Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I have felt my baby for the last 2 weeks, just little flutters and nudges. Really felt it when midwife was listening to the heart beat and baby kicked the doppler :haha:

My midwife didn't mention consultant until i mentioned my fears of a labour and birth like my last. I see them on the 27th at 16 weeks, My bp has been perfectly fine so far and the only problem i have had so far is having ketone in my urine. x

I got referred to consultant at my booking in appt due to my BMI-saw the consultant at 13 weeks-my blood sugar was normal....I have high blood pressure so they just keep an eye on that but that's it-they have never weighed me since....they haven't mentioned GD test yet and I am 22 weeks.......but you may well just be sent away Mrs Bump. I was told I don't need to see the consultant again. (unless of course something changes).

I started feeling the baby at 16 weeks....it was only a few times a day at first but now at 22 weeks I feel a lot of movement at certain periods thought it the day. :)

usually they take your blood at 24 weeks and then if your bloods are showing signs of GD then they'll send you for a GTT - or at least that's how it works in our area :) if it's first thing in the morning word of warning, don't have a sugery cereal and OJ for breakfast :haha: this is what i done as i was oblivious to the fact i was getting my blood tested for GD and it came back .1 over... needless to say my GTT was perfectly fine!:thumbup:

I just had to do a health checkup for my work insurance (we have to do it every year). They check blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose. I passed everything with flying colors....except my BMI of course (they also don't take into account that I am pregnant, although I would have failed that anyway). My glucose (blood sugar) was 78....I know that is a good level...but does that indicate in anyway if I will pass my GD test in a couple 3 weeks?

I just had to do a health checkup for my work insurance (we have to do it every year). They check blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose. I passed everything with flying colors....except my BMI of course (they also don't take into account that I am pregnant, although I would have failed that anyway). My glucose (blood sugar) was 78....I know that is a good level...but does that indicate in anyway if I will pass my GD test in a couple 3 weeks?

i think so hun, they would have failed you too if you had it xx

Hi everyone,

At my dating scan yesterday I was weighed and told that my bmi is 35 and because of this I will need to see a consultant and also take a glucose test at some point, this is all totally new to me, I have had 4 healthy pregnancies and never had a problem with weight. I started putting on weight back last Sept when I was pregnant but sadly had a MMC, I had awful MS where I had to eat often to help it, this pregnancy has been the same.

I just wanted to know about the glucose test, I don't know anyone who has had to have one and haven't got a clue what they do. Also what are my chances that they will stop me giving birth in the midwife run birth centre? I have given birth to all 4 if my children there but the midwife said it all depends on what the consultant thinks. As if putting on weight isn't depressing enough!

Hi everyone,

At my dating scan yesterday I was weighed and told that my bmi is 35 and because of this I will need to see a consultant and also take a glucose test at some point, this is all totally new to me, I have had 4 healthy pregnancies and never had a problem with weight. I started putting on weight back last Sept when I was pregnant but sadly had a MMC, I had awful MS where I had to eat often to help it, this pregnancy has been the same.

I just wanted to know about the glucose test, I don't know anyone who has had to have one and haven't got a clue what they do. Also what are my chances that they will stop me giving birth in the midwife run birth centre? I have given birth to all 4 if my children there but the midwife said it all depends on what the consultant thinks. As if putting on weight isn't depressing enough!

My BMI was 36 to start.

The glucose test is a fasting test, then you go in, they do a finger prick test and take some blood, then give you a sugary drink, like a lucozade, then you sit around for a set amount of time, I did 2 hours, then they take blood again. They check that your body is processing the sugar correctly :flower:

The GD test isn't bad. I only drink water, so the drink was pretty repulsive to me. It's like a mix between powdered juice mix and flat soda-pretty much a liquid candy bar. The finger prick didn't hurt me at all. My test was 3 hours and I was a little irritated because they test your blood right away, but the techs wouldn't tell me if it looked high or okay. I had a nerve-racking 3 days waiting for results. :wacko:

If you fail it isn't the end of the world. You will probably get sent to a nutritionist and put on a special diet limiting sugars. If that doesn't help then you could be sent home with a glucose monitor and have to take several readings a day, possibly insulin. I was reading a thread over in third trimester about women who have GD. It might be a good read if you are even more curious.

Hi everyone,

Hey hun the GD test is simple enough. I'm in the uk and when i had my last one down (in England.... I am in Scotland this time) I had to fast from midnight the night before, I went in for 9am when they took some blood from my arm. I was then given the juice drink (repulsive but not too bad tbh) then i was put on baby moniter for 15 mins just to check on baby. Then had to wait out the rest of the 2 hour wait in the waiting room. Went back in and had more blood taken and then went to the nearest cafe/food shop to pig out coz i was absolutely starving lol. x

I had a GD test done with my first pregnancy. Very similar to previous poster, I had to fast from 10pm the night before and arrive at the hospital early on. The took blood by pricking my finger every hour for three hours and each time made me drink a sugary solution so they could see how well my body was processing the sugar.
The drink isn't nice - why can't they give you something nice to drink I do not know! but it's now awful. By the time they'd done, I also was starving and feeling a little faint through not eating, so I'd recommend taking something with you which you can eat when your test is done.
I've got to go for another test in October as my BMI is still high, good luck.

Thank you ladies, it sounds simple enough, I will definitely take something to eat after lol

Bring something to do as well its a bit boring just sitting and waiting :)

I need a moment to vent to my plus sized, soon to be mommas!!!

We had a follow up ultrasound yesterday for measurements. My MIL happen to be in town from Canada. She actually had the nerve to look at one of the pictures we brought home and said "looks like she is chubby already"!!! I about lost it.

A)How can something that weights 15 oz. be chubby

B)She was looking a cross section of the skull and it was all bone.

Maybe I am over sensitive being a bigger girl but holy cow what would make a grandma be so negative before LO is even born.

Later the same night she made a comment about the baby coming early and being here by Christmas. I am due January 26. My husband told her "Yea mum let's hope for a preemie that could have health issue...what are you thinking!" At least this keep us from getting any more comments for the night.

Glad that she has gone home now and we have our house back to ourselves tonight.

In lighter news....It is crib assemble night tonight!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

littlepeterso- my MIL is similar. She hasn't really said anything negative about the baby. During our last visit with her, she said that the visit before I was "really bitchy" and she knew something was going on. She said nasty things to me during that visit, so I literally spent the rest of the visit in our bedroom until it was time to leave. During our latest visit her mother died, so I tried to be as nice as possible and every bit the perfect DIL. She has pretty much been feeling that I don't want kids and I was going to prevent her her favorite child from producing her favorite grandchildren. It couldn't be farther from the truth, but I was injured at work and out for over a year and had to get surgery on my spine. Obviously I had to wait to heal and she was holding it against me. Now she can't wait to move 3 states away and within minutes of us (and at least 7 hours away from her 2 other children and 3 other grandchildren). :dohh: She is schlepping down to visit for Christmas week, so I can't wait to hear what gems come out of her this time! :wacko:

My avatar is of my baby at 8+3. I think that my baby looks like a fat little mermaid and I love it! :haha: Of course the baby isn't going to come out supermodel thin-it's not healthy! Health is the number one goal and if your MIL is fixated on social conventions that make adults sexually appealing for your infant-she has problems. That's my opinion, though!

Has anyone had a stomach ache. Like its a weird feeling. My upper abdominal section, when I push on it, it hurts? Does this mean something bad like should I go to the ER???

Its been a couple days that its been like that

Sounds like bloat, love! I had terrible bloat from about 8 weeks to 12 weeks. I was utterly miserable! It was painful! I thought surely it would be showing itself where I normally felt bloated, which was significantly lower in my abdomen, but no. My pregnancy bloat was all at the top, between my breasts and my belly button. No fun at all. My sympathies are with you!

Its been a couple days that its been like that

Sounds like bloat, love! I had terrible bloat from about 8 weeks to 12 weeks. I was utterly miserable! It was painful! I thought surely it would be showing itself where I normally felt bloated, which was significantly lower in my abdomen, but no. My pregnancy bloat was all at the top, between my breasts and my belly button. No fun at all. My sympathies are with you!

Oh lol... thanks! This pregnancy has my nerves bad lol. I try not to worry about too much. I thought it was gas, my bowel has changed and im not to happy about that either lol but thanks again

So, my husband said he felt the baby move a couple of times this last week. I thought 19 weeks was a little early, especially since it's supposed to take longer if the mom's a bit bigger.... I finally decided that he must have really felt it, though, since right after baby made a bigger-than-usual movement he said "whoa!" It's our first baby, too. Has anybody else had the "rule" about movement taking longer to feel for larger moms turn out pretty blatantly false? I mean, from what I read, some women aren't sure they're feeling baby themselves this early on the first time around. And I was about 80 pounds overweight before I got pregnant, so you'd think it'd take a little longer for us if that's such a sure barrier.

So, my husband said he felt the baby move a couple of times this last week. I thought 19 weeks was a little early, especially since it's supposed to take longer if the mom's a bit bigger.... I finally decided that he must have really felt it, though, since right after baby made a bigger-than-usual movement he said "whoa!" It's our first baby, too. Has anybody else had the "rule" about movement taking longer to feel for larger moms turn out pretty blatantly false? I mean, from what I read, some women aren't sure they're feeling baby themselves this early on the first time around. And I was about 80 pounds overweight before I got pregnant, so you'd think it'd take a little longer for us if that's such a sure barrier.

I have heard that and according to this "rule", I shouldn't have started showing for quite a while since my BMI started out over 40. I'm noticeably large at 17 weeks. Some crab told me in first trimester that I shouldn't expect to show until at least 20 weeks since I am so obese. Really? I haven't felt movement yet, but my doctor said that the average for any woman is 18 weeks. Some women have the placenta on their belly instead of closer to the inside of their ribs, so no matter their original size they will feel movement later on. I also think my baby is a bit lazy. At our last scan baby didn't even twitch. I thought it was dead, but the tech assured me that the heartbeat was good and strong.:happydance:

Attachments

• 430012_636773798561_2108994683_n.jpg
    430012_636773798561_2108994683_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
That rule was rubbish with me too, I felt her early

Please send me labour dust, lol, I'm still pregnant...

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0247.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->