any other over 35 first time mums?

Don't worry Clio, you haven't missed Lucy's birthday, it's not until the 15th 😉
Xxx

Help! 2nd day of no nap, seriously no, I need that half hour or so.... Arghhhh

I totally hear you storm! Lucy was dreadful over Christmas and barely slept. I blamed the excitement/disruption. It has slightly improved now we have a bit more of our " normal" routine back.
I know you must really need that small window right now!
I hope it's just a phase.
Xxx

we did have a nice long nap, but not much sleep on the planes, so am really dreading tonight....aargh!

hugs to all....

bye!

Are you home again, SK? You must be shattered!

We're fine on the sleeping front (though we seem to be averaging one nap every second day), but eating? Nope. I'm using every trick in the book to get him to eat. Today I had his dinner in front of me and pretended to eat it. Of course, then he wanted it... But that's the most I've gotten into him for days. How DO they actually thrive and grow???

Rookie mistake. We made sugar cookies & let N have 3. He was up until 9:15. :dohh:
He took off his jammies & diaper & ran around the house. DH is now refusing to put together the storage furniture I bought for N's toys because it's my fault he was up so late. Oh well....I'll just do it myself...:shrug:

No naps? I thought that didn't happen until 4-5 yo? I wouldn't survive...there's just no way....:nope:

:hug: ladies!

a HORRIBLE night - all of us jet-lagged...aargh! I thought LO was okay, after a later bath and he went straight to sleep around 10-11pm, but was awake from 1.30 to almost 6am - screaming and crying, OH helped from 2.30 to 4.00, but I sent him back to his own bed, but needless to say, LO didn't go to creche today and slept from 6am to 12pm...it was awful.

going to curl up now for a few minutes.....aargh.

bye!

Horrible night here too, I ended up lifting her just after 12 she was so distressed about 'santa the bad man'... Then when she came in with me, she cried and moaned and tossed and turned all night... 4 bottles of milk, a bottle of dilute juice and 3 nappies and then she was screaming for daddy! Thank goodness today is a nursery day (first since 20th Dec) so shes away there for the day and I'm in bed but my back and hips hurt so much I'm going to have to get up... Moan, grumble, moan.....

Sorry about the bad nights ladies, so sad little L keeps getting so scared :(

SK - enjoyed hearing about your trip, too, how did Finn like the Gand Canyon? We went when I was a teenager, so im sure things have changed, but I remember the lack of safety rails. Did you have to hold/carry Finn a lot, or are there more safe viewing areas now? We're you able to stock up on your fav American products?

Oh back to work today, and I woke up to snow, very pretty, looks like a winter wonderland here again :)

We spent some more time baby proofing the downstairs, so Blake has been able to explore a lot more lately. Biggest fun is banging on the front of the dishwasher while shrieking and singing (?) He's also starting to like to crawl after the kitties, until he gets distracted by something more fun lol! He is so gentle with the kitties, though, I'm quite surprised. He's big on banging on most stuff, but with the kitties, he very slowly and carefully puts out his hand and gently touches them, so sweet! He likes their ears and paws the best right now ha ha!

I don't know what's up with L at night, she's perfectly fine during the day! Shes sociable, funny and the life and soul if the party, my dad reckons she just has a vivid imagination! Poor pet!

Arghhh I'm so mad, oh is working tonight, I thought he was doing 7.30 til 7.30 (its a 45 minute drive on a clear run with no late calls), turns out he is working 8 til 8 and my hospital appointment is at 9am. So I was mad before he hadn't booked it off as it was going to be tight with the distinct possibility he wouldn't make it... Now its pretty much certain. So now I have to get up with L get ready and out and down to see the consultant with a 2 year old, where I will more than likely get a scan and blood test... Got to go L on top of me..

hugs, storm - at least, we have an 'excuse'/reason for LO's tantrums last night and are crossing our fingers that he will sleep tonight (currently having a bath...)

kitty - LO was definitely not impressed by the Grand Canyon, but we did keep a very close/tight hold on him when we went along the unfenced area and I refused to even go within 20 feet of the edge with him, but he was so cranky (and cold) that I doubt he even noticed....

after some reflections on our trip...remember how I mentioned that my step-dad got annoyed with us

Mom said she'd have a high chair - she didn't.
Mom said not to bring any extra clothes for LO (as my cousin and aunt would bring, she didn't ask, so....so I only brought enough for 3+ days, not 15 days - (and the washing machine broke)....
Mom said she would get safety gates - she didn't
My brother drank loads of wine - we bought our own (for the most part)
My brother made a mess in the bathroom - i cleaned it every day
My brother didn't even get presents for anybody - we did (t-shirts of Ireland for kids, calendars for adults and i organised flowers for my mom's birthday)and who was criticised for...

not having brought enough clothes....
not having a highchair or having rented/borrowed one....
not properly supervising LO around plugs, christmas tree and the swimming pool (and believe me, we ran after him all the time!)
drinking loads of wine (we bought beer, and brought our red wine the two nights we did have it)
for taking too much time in the bathroom and using all the hot water (hard to do when you are the last one of 7 to use!)

so the moral of the story - you CAN go home again, but it's from when you are a teenager!

aargh...enough said. fortunately, my aunt and uncle did see that I was under alot of pressure and when my stepfather made comments, did defend me, but obviously, my brother sat there with a chesire grin and it was like being 12 again...argh....

okay, rant over, but after OH and I discussed and why we were arguing so much, I think he understands alot better why he was the only one I could vent against....

better go and see after LO, but now, it is almost peaceful the attempts to escape, the attempted bitings, etc...and the cats are home, but Daphne is meowing her discontent...yeah, kitty, sure....off for a cuddle with kitty first and then, hopefully, sleep!

bye!

Sabrina: I am so sorry you had a bad time during your trip:(. Was this your first time your mom saw finn? How old is your brother?

Storm: I wish I was closer to you to help. Sometimes I read your post and I get overwhelmed by just reading it :dohh:! I cannot imagine you with a 2 year old and pregnant. Maybe this is a preparation of what life will be with two :wacko:. Okay now I think I am done with getting pregnant :haha:. Again you are a super woman and I will love to hear your stories when the baby comes out :thumbup:. So I can really make up my mind :haha:. OH talked again about having another and I said no :haha:.

Kitty: so cute that Blake likes banging on things. Maybe he will be a drummer someday :haha:. And I miss OH home too after some good time off. The house feels really empty after everyone left.

Indigo: I give sweets to thiago everyday so I never notice major super rush like n had :haha:. That is so funny that he took his Jammies off :haha::haha:!!! He is a striker :haha: ( did a write that correctly?). And you sound like me if OH doesn't want to do something I do it. You should see me putting this huge box of Christmas stuff up in the garage addict :dohh:!! I wish someone was filming it. I had one foot on the top of the ladder and the box was just big and bulky and a bit heavy so with the other leg I put the weight on the other leg and lifted to where I had to put the box . It was like I was doing a ballet movement on the last step of a totally unsafe ladder!! But it is done!

Thiago is sleeping wonderfully!! Yesterday down at 8pm till his usual 6:20am and down again from 12:30pm till 3:30pm:). Love it!!!! Hopefully he will be asleep today by 8:30pm :thumbup:.

I better go get him. Will reply more later:).

Omg kill me now L has started again... What the heck do I do? She's half asleep, dh is at work, I can't take another night like last night... Its just like the hell we went through (ha I mean I went through) for the first year of her life. She's had calpol incase she is pain.. I just don't know what to do *sob*

:hugs: Storm. I don't what to suggest that would help. Sounds like she gets very over stimulated and her little brain is racing at night. But no idea how you can change that as she seems into everything. Grrrrr to your DH about his night shift

I am popped, work has been manic and have been doing silly, 12 to 1am shifts and Sophia's sleep has been hit and miss, so I am off to sleep.

Will catch up with all soon and write a proper piece, night x

Oh storm, I'm so, so sorry!
I'm not in any position to offer advice really ( we are just as bad) but know that I am with you to support you!
Big big hugs
Xxx

have pm'ed storm as am the closest...........

Borboleta - parents came over last summer (2012) to 'meet' LO and the visit was very good and previous (2010) visit was good as well -- I think my brother's 'non-action' and loads of visitors, etc. made it very difficult this time. I'm not very happy with my own behaviour, BUT if you have a 22 month old, sorry -- there will be teething, etc.

LO did fall asleep after bath, but then woke up at 1am (OH's night) and brought calpol and a bottle and said if still fussy in a half hour, would bring tea biscuit and sliced apple...........aargh!

(brother is 14 months older and was/is (?) the golden child who could do no wrong and I could do no right, but had thought that that had changed over the last 10 years, but............).......

hugs!

almost 3am - ate the snacks, but screaming nevertheless..............aargh!

How was your night in the end storm??
I woke up and wondered how you and Lydia were??
I feel like I'm swallowing golf balls this morning :-((
Just nice for my birthday on Sunday :-(( I feel as rough as I look!
Hugs to all.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"