Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

I had to go back for a second scan too, baby was flipped so all we could see was spine, I think it's quite common, babies don't always cooperate.

because im so big they want me to have the 28, 32 36 week growth scans :wacko:

oh i see, I am getting one extra growth scan at 34 weeks, at least you get to see your LO lots!!

They said to me that's it's because MW's can't feel the size of your baby to check growth. Which is another load of tosh IMO!!

I was skinny when I had my first daughter, all the way through 3rd tri they would feel my tummy (different MW's) and say "Ohhhh you've got a big one in there"!!

I eventually went into labour 2 weeks late expecting this 10lb baby to appear and she was only 7lb 9oz!!

My 2nd they kept telling me to expect a large baby with my weight being so high, ...... baby born 2 weeks early and 6lb 11oz!!

Love all the bumps :flower:
This is me at 16 weeks....its more fat than baby but I have a feeling it will be a big baby! I was a 10lb baby and my OH was 10lbs :blush:

https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/jlees1986/securedownload.jpg

https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/jlees1986/securedownload2.jpg

https://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/jlees1986/securedownload1.jpg

^Lovely bump pics!

I'm having lots of scans too, for similar reasons. We've had five so far and the next is the biggest gap between (I've had every 3 weeks so far). We go in April 24 for the fetal echo (heart troubles run in the family so she's getting a gooooood look taken at her). We see one of my four doctors (four offices too - fun) every two weeks - the one that is the actual OB and will be doing my c-section. He said that around 28-30 weeks I'll start having weekly growth scans and be in twice a week for monitoring on the fetal monitor. I'm starting to feel like this is going to be even a more involved pregnancy than I thought, but I am glad to have the care this time around.

VW - - - Family history can be telling! I was over 9lbs at birth and my hubs was over 10 - the difference is I was on time and he was a month late! lol Anyway, I'm 5' 9" and my daughter was born two weeks early and over 12lbs. I was 100pounds smaller then, and did not have any trace of sugar in me, though they kept checking me for gestational diabetes. Just make sure if your doctor thinks the baby is that big that they will keep a close eye and decide with you how baby should be born b/c our doctor did not give a crap and ended up shoving DD back in me twice - she was born dead, and he told my husband later we should've both been in body bags that night. Thank God for NICU! Seven years later I'm doing it again, only this time my bottom is too blown out to ever go natural again. (Which is okay, b/c I can associate that with nothing but trauma anyway).

Best of luck to all the mommies on this thread :) Can't wait to be on some other forum talking about our so-cute newborns!

Ladies, I was thinking about something...

As a super-plus-sized mommy, I was left out of baby-wearing completely when I had my daughter seven years ago (April). I hated not fitting the baby carriers, and when she was older and the moby wraps showed up everywhere (i hadn't seen them anywhere at the time before that), I felt cheated and jealous.

Anyway, this time around I was already having hurt feelings that I probably could not buy one, and trying to decide what to do. I finally googled 'make a baby wrap' or something like that and found this link. :) I'm still larger than the lady in it, but I can buy extra yardage and FINALLY wear my baby this time around! :)

I don't know if you are interested or not, but here is the link... https://wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=121#MakeANoSewWrap

What do you ladies plan on doing? Anyone else want to practice baby-wearing?

Chim, the Baby Bjorns fit me, though I've used the store bought wraps too and they seem to be a bit longer. I can't remember the brand I used, but it was very long. I'd check out a few different options...they might have the length on the website.

DH finally felt the baby kick! He was so happy he started crying. I think the problem (besides my chubby belly) was where she was kicking. She kicked down so low only I could feel it, but yesterday she kicked really high! :happydance: Now DH is obsessed with trying to feel her kick.

I will be babywearing again - we still wear my first and he's 20 months now! I just get hotter sooner than a skinny mama might lol x

Aww! Glad to hear other mommies can do it too!

Nanny - yaay!! So glad DH got to feel her! I am having the same sensations with my new daughter - she is SO incredibly low like 99% of the time! What is up with that? She actually kicked me in my pooper, and shocked me about to death! lol I can't wait for her to come up and stay there! (Just please not my ribs! I hear that hurts! lol) My dd only felt cautiously around my right rib one time, and never again. I guess she didn't like how hard it felt. lol

I hope I have finally gotten this figured out. This is my bump at 17weeks 2 days. I had been losing weight, so my fat got flat, but by 17 weeks as you can see I started rounding again. I'm bigger now but haven't had the chance to take a pic yet. https://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/LadyWells/100_2687.jpg

Well, I've lost a little more weight since then (ten pounds or so), but my belly seems bigger to me. Sorry the pic is so big - I haven't been able to shrink it down for some reason. *sigh* Also, I usually have long hair but had cut it all off to regrow over the winter since 'nobody will see it'. Found out I was pregnant a week later, and have been out in public to the doctor every week since! lol

I'm not quite second tri but would like to join in, you are all way in front of me tho, my BMI is 36... heres my pic so far, just about to read though

Attachments

• 5+6 and 13+0.jpg
    5+6 and 13+0.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 35
Lovely bump :) I'm 16 weeks so not much ahead and also BMI 36, must do bump pic lol! X

I'm not quite second tri but would like to join in, you are all way in front of me tho, my BMI is 36... heres my pic so far, just about to read though

Lovely bump :) I'm 16 weeks so not much ahead and also BMI 36, must do bump pic lol! X

Thank you :) i love it when others in the same boat can comment, skinny people just dont get our bumps sometimes :haha:

I am 5'2. I was 250 lbs when I concieved and then went down to 242 from MS and now I am back up to 244. I have been bigger since my mid 20's but I think I am still pretty decent despite being fluffier now. I am sure that people that don't know I am pregnant think I am getting even fatter, at some point I am sure the two parts of my belly will start to melt together into a baby bump....lmao.

I was told that too and didn't!!

Even had an emergency scan with my 1st at around 34 weeks and they sadi she was big, she was born 2 weeks late at 7lb9 :)

I am certain it's just another thing on the list of things they go on about if you are overweight! I know plenty of slim and small women who have delivered huge babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->