any other over 35 first time mums?

Kosh, thinking of you...hope you're doing well and hope you will consider joining our secret Facebook group. We miss you!!! xxx

miss u, kosh --- maybe pm one of us, and we can at least exchange email addresses?

hugs!

hey, finn will be 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days old tomorrow!

join us, kosh!

hugs

I kind of miss this thread :-( I miss you too Kosh, I hope you and G are doing well and live in hope the sleep deprivation has subsided a tiny bit!

I miss it too! And kosh! How can we do both?

storm, charlie, angel, clio - come back! :winkwink:

brief update on us
we're doing fine but I am still ridiculously busy and stressed out with work. although I must admit that it is slowly getting easier.
Gael is doing great, after christmas we def had a language explosion and now he's just talking non stop and coming up with very funny comments. He tells you what he likes and what he 'knows'. train journeys are not that stressful anymore because we can have conversations :thumbup: he's also extremely nosy so he often wants me to ask other people their names! :haha:
the other day he found a little suitcase DH had bought for him, so he took it downstairs and asked me for a bag and put some bread and water and then took his keys and asked me open the main door for him. I thought he'd just go down the steps and come back in but he waved goodbye and went off pulling along his suitcase! had to chase after him. when I brought him back I asked him where he was going to and he said 'take a taxi' :cloud9:

hope you are all doing well
:hugs:

Hi Kosh, G is a funny boy, taking his suitcase to get a taxi, did he tell you where he was planning on going?

kosh my dear, we haven't forgotten you and I am still hoping you will eventually come and join us. I hope you and G are doing well? Would love an update please! :hugs:

I miss this thread actually but think maybe we have become too lazy now for our long posts. :/

angel I saw your answer to my thread so I thought I post here....

how is everyone?!

I'm ok, still very very stressed about work and with almost no free time. I find my not-so-new job extremely demanding and I am always behind :nope: I really hope this eases at some point, otherwise I will collapse!

Gael on the other hand is doing great :thumbup: Over the last two months his language grew soooo much, it is amazing to watch. He asks 'why' to everything and also gives you the funniest explanations! eg:
me: Gael can you come upstairs please?
G: no, I can't
me: why?
G: I can't go up because I am down here!

He caught chicken pox a week or so ago but luckily it was quite mild. I had to take a few days off as he couldn't go to nursery of course.

Today he helped me with the dishes - I washed and he rinsed! :thumbup:
He is very much into role-play too, the most recent one is playing shopkeepers - he asks you what you want (it has to be clothes) and looks for them in the drawers, puts them in a bag and when you ask him how much it is he says '8' and then gives you money :shrug:
I think this is my fault as when we go shopping and we pay I always let him keep the change! :dohh:

time to go to bed
hope you are all ok!
:kiss:

First of all, how wonderful to hear from you! We really miss you!
Sounds like G is doing so well! And I absolutely want to hear more about his wish to sleep in his own bed and his own room?! Does this mean he is actually sleeping now? Can this be true?? I really hope so for your sake. Especially with the stressful job!
Glad the chicken pox weren't so bad for him. Did you get to relax a little when you stayed home with him or did you just have to work from home?
I love your description of G playing shop keeper! How cute is that!? My boys are no where near there yet. Playing feeding or bouncing their cuddly toys or their playmobil animals and people on their knees like I do with them, is about all they do in that way.

Otherwise my boys are doing well. Sebastian was diagnosed with speech delay in February but then promptly had a language explosion and I cannot count the words he has now. He is making sentences a lot too but not as well as G but then neither does Dominic. However, we have another speech assessment with Sebastian at the end of the month and I am hoping that he has now caught up enough to be discharged. He never had any therapy as I didn't think he needed it when he suddenly started talking. So I am hopeful that the therapist will agree with me. :)

We really miss hearing from you and wish you would come to FB. But I can understand that chatting on FB with us sounds impossible when you have so little free time anyway. Does you DH not help at all still or is that a little better? I hope so!

Sending tons of hugs and best wishes to you and G xx

PS I would so love to see a new piccie of your gorgeous G so I thought I would post one of my boys too. :)

Dominic wearing the inner circle of his scooter helmet like a hairband :haha:
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Dominic%20and%20Sebastian/IMG_7604_zps81a3ab0c.jpg

Sebastian getting ready to go to the paddle pools in the park
https://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s313/Angelique_the_Mage/Dominic%20and%20Sebastian/IMG_7422_zpsdc3292bd.jpg

wishing you would join us, kosh!

am back in ireland at the moment, trying to persuade OH that moving to the london area is a GOOD idea....

Finn has also had a language explosion and is saying every word we say, etc.

please come to FB!

hugs,

Today I wanted to come and say thank you kosh. 2 years ago today I joined this thread and through it I have met such a lovely group of ladies, who enrich my life every day and in so many ways. I have found friends who are always willing to listen, who are sympathetic, are ready to laugh and to cry with me. And vice versa. This would not have happened without you and your thread, dear kosh, so I am very grateful. And we still miss you!
Sending you lots of hugs and all my best wishes as always xxx

I could not put it any better than Angel did, kosh. We miss you so much, and hopefully you will join us one day. You are still an integral part of this group!

angel I just saw you 'thanked' me in a thread so I came to check this one and found your lovely message! :hugs: (and your clio too)
how do you remember when did you join the thread? :winkwink:
I was actually thinking about you all today. Just wondering how everyone was...please send my love to everyone :kiss:

your boys are gorgeous! I think I never asked you - I remember seeing a picture of your OH and Seb looks just like him to me. Does Dom look more like you?

I will try and post a picture of Gael. Need to get DH to send me some (they are all in his computer) :dohh:

He's such a sweet boy. We went to see my mum off at the airport a couple of days ago, and I cried when she left. He looked at me and said 'are you sad mama?':cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->