any other over 35 first time mums?

Afternoon all, the weather here is terrible. I'm sitting in the car at my dads as L has fallen asleep, its pouring down! We've just been to the brewers fayre for lunch with my brother's two boys. Have to say the food was truly terrible, the table was wonky but they have a play area and the boys enjoyed it, L was totally overwhelmed and wouldn't go in! After we went to sainsburys, I wanted to get some flowers for my mums grave and L ran round sainsburys trying to charm everyone! People kept saying how gorgeous she is, naturally I was thrilled :)

We are in the middle of teething hell, she's not eating much and refusing her bottle. I don't even know what teeth it is but she has at least 3 molars right through. It's just so hard to check, she won't let me!

Right I'm off for a chill out before L wakes again...

Afternoon all, the weather here is terrible. I'm sitting in the car at my dads as L has fallen asleep, its pouring down! We've just been to the brewers fayre for lunch with my brother's two boys. Have to say the food was truly terrible, the table was wonky but they have a play area and the boys enjoyed it, L was totally overwhelmed and wouldn't go in! After we went to sainsburys, I wanted to get some flowers for my mums grave and L ran round sainsburys trying to charm everyone! People kept saying how gorgeous she is, naturally I was thrilled :)

We are in the middle of teething hell, she's not eating much and refusing her bottle. I don't even know what teeth it is but she has at least 3 molars right through. It's just so hard to check, she won't let me!

Right I'm off for a chill out before L wakes again...

ps. Daphne is well - very hyper, tho (which is a bit contrary to the usual post-operative cat, but we think she still has some hormones floating around and perhaps will be hit tomorrow with pain)...she's curled up on the sofa next to me and purring away (she is a strange little cat, though!)
When we had Morgan done, we ended up having to tie her up in the hallway (with a long leash) for two entire weeks because she was so excited after her operation and began to climb and jump on things, which stretched and inflamed her stitches. It was a long two weeks for us all.

Now mind, you, she was a kitten who LOVED to jump (she's a Manx, and jumping high is their "thang"), so that was certainly a contributing factor.

Must continue to read--just stopped on your post SK, to answer right away.

Oh my. J is humping everything. I've just watched him hump the couch, the couch's arm, a huge hassock, the footstool of another chair and a huge couch cusion which is on the ground. Gotta say, it's losing it's baby-ish charm. He also holds his penis during changes (luckily, his poo is so solid now, it doesn't get up there. Thank you for small mercies!). But his cousin did it and grew out of it, so here's hoping. L's brother, S, who is three years older than him, used to call it L's "Mad Bam," and my BIL and SIL went along with the name. It seemed better than "baby dry humping."

Okay, on to read more...

Borboleta--having been through the "clingy when I really need my hands and time" problem many times, I have discovered that tupperware and pots and pans with lids are my best friends. J will spend a looooooong time trying to find the right lid for just one pot. You can then even leave him afterwards--pots are like a cowbell. If they go silent, well...

Storm--It sounds like L had a great time! I'm sorry that the teething is so bad. Three molars at a time seem like cruel and unusual punishment!

Haha! I'm marking!!! Storm, your advice has been greatly appreciated, even if I only followed up on it a number of days later...

Oh, and I just discovered a plagiarizer. He handed in a fabulously written essay, but with information in it that he could not possibly know unless he had researched it. But he cited nothing. I gave the essay back to him so he could put in the proper citations, but just read his exam. His actual writing is horrible. Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater! No wonder he hasn't handed the essay back to me.

Ah, one of the very very very very very very very few benefits of marking. Catching evil people. I'm like a superhero! From here on out, please refer to me a "Supermarker!" (exclamation mark required), and not Clio.

Ooooh, marking makes me giddy...

Hi ladies

Hope you're all doing ok. A quick (selfish) update as I'm too pooped to do personal replies as just got in from the hospital, although the cuddly toy rape debacle has lifted me no end.

Grandma has indeed had a stroke. She was admitted on Thursday afternoon and spent 1.5 days in the Emergency Assessment Unit (where she was moved from as they needed the bed….). She was supposed to be scanned the day after admission but was only done this afternoon. I was absolutely furious that it has taken so long to have a definitive diagnosis and that she has had nearly 2 days without blood thinners. Mum and I were toying with taking her out this evening if she hadn't been scanned and arranging one privately. I suspect the delay in scanning was exacerbated by the fact that the stupid doctor who examined her at midnight on Thursday said he didn't think she'd had a stroke….

Been a pretty draining few days especially with the delays in diagnosis over something that was pretty obvious to us all. She'll be in until the middle of this week having physio as the main areas affected are vision and balance.

Anyway, enough on that. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

x

Bah. Turns out "evil plagiarizer guy"'s exam is excellent. Totally not a plagiarizer. I'm so not a marking superhero. So I insist we revert to my former name, "clio."

I'm sorry, but I'm just SO bored marking. :wacko: Eric won't endure my "marking comments" anymore and has taken J to Oma's. So, you are now the audience of my vitriol. :thumbup:

And J has been trying to thwart my marking efforts for weeks now, and it's really tiring. He just keeps trying to grab the students' essays and exams and my marking pens like it's his only goal in life.

Right! More coffee! Back to it! :coffee:

OMG! Jules--we must have posted at the same time!

I'm so sorry about your grandmother! This must be very hard on you, especially right now!

It seems to me that taking her private would be the best. If you have the option and the means, why not?

Hang in there, and I'll be thinking of you! :hugs:

Clio: again you are sooo funny:)!!! Hope J gets your sense of humor :thumbup:!

Jules: I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother! Emergency doctors are the worst :growlmad:!!! Is her balance and vision pretty bad at the moment? How old is she if you dont mind me asking? :hugs: to you and your family.

Thiago has been crabby today. Poor thing I think the right bottom molar is coming thru ( I felt it) but at least the other 3 are thru the gum. Not having the best nights but at least he just wakes up once. Like my mother in law says at least we just have 8 more to go :dohh:!!!

jules - am very sorry about your grandmother (Irish hospitals aren't much better than the NHS for dealing with over-70s), but perhaps your mum can raise hell with the doctors?

Daphne more 'normal' at the moment, e.g. resting a bit more, but we are/I am making sure that she eats her own tuna (Sabrina will try to eat, pushing the little cat out of the way, but hasn't been too pushy perhaps sensing Daphne's recovery?) and is sleeping okay.

Happy Mother's Day/Mothering Sunday to us 'Irish', Northern Irish and UK mummies - my morning consisted of getting up with LO at 7.15 and my OH staying in bed until 9.30 (or he just got up to make some coffee and will probably go back to sleep --!); Finn 'got me' flowers and a card (unsigned, so me thinks OH will try and use again next year?)...

hope all are well!

bye!!!!!

Happy mothers day everyone!

I got a butterfly helium balloon and flowers and a card (mine was doodled on and signed) and also paint handprints, a crayon covered card and a hanging heart decoration with a photo of L in it smiling from nursery. This is a vast improvement on the tree decoration with her where she had obviously been crying that really upset me!

Hope you all have a lovely day! Ps Sk give F a pen and get him to sign his card :)

Jules just wanted to send you hugs:hugs: my Grandma had a stroke too and was rushed in by ambulance,they did diagnose pretty quickly though,although the doctor that spoke to us that night said due to her age (97) having had a stroke and also signs of pneumonia they didn't expect her to live long........well,3 weeks later she was home!!:thumbup: so keep the faith my dear,hard as it is. Hopefully her vision and balance will restore sharpish. Remember to look after yourself too,as you need to keep well. I'm sure the thought of seeing her little Great Grandson soon will speed her recovery no end:thumbup:
:hugs::hugs:

not much of a mother's day here....OH slept until 12.30 and then went out around 4.30 to get a pot to cook a ham in..um, hello? So, LO and I are having fun together!

hope all are well, and thinking of you today in particular, storm....

bye!

Happy Mother's Day all :)

Got a lovely canvas print of the pic that is my avvie on FB and a lovely box of chocolates from Neuhaus. Didn't get a card "cause the boys cannot write." Ermm... riiight... but it doesn't matter to me as I am not huge on card writing myself lol

Had MIL and SIL over which was lovely. But am tired from cleaning lol Creatingpeace who used to be part of this group, posted this pic a few days ago and I couldn't agree more. Tomorrow is OH's birthday so not sure if I will have time to come on to catch up with personals. But will try.
Hope you are all well. Am sending lotsa hugs and sleepy dust :) xx

Happy mother's day to storm, angel, Claire, Jules,Sabrina,
Charlie and kosh.

Clio and I will wait until may :thumbup:.

Not much here. Thiago is suffering with the last molar to come out ( bless his heart). Just gave him some tylenol and hopefully that helps. I have been giving him Advil every night since I noticed his molars coming. Last night he finally Sttn again :happydance:. Slept from 10:15pm ( went out to commemorate my FIL's birthday and thiago ate a bunch !!!! iPad is our savior at restaurant :haha:! He is so well behaved :haha:) till 6:30am ( new time since we had to go forward one hour with the clock. So really his crazy 5:30am!!!). But I take that anyday :winkwink:!!!

Hope you ladies have a lovely evening:)!

Happy Mother's Day! I got some lovely choccies and body lotion, funnily s writing is very advanced so did get a card :) had breakfast in bed, but then me and Sophia always do, I have a very lovely OH :)

Had my mum around and cooked a roast and played with Sophia, nice day.

So sorry to hear about your grandma Jules, that's crap that she didn't get a scan straight away, I hope her recovery is going well though.

Clio I hope Monster has recovered from J's thrusting...I laughed so much when I read your post! Oh and I love slinky malinky! I have bought so many books for S, I need to stop bt I do adore children's books so much.

Angel yey for the boys massive crawling sessions, they'll be running around in no time!

SK glad all is well with Daphne.

Anyway I'm so tired so off to bed. Hope you all catch some decent shut eye.

Clio: I forgot to ask you if you ever read June B. Jones kids book series. It is for a little older kids but it is so funny and cute. I will definetely purchase them for thiago when he is a little older. He now enjoys dr. Seuss, fisher price little people books, Fujikawa beautiful illustration books and biscuit the dog.

Good morning ladies,

Angel: Here is a picture of Thiago's Robeeze that I told you about it. They are great. He slips and slides everywhere with socks or just with his jammies. IMG_1212.jpg

jules - sorry to hear about your grandmother :hugs: hope she recovers soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->