

that's why i am sorely tempted to get a treadmill - can run and watch the TV at the same time :haha:

I'm 213 lb, and I haven't put on any weight since being preggo. I am concerned about my weight as I know my diet is far from perfect & I could do with more exercise. I'm going to try & walk more & go swimming, but I need a boost of energy levels. On hols next week, then I'm gonna kick start my new regime!
My BP is the higher end of the normal range, but baby looks healthy so far. I really hope we all have healthy pregnancies xx

I was a gym rat before getting pregnant but rarely go now. I just have no energy! I did buy one of the Gazelle exercise machines as I am more inclined to hop on that while watching TV. After 30 minutes, I do work up a light sweat. I am going to try and stick to that regime. I worry about gestational diabetes! I know I need to exercise more and eat better. It is so hard when energy is so low.

Until about 15ish weeks I was good with weight gain ..then EVERY Doctors visit over past 3 mos I went up 5/6lbs ..diet didbt really change but I was packing it on.. Even told dr it was worrying me and I wanted my thyroid chcked ..he said no..your pregnant ur gunna gain ..but if this happenens again by nxt visit on the 6th of June ..I might demand it

Ugh, so I started out at 301 and they weighed me today and I'm at 325 at only 21 weeks. My doctor didn't say anything about it but still, ugh. At least my cravings are starting to change to healthier foods now. I still want taco bell with mild sauce and gas station hot dogs though. I'm sure I won't actually eat the gas station hot dogs as I know so many stations lie about how long they've been on but that doesn't stop it from sounding good to me!

Mrs wichman,

With my daughter I started struggling about 25 weeks started shoiwng 20 weeks. With this one at 12 weeks I was noticing my pants getting tighter but without any weight gain, and now at 14 weeks my pants are either quite snug or do not fit at all. I am a bigger girl dont know my bmi but am a size 24 if that says anything.
Where in Ohio my husband is from milford and we lived in cincinnatti for 6 years just moved to Utah (where I'm from) 2 years ago:)

Ooh we got alot in common...I'm from Cincinnati and also size 24. This is my first pregnancy though...I keep wondering when people will notice i am pregnant and not just putting more pounds on haha.

I'm with ya although I put on a maternity shirt today and looked 7 month preggo lol mainly flubby with mayby a little baby :haha:. Loved Cincinnatti most my husbands family still lives there his dad in West Chester and mom in Evendale

I'm 22, have been overweight my entire life. I weighed 340 at my biggest (Aug 2011) and over the last 8 months I've lost 80 lbs, currently 260. All of a sudden BAM - I got a BFP. My Dr. said it was probably a combination of my low birth control + losing 80 lbs... I'm really excited about the pregnancy now (I'm about 5 weeks - known for a week) but I'm TERRIFIED about gaining ANY weight back. I know you're suppose to gain some weight, but I've worked so hard to get some of it off. I'm really hoping after the pregnancy with breastfeeding, exercising and eating right the weight will come off again. Plus side is that with losing that weight my BP went from around 130/80 to 110/60, my resting heart rate is a lot lower, my glucose and cholesterol are in check.. all a very big plus for the little baby that's growing inside me.

I'm excited to have you all to talk to. I hate getting the fingers pointed at you when you're the "big girl" certainly when you're trying so hard to lose weight. I'm hoping for a baby bump quicker, most of my weight is in my butt and thighs, not so much in my stomach.

I'll definitely post when I have one! :) Thanks girls!! :)

Welcome :D all my weight is...tummy and love handles haha and boobies...so might not show for a while :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->