• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

https://www.slimmingworld.com/ its this hon we love the food you can eat loads and ive lost 4.5stone since jan :)

think am going to start putting on again soon tho...just got a very very faint bfp - not counting my chickens yet tho!

Omg! A BFP? Oooooh....:happydance::happydance::happydance::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

https://www.slimmingworld.com/ its this hon we love the food you can eat loads and ive lost 4.5stone since jan :)

think am going to start putting on again soon tho...just got a very very faint bfp - not counting my chickens yet tho!

WHAT???!!! OMG!!! Congratulations! Can you post a pic?

Kosh--I didn't realize that the nights were that bad as well. You poor thing. You must be so tired!

Clio - it's ok...I'm a terrible sleeper anyway....:shrug:

You should dress your hubby in a diaper & a vest so he can see how he likes it in the cold mornings. :winkwink:

That is a very, very funny image! I just don't get WHY he doesn't get it?! He changes his diaper--how hard is it to put a sleeper on at the same time?

Kosh, I am very sorry for misquoting you; as I said, I am very bad at keeping track of everyone and you were probably in a quote of a quote of a quote about CC and I screwed up the editing. Now I don't even know who talked about CC.

oh, don't worry, it was just funny to read me saying that :haha:
i think it was kizzyt.
Oh, and I am also on a chocolate diet. I'm trying different combinations. I had my husband bring me dark chocolate last night and then a bar of darker chocolate to see how that would taste together. Very yummy, let me tell you. Though not as good as the milk chocolate and milkier chocolate combo. But that one was not kind to my stomach....

i go for the 70-80% cocoa and/or the bubbly ones (like aero)! :thumbup:

This whole eating solids thing had me worried, too, until I read in a lot of places that right now is still just practice and it's only at one that it makes a difference. And even that number seems arbitrary seeing as BM continues to provide all the nutrients he needs..

i know, i think i wouldn't be that stressed if he was sleeping better. everybody i talk seems to think 'he'll sleep better now he's on solids' - well, i don't think that 10mg of carrot will make a lot of difference!

And I'm sorry you're so stressed and that your day has been so bad so far. Who will take care of LO once you're back at work? :hugs: I'm sorry about the crappy sleeping.

oh my, i'm def in a bad place today - i read this and started crying!
he'll go to nursery and i really can't stand the thought of leaving him there :cry::nope:
he's so young and is so happy when me and dh are with him (he's usually happy, but he seems particularly happy when we are both with him)
I've been going the 1970s route of monitoring lately. I asked my Mum what she did without a monitor, and she said that when we cried loud enough for her to hear it, it was time to go to us. Otherwise, she if didn't hear us, she didn't worry about us. For naps, it does reduce a lot of stress, I feel. We keep it on at night, though. And I'm only brave enough to do it around half the time.

:haha::haha:

[/QUOTE]

You should dress your hubby in a diaper & a vest so he can see how he likes it in the cold mornings. :winkwink:

That is a very, very funny image! I just don't get WHY he doesn't get it?! He changes his diaper--how hard is it to put a sleeper on at the same time?

Maybe he's afraid he'll wake him?

Or, maybe he's just lazy?

ah hon thats a nightmare - are you starting to express ready for going back to work? if so would it be worth a try bottle feeding in the night and then if it is the comfort he'll start to realise he doesnt need it? will he take a dummy? big hugs you ahve my sympathy x

i should be starting now but i really don't know how to get organised.
when should i express if i continue to BF during the day? also been told to try to give him a cup instead of a bottle :shrug:

do you think he'll stop waking up? i just don't know why he wakes up. :shrug: sometimes it's hunger, sometimes it's comfort, or tummy pain, or gas, or....
i feel clueless most of the time!

i think i take to long to type, because everytime i post something here, when i come back there are already another 20 posts and i get lost! :haha::haha:

rowan - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

clio - i think men just think in a very strange way :haha: anyway, you're lucky he changes his nappy...mine has to be reminded every single time:dohh:

indigo - well, i think during april he slept 3 hr stretches...but yes, i haven't slept more than 3 unbroken hours in 6 months :sleep:

80%--Kosh, you are hard core. I can only handle 70%.

My lord, this thread is going quick! But it's great!

It's too bad you don't live around the corner, Kosh. I'd come help you try to get through the day, at least. Chocolate, of course, will be our entire day-long diet.

Maybe he's afraid he'll wake him?

Or, maybe he's just lazy?

My husband is the one who gets him up in the morning because he's the early riser and I'm still dead asleep. So the boy isn't asleep. Lazy might have something to do with it--the boy has been going through the whole "I MUST turn over during my diaper and clothing change. There are TOYS nearby and I MUST get to them." We've gotten to the point of (gently) pinning him down, and at times it's been a two person job. So, maybe this is why he's not changing the onsie and I shouldn't be so hard on him. That is, if he were a DOLL, and not a live little boy!!!

He could at least put pants on him.

Do we have any baby girls in this group? So far I've only counted boys.

It's too bad you don't live around the corner, Kosh. I'd come help you try to get through the day, at least. Chocolate, of course, will be our entire day-long diet.

awww thanks :hugs:
i was actually thinking right now why on-line friends seem/tend to be more supportive sometimes?

and :thumbup: re chocolate diet. tbf, the 80% is a bit sharp - they do a 74% one in my supermarket that is just perfect :winkwink:

i was actually thinking right now why on-line friends seem/tend to be more supportive sometimes?

and :thumbup: re chocolate diet. tbf, the 80% is a bit sharp - they do a 74% one in my supermarket that is just perfect :winkwink:

Because we know exactly what everyone's going through? And social barriers are broken down a lot quicker on forums? I met my best friend on a pregnancy forum. Luckily, she lives relatively near me...

Because we know exactly what everyone's going through? And social barriers are broken down a lot quicker on forums?
I met my best friend on a pregnancy forum. Luckily, she lives relatively near me...

very true :thumbup:

Do we have any baby girls in this group? So far I've only counted boys.

Martha (Rowan's 6 mo old)

And my 10 month old Georgina :)

Who by the way is teething number 9 and not at all happy about it, back to night wakings, early mornings and lots of tears/screaming in the day time resulting in one exhausted and v emotional mummy!!

Rowan75: congratulations on your bfp!!! I can just imagine how excited you are!! You babies will be the same age difference as my sister and I. I really loved having my sister in such a close age. We played a lot together as we were growing up. Did you try naturally?
Sometimes I go back and forth about having a second baby. I like as it is now. Thiago is a good little baby but I think if hubby and I would have the energy to keep up with a second one.:haha:. 38 going to 39 and 42 going on 43 is a big commitment:). And I had to take Clomid and I would not do it again so if it was meant to happen would have to be naturally.
How about you ladies ... Are any of you thinking about a second baby or this is it?

Kosh: I am so sorry to hear about you having to go back to work. I can only imagine how hard that must be. We just get so attached to these little creatures! If I am away 2 hours when I get back home is little I have not seen thiago for days!!! But if it makes you feel any better my mom was a working mom and I apreciate her so much for the sacrifice that she did for us. You little man will be well taking cared of and when you get home from work you can just hug and kiss him like no tomorrow:). Can you do a nanny instead of a nursery? I am asking because I did that for a while after I got here in the US and you can find A lady that would accept your paying offer and would stay home with your baby. Nothing like the one/one attention. I still talk to the kids and family that I watched. I love them to death... I call them my little buddies.

Oh and can I be a part of the chocolate club:)!!!! I am a chocoholic!!! My favorite is milk chocolate hands down!!! Now I have been making this Duncan Hynes milk chocolate brownies that are to die for!!!! They are delicious!!! They must put crack on those things!!!! And of course Lindt chocolate and guiardelli milk chocolate toasted coconut!!!! I go for special trips at Walmart to get them:). I love that thiago enjoys going to Walmart with me:).

Rowan75 congrats on your news! How wonderful! :D

hehe chocolate is one my addictions too. I was born and raised in Switzerland which is famous for its chocolate of course. So yes I totally want to immerse myself in it and wish I would lose weight by eating it by the truckloads :p

Borboleta that is an interesting question about wanting more babies. Cause with my brain I know we cannot afford a third baby and we do not have the room for one either, though that might change in the future. Also I am 42 and OH is 46 and it took IUI to have my boys cause OH's sperm has too many antibodies and natural conception is almost impossible apparently. We cannot afford more treatment either really and the risk of having another set of twins or even more is a bit frightening to be honest. Having my twins was the greatest stroke of good luck ever and I am sooo happy it was two babies and not just one. But 4 kids or more?? Waah!
But then there is my heart and my hormones that say just one more please, a little girl this time! We went to the park today and there was the cutest little girl there with the hugest dark eyes and curly dark hair. Just how I imagine our daughter might look. Sigh. I don't know... I am just hormonal and broody I guess. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->