any other over 35 first time mums?

Evening all, so today was really my first day of being off work with L and no plans, tbh it felt a bit funny! We eventually got dressed after she played with her new kitchen and made me numerous cups of 'tea', took the dog to the park, ended up in the playpark after L had a meltdown about the swings (it was cold and they were wet!), came home had lunch, she went for a nap and then we went to the local shopping complex which was PACKED! Then tea, more playing, bathtime more playing and I've just put her to bed. I'm knackered! To all you SAHMs I commend you, its more tiring than going to work! Apart from the old man in the lift and the lady who served me in boots I haven't spoken to another grown up today. Dh is stuck on a late call. Its quite the adjustment from being in the office! Oh man, how am I coping with 2! I've only 6 weeks to go (still no name).... Talking if which, thanks to DHS crap organisation skills its more than likely I have to take L on my own to my next hospital appt on Friday .. can't wait to see how that goes! Hes working Friday night and more than likely won't be home on time, flipping raging.... Grrrr....

Clairey we too have reverted to cr@p sleep, between colds, teething and general over exhaustion its been rough, with L mixed with my heartburn and new baby kicking off and me at the getting stuck in bed stage its been a laugh..... Not! I also can't believe you are nearly 40, you look so young!

Clio so sorry the fog descended, I missed you and was relieved to see your post!

Sk hope you are having some fun, I just cant imagine taking L that far away! You are a brave woman, same for you Kosh! It must be hard for you ladies being so far away from family?

Indigo we really do have a lot of cats between us! I can't believe Poppy is still alive, I think she's 15 but with her thyroid problems she is so skinny, but in good form. L now calls the cats by name which given 3 of them are similar coloured tabbys impresses me :)

Leeze how are you?

Angel I would love to see the film! Some day...

Hmmm its suspiciously quiet in Ls room, I should go do what I need to incase this is the calm before the storm...

Sleep well ladies!

Just had to show you a pic of my sleeping angelic little Sebastian from this morning. There is something about sleeping babies that is just so heart melting (and as my OH says, as long as they have bottles and nappies I may call them my babies :blush: :cloud9:)

<3
IMG_4912.jpg

Will try and post more later. xxx

He looks like an Angel, Angel! Look at those eye lashes! Give him a kiss for me, please! :kiss: Dom, too! :kiss:

Angel that photo is just precious! I love watching them sleep, so so cute x

Happy New Year everyone! Xxx

Happy New Year to all you lovely ladies! Looking forward to another year with you all :D

Yes, happy new year ladies!! I can't believe I turn 40 and my baby turns 2!!!
Xxx

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
:kiss: to all

----
ETA - OMG angel, sooo sweet!!

Happy new year everyone!!! Had a blast with all you my friends this last year:). Love all of you and our LOs!!

Claire: happy 40th!! It is not that bad:). And happy 2 Lucy:)!!!

Angel: I love the pic of Seb!!! I took one to thiago yesterday too:).

Storm: I am reading what you wrote to my OH about SAHM:). You are lovely:).

Going to a basketball game with the family now. Talk to you ladies next year lol!!!

Hey- I'm not 40 until Sunday!! Don't make me older than I am.......I'm still 39 until then! Lol
&#128539;&#128539;
Xx

Well, 2014 has arrived and I am sick &#128554;
I have flu type symptoms and feel rubbish!
Not the best start. Df goes back to work tomorrow.......I hope I feel better!?
Xx

Happy new year everyone:).

Claire: I hope you didn't get the flu:(. Can you find any help for Lucy?

Yesterday I tried to put thiago down at 9:30pm and everytime I tried to put him down ( he seemed asleep) he would wake up :growlmad:!! Maybe the fireworks didn't help. So I was in his room till 10:30pm!!! Than I say goodnight to everyone cause I know that the little stinker will wake up at 6:30am. He than manage to wake up at 5:15am :growlmad:!! But I am so out of it that I think it is 6:15am. But I decided that he was fine and I was too tired to go get him so waited another 20 min and look at the clock again and realized it wS only 5:35am :happydance::growlmad:!!! So I just turn to the other side of the bed and turn off the sound in the monitor and managed to sleep till 6:45am and thiago was still awake! So it will be an early nap for us here and hopefully bed time too :thumbup:.
So as you can see a super exciting New Years for me here :dohh:!

The fireworks woke up N, too.

We had peeps over & played cards & had drinks & food. I was glad that he woke up because everyone left shortly afterwards...:haha: Then I watched Top of the Lake until 5 am... I just got up....the boys let me sleep in...

Sorry you're sick, Claire & I hope your boys let you nap today, B...:hugs:

:hi: & :hug: to everyone!

Happy New Year!! Had some champagne last night, first time I've had alcohol in over 2 years!?!

Angel - what a sweet, sweet picture of S <3

Kosh - so glad you and G are having such a fun time! Love hearing about your trip!

Been reading and enjoying everyone's posts, but feel so much busier lately with oh off from work??? Well, he's back tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll miss his help.

Blake is doing great, we all had a really fun Christmas. He actually liked all his presents (only gave him 5-6, truck, book, teddy bear, broke down and bought him Lettersauras (singing plastic thing) which he loves). He had fun in a big box with lots of tissue paper, too! I also bought him some duplo Legos but saving those for when he's more ready, maybe this summer.

Hugs everyone :hugs:

Happy New Years, all! And Happy Belated Birthday to both Lucy and Lydia! :cake: :cake: Do we get a pic of Lucy's cake, Claire? I love looking at them!

Angel--OMG! Of course he's still your baby--the pic is undeniable evidence!

J is being very funny these days. He's discovered that my new vacuum cleaner is very easy to use (which is why I bought it), and has taken it over. He vacuumed for HOURS last night, and then for hours this morning. Then he took a break and set himself up at the coffee table like Mummy and Daddy. LOL!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/11689218074_31a4e7ca0f.jpg

ETA--we went to bed early last night; OH wakes at 4 am everyday (I know! :shock:) to get work done before J gets up, because J is waking at 5 am every morning. I've suggested this might be because he's hearing OH downstairs, but OH refuses to entertain this possibility. I was just tired.

Indigo--thanks for mentioning Top of the Lake! I now have my next marathon to watch! It looks really good!

finally arrived home and after a nap (LO still asleep), making dinner, unpacking, etc., whilst OH? playing with the (his?) new laptop, typical!

the first flight back from Phoenix to Chicago was okay - they gave him his 'own' seat and he slept a bit, etc., but the flight from Chicago to Dublin....um. He sat in my seat and was very impressed with himself that he could lock the seatbelt, but was very unimpressed that it was my seat and not his, and he would have to sit on daddy's lap. Then hours of over-tiredness until they finally turned the cabin lights down low enough for all 11 (eleven!) babies to finally sleep....and our next door seat couple and their little girl were very friendly and it turns out that the woman works for the studio that makes Shaun the Sheep (they were going to catch a flight over to Bristol later) and we were both over 35-first time mums!

the 'holiday' home was ok, my stepfather got annoyed by the last day or so, so we stayed in a hotel, and we decided that the next time, we would probably make it short and sweet and only stay for a day or two at my mom's and then go elsewhere, but I am NOT getting on another plane for a long, long, long time....aargh!

and we returned to the neighbours' blinking, flashing lights and the huge satellite dish moved up a floor (as the neighbour on the other side kept changing its direction as a sign of protest - hehehe!), but thankfully, they were quiet this afternoon so I could sleep a bit....and returning from warm, sunny arizona to snow in chicago and then, cold, wet rain in Dublin and we all felt miserable....

hugs to all and to all, good sleep!

bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back