any other over 35 first time mums?

Sometimes I am tempted to do CIO with Dominic when the twins are a lil older but I don't think it is feasible in our tiny flat with neighbours all around. We live in a Victorian terraced house if this means anything to you and frankly the walls are not that thick. Besides it is heartbreaking to see them so upset and I think I'd cave and go in after 2 minutes max. I am a push over, me lol. But I am interested, how long did your LOs cry for and didn't they just go completely hyper when you ignored them? Sometimes when I cannot attend to Dom immediately he goes almost purple with crying and I am worried he might burst a blood vessel :(
But I still have high hopes for when we wean them.

Re CIO, I haven't done CIO as such (we did a mild version of cc when we first implemented a routine around 5.5-6omths) but I would allow her to cry if she was tired and needed to sleep (this sometimes happens now but more of a whinge than a cry) maybe try some cc? Popping in every few mins to placate them (hand on chest, soothing voice etc) until they eventually learn to settle for naps aswell as night sleeps.

Re blw I didn't do it, I did a mix of spoon feeding and finger foods and still do. For me, blw wasn't really appropriate, oh and I eat later than her and often spicy foods etc but she is good with sandwiches, fruit/veg sticks, chunks of cheese etc, I think they all get where they need to be in the end!

Re CIO for naps, I think even diehard CIO people would be furious if I suggested! I've tried CC before, but every time I came back in and it became obvious that I wasn't there to take him out, it just made things worse.

I think he's teething and that's why we're having trouble today.

Re Food--wow, your kid is an amazing eater! Looks like we all end up at the same place in the end, TW or BLW.

TW- traditional weaning
BLW - Baby-led Weaning

With the first one you first give cereals with spoons and then other mushy foods etc
With BLW you give him/her fingerfood and the baby is supposed to pick it up and eat it her/himself if they want to. There are other aspects too but I am not too up on them as yet :)

LOL I so know how you feel cause I am too. But I think I might go to bed soon now. If Dom wakes at midnight (and I pray he sleeps till 4) then so be it. At least I had an hour and a half eh? Night night ladies :)

were doing tw and blw - i like martha to eat puree so i know aht shes getting but she likes finger food and gags on puree (but not finger food go figure!) so we mix and match - i give her finger food to eat so shes distracted and then i can pop puree in her mouth in between lol

we eat slimming world so its a bit spicy etc for a lo so am going with the flow :)

What's a baby group without a lil hair pulling and toy stealing.
I had Avery in swim classes, was great fun. He liked the water, but hates the lake water of the lake we live on!

Weaning onto foods is fun isn't it, there is something BOUT WATCHING YOUR CHILD FEED HIMSELF THAT IS SO SATISFYING. oppppssss sorry about the caps heehee

We have tooth number three today it broke through! Maybe that is why he was a bit cranky last week?

LOL I so know how you feel cause I am too. But I think I might go to bed soon now. If Dom wakes at midnight (and I pray he sleeps till 4) then so be it. At least I had an hour and a half eh? Night night ladies :)

Do they sleep together in one crib? How do they do it when one cries? Do,they wake up one another? Do they like to look at each other? Just curious ;). Hope Dominic gave you a better night of sleep!!:sleep:

I just want to say....

I'm SOOOOOO f'ing tired! :sleep::haha:

I can just imagine how tired you are!!! Take a nap whenever your LO takes one. Believe me it makes a little difference. Forget about the house work or dinner. Ask hubby to stop by somewhere and get you something to eat or for him to cook something :). You need to get as much sleep as you can.

Talking about that now the past two night thiago decides that his crib is a Scouching device, I put him on his belly to sleep and about 3 hours later I can hear and see on the monitor that he has moved from one end of the crib to another corner of the crib and is banging his head on the rail trying to turn his head the other way around!!! He not fully awake but we feel bad and move him back to the foot of the crib and about 3 hours lates he is again back in the other corner!!! :dohh: my full night of sleep didn't last long :coffee::haha:.

What's a baby group without a lil hair pulling and toy stealing.
I had Avery in swim classes, was great fun. He liked the water, but hates the lake water of the lake we live on!

Weaning onto foods is fun isn't it, there is something BOUT WATCHING YOUR CHILD FEED HIMSELF THAT IS SO SATISFYING. oppppssss sorry about the caps heehee

We have tooth number three today it broke through! Maybe that is why he was a bit cranky last week?

Sometimes I wish babies would be born with teeth :haha:. Yeah for number three!!!

creating peace - you know i actually find weaning very stressful! at least with BFing I know I can latch him on, and he'll feed! it's true that when he does eat something by himself is really satisfying but it's the pressure that 'they have to eat solids' that kills me!

oh, i think we're having teeth #3 soon too! :thumbup: and also :cry:

clio - don't know how you got me 'quoting' that we did CC :winkwink: we didn't even though we have a terrible sleeper, but we just go with the flow (which is taking us nowhere!:dohh:)

indigo/angeluk - i know how you feel, but at least you have a newborn and twins - i have a 6 months old! i felt so bad this morning i wanted to cry.

i'm having a terrible day today. i'm back to work in 6 weeks and i'm dreading it already. i have to get organised and feel i can't cope. :cry:

ps - i'm sooo stressed i'm on a 100% chocolate diet!

:hugs: to you kosh! I am sorry you are having such a tough time. Is there no one who could take Gäel for a night? Or could come over to your house and take the nightwatch? My mum sponsored a nightnanny for a few nights when the boys were newborns and it was bliss to be able to sleep AND know the boys were just down the hall. Mind you, nightnannies cost an arm and a leg so I am not saying get one of those! But maybe a family member you'd trust? xxx

:hugs: to you kosh! I am sorry you are having such a tough time. Is there no one who could take Gäel for a night? Or could come over to your house and take the nightwatch? My mum sponsored a nightnanny for a few nights when the boys were newborns and it was bliss to be able to sleep AND know the boys were just down the hall. Mind you, nightnannies cost an arm and a leg so I am not saying get one of those! But maybe a family member you'd trust? xxx

thanks a lot angeluk.
well, unfortunately gael wakes up every 2hr to feed/comfort and at the moment won't take anything else but me (he's bf'ed). we're trying to get dh to settle him but he, or should i say they, struggle. and because he's such a bad sleeper i sometimes don't want to risk getting him more awake, so i take over, my fault too.
all our family are across the channel or the atlantic, so not much help :winkwink:

arghhhhhhh

This is the fourth morning I've come down to find J in his night-time onsie/vest with freezing legs, the fan on full blast and the window open. IT'S NOT HOT! Here, nights are hot, mornings are cold. Over and over I have asked my husband to put him in a sleeper. His answer this morning? "Well, I'M not cold!" I looked at him and saw that he was wearing flannel pj bottoms and a sweatshirt. Since my husband takes care of J as much as I do, I don't like to argue that women have more of a "maternal" instinct than men, but oh my lord, he's making it very hard to keep on making that argument.

Kosh, I am very sorry for misquoting you; as I said, I am very bad at keeping track of everyone and you were probably in a quote of a quote of a quote about CC and I screwed up the editing. Now I don't even know who talked about CC.

Oh, and I am also on a chocolate diet. I'm trying different combinations. I had my husband bring me dark chocolate last night and then a bar of darker chocolate to see how that would taste together. Very yummy, let me tell you. Though not as good as the milk chocolate and milkier chocolate combo. But that one was not kind to my stomach...

This whole eating solids thing had me worried, too, until I read in a lot of places that right now is still just practice and it's only at one that it makes a difference. And even that number seems arbitrary seeing as BM continues to provide all the nutrients he needs.

And I'm sorry you're so stressed and that your day has been so bad so far. Who will take care of LO once you're back at work? :hugs: I'm sorry about the crappy sleeping.

Indigo--you worried me yesterday when you weren't checking in. I'm so sorry you're so tired. I wish there were some magic words to make it better, but other than "hang in there! It'll get better soon," (which aren't magic), I don't have many words of comfort. Can you sleep when the LO is sleeping? It is the best advice.

Angel--a nightnanny? Your mother sounds like a saint. I would kill for one of those. But what a sucky job, eh?

Borboleta--what a little bugger. See, this is the problem with having such good monitors. I've been going the 1970s route of monitoring lately. I asked my Mum what she did without a monitor, and she said that when we cried loud enough for her to hear it, it was time to go to us. Otherwise, she if didn't hear us, she didn't worry about us. For naps, it does reduce a lot of stress, I feel. We keep it on at night, though. And I'm only brave enough to do it around half the time.

creatingpeace--yay for tooth number 3! I think we have something coming in, because he was cranky beyond belief yesterday, didn't sleep and didn't eat. I ended up giving him some Advil and he was fine afterwards. But this can go on for months for us. He just has these random "teething" days.

Rowan--what is slimming world? I could use some slimming... Though I'm not sure how well it would work with my chocolate experiments.

I hope I haven't forgotten anybody!

ah hon thats a nightmare - are you starting to express ready for going back to work? if so would it be worth a try bottle feeding in the night and then if it is the comfort he'll start to realise he doesnt need it? will he take a dummy? big hugs you ahve my sympathy x

omg m has just peeld off the stickers from under my chair - i didnt even know there were stockers there!

https://www.slimmingworld.com/ its this hon we love the food you can eat loads and ive lost 4.5stone since jan :)

think am going to start putting on again soon tho...just got a very very faint bfp - not counting my chickens yet tho!

Clio - it's ok...I'm a terrible sleeper anyway....:shrug:

You should dress your hubby in a diaper & a vest so he can see how he likes it in the cold mornings. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->