• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

I know. My fear is that we have such an easy baby now that the next is going to be the opposite. That hubby and I will not have time to say hello to each other because we are gong to be so busy running after the kids. And if I take Clomid that I will have triplets this time around :haha:!!! I know that the worst part would be the first two years and them it gets a little better because they can entertain each other ... It is hard decision to make and what I hate the most is the age pressure. I wish we could have babies up till we are 50 years old ( I guess we can these days :haha:).

Indigo77 you look like you are dead set on not having any more:). Are you sure ?:haha:

Angel I know what you mean about a little girl. Sometimes I would like to have one to out a dress by matching shoes ... But little boys are sooooo cute!!!! I always wanted to have a boy before a girl. They are true mamma's boys:).

I have absolutely no intention of having another child. Children are HARD, man. My husband considered trying for one more but then J was born and he realized that children are HARD.

I am the same, one and done!!

Congrats on the bfp rowan!! X

thanks ladies!! i wasnt sure either as we had such a mare ttc and my pg ugh then the labour horrendous! 3rd degree tear and doubly incontinent for the first 2 weeks - but first night out for us and a glass of wone or two when we got in and bfp! x

What will your age gap be? (sorry my mummy brain isn't functioning enough to work it out haha). 16 months? X

Borboleta :haha: Oh yes, I'm quite sure. :winkwink: I must admit, i entertained the idea for about a day and a half. Perhaps if we were 10 years younger? But even then.....OMG! :sleep:

Well this morning I would agree with Indigo. My OH had the nightwatch last night so I got to sleep till 10 (yay). But he reported that Dominic woke at 1am and then pretty much every hour till his 4:30am feed and of course every hour after that. OH had a nap while I got up and tried to get Dom to nap. Not a chance! He is napping now but Seb isn't. But I am not complaining about Sebastian. If both my babies were like my angelic Sebastian, it would be a walk in the park and I'd say yes let us have another. But what if I got another Dom?! :shock:

dd is aprl 13th and m will be one on jan 10th so 15 months - eek!

O/T

just heard that a friend of a friend's (who had a baby a month ago and has another 2 toddlers/kids) is going on holiday for 3 weeks. so the questio is: could any of you have gone on holiday with your newborns? i couldn't even leave the house! :wacko:

edit - just the thought made me run for the chocolate!

Well this morning I would agree with Indigo. My OH had the nightwatch last night so I got to sleep till 10 (yay). But he reported that Dominic woke at 1am and then pretty much every hour till his 4:30am feed and of course every hour after that. OH had a nap while I got up and tried to get Dom to nap. Not a chance! He is napping now but Seb isn't. But I am not complaining about Sebastian. If both my babies were like my angelic Sebastian, it would be a walk in the park and I'd say yes let us have another. But what if I got another Dom?! :shock:

I knew another lady that had twins and they were just like yours:). One was an angel and the other needed more attention:). Maybe that is how they come :haha:. At least you didn't get two that needed lots of loving and attention:).!!

I have absolutely no intention of having another child. Children are HARD, man. My husband considered trying for one more but then J was born and he realized that children are HARD.

Maybe my hubby should talk to yours :haha:. But the other day I got home after a class and my hubby was cooking in the grill holding thiago and after saying hello I asked him if I could shower before I held thiago and he looked at me like " are you serious!!!" and he said " please just do it fast". And I told him " and you want to have another one?!?" :haha::haha:.
I know another fitness intructor that has a 3 year old , a almost 2 years old and has a 5 month old twin girls!!!!!!! :dohh: . Talk about hard!!!!! I think I would just seat and cry the whole day!!!! She is 30 years old and had her tubes tied. I probably would have done that after the second :).

Borboleta :haha: Oh yes, I'm quite sure. :winkwink: I must admit, i entertained the idea for about a day and a half. Perhaps if we were 10 years younger? But even then.....OMG! :sleep:

Funny, a day and half:)!!! :haha: I am like you but I go back and forth. I just love not being out numbered:).

what i don't understand is - i know they are hard, my LO is high needs, i can hardly cope and i still would consider having another one?:dohh:

what i don't understand is - i know they are hard, my LO is high needs, i can hardly cope and i still would consider having another one?:dohh:

There must seem to be something wrong with us :haha:!!!!

Yep there is. It is called hormones lol
Borboleta you are right, I am lucky not both my twins are high needs babies. But you know, mostly I am lucky to have them at all. I should not complain about them, I am so blessed. :) But yes, children are HARD, man! lol

Yep there is. It is called hormones lol
Borboleta you are right, I am lucky not both my twins are high needs babies. But you know, mostly I am lucky to have them at all. I should not complain about them, I am so blessed. :) But yes, children are HARD, man! lol

The past 2 days one of my twins has turned into a nightmare, i was beginning to think having twins was a walk in the park now it seems i was wrong. Emily never seems to want to stop crying these past couple of days so out of character for her i am praying it's just a little blip and not how things are going to pan out.

Oh dear, you poor thing. How old are they tweety pie?

Angel I love that your hubby does night watches, really love it. A special man!

Rowan, big congrats to you!

I go back and forth about a second one! Not sure tba

Sorry I was MIA yesterday--I was incredibly tired and the thought of using a keyboard hurt my head. J decided at 4 o'clock that it was time to PAR-TAY! We managed to get him down again after a while, but he then spent the rest of the day teething. I hate teething. And we only have 2 in so far.

Maybe my hubby should talk to yours :haha:. But the other day I got home after a class and my hubby was cooking in the grill holding thiago and after saying hello I asked him if I could shower before I held thiago and he looked at me like " are you serious!!!" and he said " please just do it fast". And I told him " and you want to have another one?!?" :haha::haha:.
I know another fitness intructor that has a 3 year old , a almost 2 years old and has a 5 month old twin girls!!!!!!! :dohh: . Talk about hard!!!!! I think I would just seat and cry the whole day!!!! She is 30 years old and had her tubes tied. I probably would have done that after the second :).

You see, this is what I don't understand. They either won't or grudgingly take care of the LOs and then declare they want another one? How rational an argument is that? And how incredibly unfair for women.

I had a friend who already had one child, then found out that she was carrying triplets! Naturally! She said that after the u/s, she just sat down and cried and cried and cried.

J is acting weird today. His cousin had a period very recently where he was horribly horribly constipated, and the whole family knows how nightmarish it was. Now my husband is convinced that J is bunged up as well. I don't do the morning shift, so I don't know exactly how accurate my husband's description is, but he said that when being put down for his nap, J would stop drinking every so often and bear down. And that his face was red when he did this. Which I find strange, seeing as there is only a nightlight in the room and it barely lets us see where J is, let alone tell us what colour his face is. (Well, won't my face be red if my husband is right!) But J is hysterical and I barely got him down for his nap right now.

Would he be gassy if he's constipated? Or the opposite? I can't remember. (He's not gassy, by the way.) He's also not bringing is knees up to his stomach, but maybe that was just a newborn thing. I tried giving him diluted apple juice in a sippy cup, but he'll drink just a drop and look as if I were trying to poison him. Of course, the biggest indication will be if he actually goes poo or not...

Angel, every time I read your twins' names, I have to smile. Did you ever read the Jilly Cooper books? There are a pair of twins called Seb and Dommie in them. I LOVE Jilly Cooper, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->