• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any other over 35 first time mums?

Awe you poor thing! Sounds like so much on your plate at once! Glad that conference is over though and hopefully things will now start to improve. What sort of infection was it? Is he ok now or is it still going on? Hope he isn't too poorly poor baby! xx

thanks angel! he's definitely on the mend now :thumbup: it was some odd viral infection that was affecting his mouth - his tongue had white patches and his gums seemed swollen :nope: he complained it hurt and would spit out all the food! he was very upset and frustrated poor thing.
he's eating ok now so I think the worst of that is over.
but he's been moved to the 2-3 year olds room at nursery and he's very unsettled. he sobs and sobs when I leave him :cry:

Oh no! Poor boy! Is there no way he can be in his old room for a bit longer? I suppose he is over 2 now so should be with older kids but are they very rigid about it? Must be heartbreaking for you every day. :(
And the mouth thing sounds like thrush? Is that what it was? I do hope it is over now!

Allegedly the nursery has been flexible and has allowed him to stay in his old for one extra month.... I could have insisted to delay the move but at the same time I knew he would suffer whenever it happened. But it breaks my heart, he keeps crying calling for his old key worker...

question for other ladies with LOs in nursery - how difficult/easy was the transition?

Kosh I am dreading L being moved up to the next room, she is totally besotted with one of the girls in her current room, Alicia who she calls Leeshaw, I don't want to think how bad she will be when she gets moved.... Poor G :(

L has had oral thrush a couple of times, not that I'm saying that's what G had but when she had it her mouth was really sore, we used daktarin gel to sort it, but I don't know what causes it!

I'm sure you are utterly exhausted, just to let you know LJ is already a much much better sleeper than L was, we can't get over it. She's up for lots of night feeds but goes back to sleep whereas L screamed half the night... We aren't used to this easy baby thing!

Hi kosh,

Poor little G:(. Glad to hear he is doing better though. And the nursery, poor thing:(. Can you leave him in there for a couple of months more? I will have a terrible time whenever thiago goes to school! I just know it :dohh:!

Thiago just turned two and we had a lot of fun with his pocoyo party:). I have pictures on our private fb:). We will love if you could join us:).

I took him to the doctor today for his 2 year check up and his two bottom molars are picking out of his gums :happydance:!! He is whining a lot lately so that is the reason. He had to take the second dosage of MMR today and hepatitis B. Poor thing. Look like he was ran over by a train:(!

Bye!

Finn was okay with the transition from wobbler to toddler, but he instigated the change, e.g they all eat breakfast together and for about a week, he would try to follow them into the toddler room and start crying and screaming to join them. I wasn't sure about moving him, but he was definitely determined, so they moved him about a month early and for the most part, he seems much happier - part of it was probably his boredom with the 'old' toys and since they are together for meals and naps, it's not too much of a change. Plus, it seems he has finally grown out of the bitings (yeah!) and where we used to have a bite almost every day, now it's every few weeks (sigh of relief), so smiles all around.

I'm sorry about the tears, kosh - hopefully, he will settle a little better as he gets used to the staff?

as for me, growl....I have an interview for a good job next Friday in Belfast as some of you know and at least, will meet storm next week, at least she can console me afterwards as part of it is a latin exam (I tried a passage tonight and can do it in about 30-40 minutes, but I need a dictionary).....!

not much else here....!

hugs!

Happy Birthday Kosh! Hope today will be a good day for you and that your little G lets you sleep lots! Sending you tons of hugs and my best wishes. :hugs: xxx

Didn't want you to think I forgot you kosh so wanted to point to my last post on the previous page ;) Happy Birthday again and hope you get spoilt by your men xx

Happy Birthday, Kosh!!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way! :hugs::hugs:

Happy birthday Kosh! Hope you're having a wonderful day and hope to see you on FB one day when you get some time xx

Happy Birthday, kosh!

and it's my little cat's birthday today, too!
(she's 13!).......

hugs!

Feliz cumpleanos my friend:). Feliz aniversario da sua Amiga online brasileira kosh:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->