• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I definitely feel more obese than plus-sized lol. I'm 5'6", 250lbs, (245 pre-preg). Here's my bump pics with #2 so far:

5 weeks: (bloat)
409103_121532861301293_100003337403019_112680_657155165_n.jpg

10 weeks:
427450_148646428589936_100003337403019_191775_1842072556_n.jpg

13 weeks:
419335_162274877227091_100003337403019_231535_652830076_n.jpg

Aww you ladies all have such nice bumps! Mine just isn't prominent, in fact I had 3 people ask me how far along I was again, because it feels like I've been pregnant forever and "you really can't tell"
I wanna look pregnant too lol.
and on Saturday I was at a party and a guy wanted to make me a drink and I told him no, so he asked what I'd been drinking "water" oh.. I thought I'd seen your husband get you a few refills, I was wondering how you were still standing... did he think I was drinking straight Vodka?

Whitney, love the bump pic! didn't notice it before :)

Chim, I never considered that happening either.. :haha:

I definitely feel more obese than plus-sized lol. I'm 5'6", 250lbs, (245 pre-preg). Here's my bump pics with #2 so far:

5 weeks: (bloat)
409103_121532861301293_100003337403019_112680_657155165_n.jpg

10 weeks:
427450_148646428589936_100003337403019_191775_1842072556_n.jpg

13 weeks:
419335_162274877227091_100003337403019_231535_652830076_n.jpg

Great bump pics! I took mine and put it on photobucket but haven't been able to copy the code ever since. Grr.

https://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/LadyWells/?action=view&current=100_2687.jpg

https://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/LadyWells/?action=view&current=100_2687.jpghttps://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/LadyWells/?action=view&current=100_2687.jpg

My plus-sized 26 week bump! I'm about 276lbs at the moment x

Attachments

• 26 weeks.jpg
    26 weeks.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 40
Ok here's mine at 23 weeks, sorry I'm rubbish at taking bump pics! Tucked my dress in between my legs LOL
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/5907b94d.jpg

and a sort of face on one!
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/177c5923.jpg

I'm 5'1 and I have high bmi!

ive always been large but once ive had my lettle man im going to SERIOUSLY loose weight!! <3

Thank god ive found this thread, been feeling real worried about my weight after googling high bmi in pregnancy and all it chucking out was horror stories. Im currently 17 weeks and im 5ft 7 and my BMI was 38 before i got pregnant. I did read somewhere the BMI shouldnt be calculated once your pregnant as its not accurate? dont know if this is true or not? Ive been real lucky the midwife and dr i have seen up to now have been very supportive and not "fattist" lol although i do wonder everytime i go to a scan/appt if im going to meet one. Ive been getting weighed and i seem to flucutate between 4 and 6lb weightgain since conceiving. My 12 week scan was really clear although i have to laugh all over my notes my bmi is stamped and circled and high risk is all over the notes and my nt scan came back to say the neck was measured but "it was difficult to get accurate measurement due to bmi" . Im still in size 18/20 clothes and at every appt my BP is 120/60 which i test also at home once a week and have been told this is fine, they have put me on daily aspirin though due to my bmi has anyone else had this? I have my Gestational Diabetes Test at the beg of May to look forward to.... I feel healthy overall, eat plenty of fruit veg, lean meats, have gone right off chocolate and as i work in an office sat on bum all day i go out every lunchtime and walk between 1-2 miles. I dont think theres little more i can do, i just hope and pray my baby is safe and healthy and we go full term with no serious problems. This is my first pregnancy having had 2 previous miscarriages before 12 weeks. I wish everyone a happy pregancy and im so pleased there are other ladies who share the same feelings as me with regards to our "extra padding".

Thank god ive found this thread, been feeling real worried about my weight after googling high bmi in pregnancy and all it chucking out was horror stories. Im currently 17 weeks and im 5ft 7 and my BMI was 38 before i got pregnant. I did read somewhere the BMI shouldnt be calculated once your pregnant as its not accurate? dont know if this is true or not? Ive been real lucky the midwife and dr i have seen up to now have been very supportive and not "fattist" lol although i do wonder everytime i go to a scan/appt if im going to meet one. Ive been getting weighed and i seem to flucutate between 4 and 6lb weightgain since conceiving. My 12 week scan was really clear although i have to laugh all over my notes my bmi is stamped and circled and high risk is all over the notes and my nt scan came back to say the neck was measured but "it was difficult to get accurate measurement due to bmi" . Im still in size 18/20 clothes and at every appt my BP is 120/60 which i test also at home once a week and have been told this is fine, they have put me on daily aspirin though due to my bmi has anyone else had this? I have my Gestational Diabetes Test at the beg of May to look forward to.... I feel healthy overall, eat plenty of fruit veg, lean meats, have gone right off chocolate and as i work in an office sat on bum all day i go out every lunchtime and walk between 1-2 miles. I dont think theres little more i can do, i just hope and pray my baby is safe and healthy and we go full term with no serious problems. This is my first pregnancy having had 2 previous miscarriages before 12 weeks. I wish everyone a happy pregancy and im so pleased there are other ladies who share the same feelings as me with regards to our "extra padding".

It sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep up the good work, and happy rest of the pregnancy to you. :)

Ok here's mine at 23 weeks, sorry I'm rubbish at taking bump pics! Tucked my dress in between my legs LOL
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/5907b94d.jpg

and a sort of face on one!
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/177c5923.jpg

Love it!

I dont know my bmi I think Im happier not knowing but I do know Im not the size 5 I was 11 years ago. After my first baby I started on the shot for birth control because my doctor said it was better since I suffered from migraines, he also for got to mention for some women it can cause weight gain. The iud I had also caused weight gain and with 3 kids my diet isnt always the best. Before I got pregnant I was a size 16. So far I've been lucky to not have diabetes or high blood pressure that everyone associates with obesity. Im praying that after this pregnancy I can some how get healthier. I dont expect to be a size 5 again but I think a size 10 is reasonable. I am a little worried I have a heart problem, I had an infection go to my heart a few years ago and the doctors are worried that my pregnancy is stressing my heart due to my body's demand for more blood. I hate the way Im looked at or treated just because Im over weight. Its nice to know Im not the only one a bit over weight.

Okay, girls, this is my first posted bump photo! My bump is taking its sweet time in developing, I don't mind telling you. It's bigger than I was before I was pregnant, but it's been about the same now since 16 weeks. This picture was taken at 18 weeks. And a lot more of it is fat than I'd prefer. :blush:

Attachments

• 18 weeks.JPG
    18 weeks.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 24
Okay, girls, this is my first posted bump photo! My bump is taking its sweet time in developing, I don't mind telling you. It's bigger than I was before I was pregnant, but it's been about the same now since 16 weeks. This picture was taken at 18 weeks. And a lot more of it is fat than I'd prefer. :blush:

Lovely bump!

When did you ladies start feeling the kicks from the outside? I'm so worried DH will never be able to feel them through all my fat! Please post your size if you feel comfortable so I know what to compare to. I'm a US size 18ish, though these days the maternity 18s are too big.

NannyWhitney - DH has felt baby a few times, no real kicks but definately movement, I'd say the first was about 21 weeks. We were both in bed and super still (I was actually sleeping) and he felt baby move, but of course when he spent the next hour trying to feel baby again he had no luck. For us its just been random, probably when baby rolls over or something.

Thanks Clovermouse! Last night she was kicking so hard I could see her move my stomach, but DH said he couldn't see anything, and then she stopped. I really hope he can feel her move soon!

hey everyone- just wondered if i could pop in for a moan! im feeling a bit down about being a plus sized mama to be. i have a high bmi of 42 and have gained 14 lb since getting pregnant. I was 19 st 2 now 20 st 2. i used ot weigh 25 st and did well to loose the weight but im getting so worried and down now

i keep worrying about all these bad things they said could happen but surely they happen to slim people too?

my scans have been fine but my 23 week one they struggled to get detail and now im worrying that they didnt get enough detail and missed something bad and im dreading my 28, 32 and 36 week ones :cry:

i just try to keep telling myself when i was born they didnt even have scans!!! just feeling a bit sad for myself :dohh: xxx

hey everyone- just wondered if i could pop in for a moan! im feeling a bit down about being a plus sized mama to be. i have a high bmi of 42 and have gained 14 lb since getting pregnant. I was 19 st 2 now 20 st 2. i used ot weigh 25 st and did well to loose the weight but im getting so worried and down now

i keep worrying about all these bad things they said could happen but surely they happen to slim people too?

my scans have been fine but my 23 week one they struggled to get detail and now im worrying that they didnt get enough detail and missed something bad and im dreading my 28, 32 and 36 week ones :cry:

i just try to keep telling myself when i was born they didnt even have scans!!! just feeling a bit sad for myself :dohh: xxx

aw try not to worry too much! All these things they list can and do happen to skinny people too!

My 20 week scan with my 2nd I had to go back to get another as she was all tucked in and they couldn't check the spine properly, but the same thing happened to my friend a few weeks ago and she is skinny!

Why are you having so many scans? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->