any other over 35 first time mums?

Hi ladies, in the end our night for us was ok! Major crying at the start of the night and some minor crying through the night but no nightmares or shouting etc.. and up at 6am, well awake and chatting but not crying so im ok with being bounced on!

Sk my mum much as I loved her never really got that I was a grown up woman! It's a parent thing, they drive you nuts!

In the end oh made it to the hospital, thank goodness as they took lots of measurements and it was hard enough with him and L! New baby is looking good, now head down (hurrah) and measuring a guesstimated 6lbs. The Dr couldn't confirm if it was definitely a girl as the little monkey wasn't for showing anything. I'm going with girl though, it will be a right shock if it's a boy! With L they confirmed girl at this scan.

Anyway oh is sleeping, I've lit the fire and L and I are waiting for my friend from work to show. In other news as of 11th Jan Miss L will be going to tiny tutus which mummy thought was a good idea, im keen to see how it goes lol :)

Arghh people drive me nuts, my friend from work replies now asking what time suits, it's 45 min drive and it's 12, lyds needs lunch now, I don't think I can hold her off that long, she is used to lunch really early because of nursery!

Storm: i am so glad that you had a better night :happydance:. When is your due date again? And I totally agree that some people are clueless. Kids cannot wait an extra 45 min to eat :growlmad:! Unless they want a hungry and tired baby around the and they cannot complain than :growlmad:!!!

Claire: sorry you are still sick. Is Lucy feeling any better? What are you doing for your birthday?

Charlie: sorry you are having crazy hours at work. How are you adjusting?
Is your OH taking good care of S?

Clio: thiago is in the no eating fase again too. Like you said I dot know how they survive and grow :dohh:! Yesterday he had a little bit of bananas and cereal for breakfast; some pitta chips and half of a falafel for lunch; half of a cookie for a little afternoon snack and half of a chicken nugget and one fig newton for dinner. That was it!

We got this beautiful dishwasher for Christmas and it worked huge first time I used and now it doesn't work anymore :growlmad:!!! No water coming in the dang thing!!!! So after spending one hour on the phone trying to figure it out who to call they are coming to take a look next Tuesday :growlmad:!!!! So my MIL called kitchen aid yesterday for me to complain and tell them we need a replacement and not for them to come take a look. A love my MIL. She is just like my OH on the phone with customer service :haha:. I feel sorry for them :haha:! So I need to call her today and see what happened cause I was in class yesterday day when she called them. I miss my dishwasher :cry:!!

Thiago woke up at his usual 6:15am. Hope he is hungry.

A totally selfish moany post here!

I have organised a birthday gathering for me and my girl friends.
I sorted it back in November and everyone confirmed the date etc.
I sent a follow up email yesterday just giving more details etcetc and now loads of people have cried off! I'm so pissed off/ upset!
What makes me more upset is that I would have loved to been able to invite all you ladies, as quite frankly I sometimes think we all have more in common than some of my friends 😉 why do most of you all live so far away??!!!

Anyway.......storm, I'm glad your night wasn't as bad as you expected and that dh made your appointment! 😛
Xxx

Clairey I hate that! I never say I'm going to do something unless I fully intend to and the only reason I cant is if I'm sick! My dad says I expect too much of people... I guess I do! Wish I could come to your party :)

My friend arrived (she has 2 kids so she knows all about the eating thing) and thankfully the kids all got on great. She's gone now as L was melting down she was so tired, this is a bad time for a nap but there is no way I could keep her up!

Due date is 11th Feb and scarily now have my appt to discuss induction on 13th if I don't go before then! Scary!

Morning! Blakey is absorbed in playing with some books, so thought I'd get a chance to post! I love how he can entertain himself sometimes :) Also opening and closing the door compartment on his dresser (and banging it repeatedly) is soooo fun lol!

Angel - meant to say we're just like you and your oh, we are also distrustful of people and have no idea when we will ever leave B without either of us around. And to think of how many parents called me to babysit multiple children and gave me the run of their house when I was 11 or 12? I can't even imagine that now! Maybe we'll feel differently once they're older?
I doubt it! :haha:

Claire - oh, I'm so sorry! That's very rude for those girls to cancel at the last minute. I'd be disappointed (and a little hurt) too. I wish I could come and celebrate with you! Some day hopefully we'll get together. Big, big hugs :hugs::hugs:

Storm - very glad your appt went well, all looks good, and your dh made it in time!!! Wonderful news! <3

Borboleta - oh no about the dishwasher! I hope your mil gets it all sorted out for you, and it's a quick fix. How much does usually Thiago eat on a good day?

I have no idea as I'm still feeding B organic jarred goo (as we jokingly call it). Although it was funny, when Dan had all this time off, B didn't eat much, once even sat and cried in his highchair (only time he ever did that, we blamed teething, and that meal ended before it started). Last 2 days though, Dan's been back at work, B has eaten well both mornings and seemed to enjoy it. I think daddy is a big giant distraction! :haha:

SK - sounds like you had such a rough night :hugs:

How long do you ladies leave your Christmas decorations up? We like to enjoy them through January, so I'll probably leave up for another 3 weeks?

Clio - saw on the news we're getting arctic air moving in next week, will be a high of 2 degrees (and that's not counting wind chill). Don't even want to guess what temps you'll get out of that..brrrrrr! Need a new kitty update please, any fun kitten antics you could share? Sending hugs xxx

Well, guess I'll start on some laundry as B is still happily making his room look like hurricane Blakey came through!

Borboleta, I was just stacking my dishwasher there thinking poor you! I hope you get it sorted soon, back to washing up liquid and water for you until then :) x

Storm, just saw your post. Yes! My mom (and my nan used to) says the same thing about me expecting too much from people!

Hi guys. I've read nothing, I'm afraid.

But here's some news! I was in an car accident! Not a bad one, so don't start to worry. Edmonton has only two highways. One goes through the middle of the city, which is a dismal drive, and the other goes around the city--a ring road--that is essentially the prairie. It is amazing to drive on this road. All around you is this immense, bright blue sky, and vast waves of pure white snow. But, it makes for tricky driving, with black ice and slick, slick snow on the road. I was going slowly, and our car has every safety feature imaginable, but still, when a big truck, which was really far ahead, stopped, I knew that I was skidding too fast and was going to hit it. So I did the only thing I could think of: I turned my wheel, gunned it, and drove right over the ditch and into a massive snow dune. The snow flew up against the windshield when I landed, and it felt...awesome. Like a huge release. The snow was soft and plentiful, so I knew the car was safe, and I wasn't there for long. At first, a few macho men stopped to see if they could get me out with their pickups, but to no avail. But then this really nice tow truck guy came by, and he said that he had been helping people out of ditches all day, and would I like a hand? That's the one thing I've noticed about Albertans; everyone is really, really nice here. Anyway, the car is fine, and I was not harmed.

In other news, J is crazy, crazy, crazy determined to talk. He repeats what we say all the time, trying to get the tenses and the nouns and the pronouns. He talks really slowly, so you can tell he's really thinking between words, trying to figure out what comes next. The first thing J said this morning was: "Daddy! Mummy...put...Jonah...in...a...tiger...outfit." (He was wearing a fleece sleep suit with a tiger theme.) Then, "Tiger has ears!" and he showed OH the sleeper's cute tiger feet.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7417/11726986896_ce821a9cda.jpg

And today we built a castle out of the new/used Mega Bloks I bought. Borboleta, you'll like this story! Once we were finished the castle, J began to make a flag pole at the top. He wanted a flag, too, and when I asked him what it should say, he said, "Don't Touch!"

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/11726209565_518f8c8329.jpg

Then he destroyed the castle. (For those of unfamiliar with the world of Pocoyo, this story is based on one of the episodes.)

Sorry for the entirely self-centred post. But I've now read a tiny bit back, and I hope you got your dishwasher fixed, Borboleta! And that for once your day today won't be too crazy, Storm. Kitty, we're headed into a deep freeze of -30 today. And that's without the windchill! Apparently our cold front is heading on to Europe, so have fun, you UKers, as I'm sure it'll make a stop chez vous, as well! And sadly I don't have any kitten stories, Kitty, because she's acting like every other kitten I know. She loves only me, and sleeps only with me, though. But she's tolerating J very well.

Okay, time to post before I lose this!

Kitty I missed your post! I know L goes to nursery but apart from that I never leave her with anyone, certainly not some random babysitter! Therefore dh and I simply don't go out if we cant take her!

Clio I'm so glad you are ok after your accident and I wish J and L could have an afternoon together for a good old chat! Ls speech is way better than the little girl who was here earlier and shes 8 months older.

The weather is wet and windy here, so we have the fire lit, I'm roasting!

Oh little baby is kicking and dh and a L are watching iceage, good times x

Indigo I think 10 to 16 is considered normal? I think mine is 11 :)

Quickie...

11 day luteal phase is ok, right?

Yep 12 to 16 is normal, 11 and 12 borderline, but most likely fine. Anything under 10 is a deficit.
Mine was 11 last month for the first time since AF returned and look how excited I got, so I would say :thumbup:

Are you thinking of TTC again??

Ohhhh Indigo, you go girl, I thought you were still undecided :)

Quickie...

11 day luteal phase is ok, right?

Yep 12 to 16 is normal, 11 and 12 borderline, but most likely fine. Anything under 10 is a deficit.
Mine was 11 last month for the first time since AF returned and look how excited I got, so I would say :thumbup:

Are you thinking of TTC again??

Looks like I'm 11-12. Should I bother w a B complex? I really hate pills!

Oh, & N was a soy baby. CD 2-3 (80 mg) & CD 4-6 (160 mg). 11 day LP.

Why don't I remember this stuff? I'm like a newbie again. Glad FF remembers...

Hi everyone

Indigo: you go girl:). I will be waiting here to hear you, Charlie and Kitty got your BFPs:). Sometimes we overthink things. But I am still undecided too :haha:. I just know that now it is not the time for us. And if it doesn't happen that is okay. So maybe you should try and if it doesn't happen it is okay and if it doesn't how wonderful:). I am waiting to hear from storm her experience :haha:.

Clio: I loved loved loved the picture of J's tiger feet :kiss:!!! My godness that was so cute!!! And I laughed at your story about the building a cAstle and saying don't touch :haha:. Thiago would be totally there to destroy the castle!!! I try to build something and I have to put my body over the blocks so he cannot touch otherwise I will just stack two blocks and it is all gone. Than after the knocks them out he comes running to the kitchen to "tell me" he touched :dohh:. He doesn't actually say it but he wants you to say " oh no thiago you touched!!!" And he smiles. Little stincker :haha:.
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt on your accident! How scary!!!
And 30 below freezing :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:!!! How can you live in a place like that!!!! I was in a bad mood when it was 30 degrees outside the other day :dohh:!!!! How do you entertain a toddler inside the house the whole day? I have to say sometimes I just go to walmart to let thiago run around and burn some energy if it is too cold outside :haha:.

Claire: I am so sorry a lot of your friends are not going to your party:(. That must hurt:(. I would feel the same way as you too:(. I wish I was closer and I would go for sure. I agree with you and I feel that this little gourd here became more of friends to me that real friends. I am not a person that has tons of friends to begin with but that is just how it is specially with small children it is hard to keep up.
Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and you are a hot 40 year old momma :thumbup:.

And the dishwasher ordeal is still not completely resolved but after the guy that installed the dishwasher came by and took a look and made the dishwasher work again, right after he left I turned the dishwasher back on again and it wouldn't work ( no water coming in) I put the puzzle together and took the bottom piece that buffs the sounds of the motor and voila... The dishwasher is working again :dohh:. So now I will wait till Tuesday so another person can come in and fix the problem. Maybe the bottom piece was jamming the water pipe :shrug:.
I have to go and wash my hair. Just dyed my hair. I can't believe how much gray hair I have!!! Bye:).

Another quickie....sorry....help please?

Opk
- @ noon
+ @ 4:15

I have 1 shag in me. WHEN SHOULD WE DTD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->