Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Hi! I'm Michelle and I think I'/m considered beyond morbidly obese :(. I'm 105kg, I've been working out heaps and lost 5kg (I think that's about 11 pounds) since week 9 of pregnancy.

My midwife says I have to lose a lot more.

Here is a pic from today of my "bump", in some baggy maternity clothes. It's getting big already.

Attachments

• DSC_0339.jpg
    DSC_0339.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering when you were able to hear the heart beat the doppler and u/s (internal or external)? I'm having my first OBGYN appt at 7 weeks and I was just wondering if I'd be able to hear it. They said the doctor would be doing an u/s.

Thanks! :)

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering when you were able to hear the heart beat the doppler and u/s (internal or external)? I'm having my first OBGYN appt at 7 weeks and I was just wondering if I'd be able to hear it. They said the doctor would be doing an u/s.

You won't be able to hear a heart beat at 7 weeks. They won't try, but you should be able to see a flicker on an ultrasound. I had an internal ultrasound at 7 weeks, and we saw a flicker. They didn't check for the heartbeat via doppler until 15 weeks. I was going every 4 weeks at that time. At 11 weeks, the doctor said they didn't try until 13 weeks for any patient. Enjoy your first ultrasound! It's amazing how that little blob you see is going to turn into your child!

Hi ladies,

i heard the heartbeat at 7+3 on an ultrasound and ive found the heartbeat on my home doppler everyday since 10+5. im 5'8 and 234 lbs according to my weight at my last prenatal appt this past tuesday.

Hi ladies,

i heard the heartbeat at 7+3 on an ultrasound and ive found the heartbeat on my home doppler everyday since 10+5. im 5'8 and 234 lbs according to my weight at my last prenatal appt this past tuesday.

Did you rent a doppler? I was just looking for one, I'll wait a couple weeks to get it, but that would be SO awesome and a great piece of mind! :) Dr should provide us with one LOL it probably keeps us ladies from call 100x and scheduling more appts ;)

Hi :)

Well my BMi was 39.5 pre-pregnancy and now is 41.2 :wacko: Ive gained A LOT in my 2nd and 3rd months :cry: 2 kilos each month. I'm hoping next appointment will be better news. I'm 5.4 and 240 pounds.

My doctor doesn't seem very concerned and she is extremely tactful with the weight issue, she did mention that since I have no diabetes and my blood presure is good then we just need to keep it like that:happydance:

I would love to look pregnant instead of just fat, I always used control underwear to at least keep things into place lol but now that's obviously not a posibility and well I have this floppy belly that kind of hangs there :( hate it. Pregnancy is just making all that fat look more obvious lol it'a going to take a huge baby to fill all my space:dohh:

I heard my baby's HB at 6+0w :) it was an internal scan :thumbup:

I'm 5'8" and pre-pregnancy was 298. Thankfully I've only gained 3.8 pounds and my doctor is thrilled. I'm can still wear all my regular clothes, but I'm going to be needing some shorts soon. I'm 22w3d and still don't know the sex of the baby because its breech and stubborn, but we're hoping we'll find out soon :)

Just took this tonight since I realized I hadn't in a while:
https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q80/afifirechick/22w3d.jpg

Hi ladies!!im around a UK 18-20 and have a BMI of 38, but I think If I cut my boobs off I would be 28 haha!!I was worried about not getting a bump or showing at all as i also carry some weight on my tummy.but for the past couple of weeks my tummy has been getting hard at the bottom and has been getting bigger compared to my baby bloat at the start. My midwife or consultant did not seem to think my BMI or weight was an issue,just that I will be put in the medium group at my delivery-might not be complication free but not really anything to worry about. I'm happy with that though cos I know it is best for baby and I x

Good morning, thought I owuld share a recent photo taken yesterday at 21+1.

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0510.jpg

Here are my pictures, 1st one is twelve weeks, 2nd one is 16 weeks and third one is today 19.6 weeks. (excuse the pjamas in the first two). I feel i just look fat right now, but i guess when i look at the three pictures i can see some shape developing.

Dawn

Attachments

• forum 12 weeks.jpg
    forum 12 weeks.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 38
  • forum 16 weeks.jpg
    forum 16 weeks.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 37
  • forum 19 weeks.jpg
    forum 19 weeks.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 52
Hi ladies,

Did you rent a doppler? I was just looking for one, I'll wait a couple weeks to get it, but that would be SO awesome and a great piece of mind! :) Dr should provide us with one LOL it probably keeps us ladies from call 100x and scheduling more appts ;)

I bought a sonoline B doppler from ebay. Only $52!
i always hear women say how their next appt drags and they cant wait. i almost missed my last appt because i forgot! lol i listen to my baby's heartbeat everynight before bed and every morning when i wake up.

Hi ladies,

At my 7 week scan, the embryo was too small to hear the heartbeat. You could see it flickering on the screen though. That was amazing!

The Dr. attempted to hear it via doppler at 9 weeks, but was unsuccessful. I heard it for the first time at 12 weeks during an external ultrasound. I have heard it on the dopper twice since then at follow up appointments.

at my early and 12 week scan the facility i went to for my scans didn't let me listen to their heartbeat - however, last pregnancy i heard baby at 8 weeks. This pregnancy i've been able to hear the ninja since 10weeks on an angelsounds :)

going to get on kinect Fitness to burn off some shite i've eaten over the past few days :haha: i really have to start calorie counting :dohh:

Here are my pictures, 1st one is twelve weeks, 2nd one is 16 weeks and third one is today 19.6 weeks. (excuse the pjamas in the first two). I feel i just look fat right now, but i guess when i look at the three pictures i can see some shape developing.

Dawn

Hey Dawn! Half way tomorrow! :happydance: I really think my bump grew loads between 20 and 21 weeks!

Hi ladies,

i always hear women say how their next appt drags and they cant wait. i almost missed my last appt because i forgot! lol i listen to my baby's heartbeat everynight before bed and every morning when i wake up.

Awesome! I just looked it up and I'm definitely going to get one. Does yours have a 2 MHz or a 3 MHz probe?

Hi ladies,

Awesome! I just looked it up and I'm definitely going to get one. Does yours have a 2 MHz or a 3 MHz probe?

3 MHz.Good luck! I hope you have as much success with yours as I have with mine. Just dont get discouraged or freak out because you dont find it right away. I actually got my doppler at 9+1 but didnt find baby til 10+5

Hubby just felt baby kick for the first time Hes got a massive grin on his face

Actually, thats the first time I've felt on the outside too!

aw yay. i miss those feelings - won't be long!

Hi ladies,

3 MHz.Good luck! I hope you have as much success with yours as I have with mine. Just dont get discouraged or freak out because you dont find it right away. I actually got my doppler at 9+1 but didnt find baby til 10+5

I think I'm gonna wait till around 10 weeks to buy it, just so I don't tempt myself to check everyday and drive myself crazy! :) LOL

Hubby just felt baby kick for the first time Hes got a massive grin on his face

Actually, thats the first time I've felt on the outside too!

Aww wonderful! I was just telling OH tonight that I don't think it will be too long before we can feel her from the outside. She has really been giving it some welly this week :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->