any other over 35 first time mums?

No idea if that counts or is not advised but how about potato? Easy to mash and delish :)

:hi: Welcome to the thread, Storm! I have an 8 month old too!

Re: Poo--no sign of undigested food, but his poos are sooo much thicker now.

really?? mm that's a bit worrying...maybe G is swallowing food to quickly and not chewing it enough? it's not only carrots, i can identify everything in his nappy! should i ask the doc/HV?

How mushy is the food you're giving him?
I've been trying to give him mushy/soft food so he can take it in but also digest it. But food with protein in it. Minced meat has been working really well--beef, turkey, chicken. Easy to get down without choking. Firm tofu is easy, too. As for veg, we stick to broccoli. He loves it and I know he won't choke on it. Also, it's only 3 min in the microwave.

Hmmnnn... I guess I should expand his veg repertoire, but they are actually the things that make me scared.

But I have to say, he still gets down so little. But maybe enough to thicken his poo?

how mushy? not mushy at all! :haha: I've just done some reading and it seems it is ok to find quite a bit of undigested food. maybe J is not swallowing that much? I remember the first few times te 'ate' G's poo was thicker but couldn't see anything in it, but now is not only thicker but full of stuff (sorry if anyone is having breakfast! :winkwink:). I know he's swallowing much more as the food is nowhere to be found :thumbup:

G used to gag loads before but he hardly does it now,he's much more confident in teh way he moves food around his mouth etc. I was very scared too at the beginnig, but I am amazed at how much progress he's made.
so far we've had: brocoli, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, courgette, peppers, potatos. then apple, peach, prune, kiwi, melon, grapes and banana. then toast, bread, rice cakes. haven't tried any protein though

Hey, gang--

Well, LO (and me) survived his immunisations yesterday; he had a little fever last night (37.2), but was still in good spirits and slept from 10.45 to 7am (yeah!...he did go down around earlier last night 7.20, but woke up at 8.50pm, so we played for awhile, comforted him (teething), but was in good spirits. This morning, we both went back to bed around 8.15 and he slept until 10.45am (I did, too) and he's having another nap, while I do housework (blah!) and he gobbled up his blueberries and vanilla puree....I'm trying to introduce him to the foods he'll get in creche, so will be starting with meat in another week or so (he's okay on most pureed vegs and fruit, but hates peas!)....stupid question -- can you puree meat? Do you mix it with formula, etc? (he only has two teeth at the moment so might be hard to 'chew')....

Finn has had strawberries, bananas, apples, blueberries, pears, sweet potato, potato, squash, and carrots -- all pureed, tho. We'll try broccoli, pears and peas (to see if we can 'hide' peas) next....(I'm allergic to kiwi and some melons, so we won't be trying those until he's much older just in case - my OH thinks it's funny when I tell him that I always couldn't understand why people put kiwi in fruit salad or on cakes -- to me, it tastes like hot peppers!)

nothing else -- won 1 euro on the lottery, so can now 'retire'!

bye!

Congratulations Sabrina!!! :wohoo: Can you send some of that luck my way?

kosh--I'm actually surprised at how much he gets down, but the food is such that it wouldn't show up in his poo. I'll give him toast with avocado and egg yolk mushed together, or banana french toast. I don't think ground beef would really show up, either, nor oatmeal. I also give him steamed apple and cucumber, but while he's okay with the apple, and loves putting the cucumber in his mouth, he doesn't actually get much of it down. Poor thing only has those two front teeth...

I should be braver, I know. I'll look around today and see what I can find to give him.

Am I able to join ?im not pregnant but I have a 7,9 11 and 14 yer old ?:haha::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:thumbup: Sabrina! :winkwink:

More poo talk? :haha:

Oh....He's up....will be back later....

Oh, poo will take over your life as well, Indigo. Just wait...

Wow, that sounds gross.

J is in a foul mood today. It's just one of those days where he wants to do more than he's allowed. Like play with the kitchen garbage can. Eat the cat food. Eat the cat. And then he cries if we stop him. Well, I guess I should stop complaining. This is what life with him for the next 18 years is going to be like. Him doing illicit stuff. Though I hope he eventually figures out the cat food thing.

No idea if that counts or is not advised but how about potato? Easy to mash and delish :)

Potato is really good! My husband cooks some up and we give him slices of it. Mashed is good, too, but really messy in BLW. They eat it with their hands...

hey, clio -- how does your LO deal with the cat/cats? My LO isn't scared of our little cat, but her mommy is HUGE and LO will just stare at the bigger cat....

we went for a walk and then LO wouldn't settle for his late afternoon nap (plus the big cat was walking around the living room and LO/the cat were having a staring contest - LOL!), but fortunately, OH is home now!

bye.........!

Clio: Zumba is a fun dancing/ aerobics workout that use Latin music and Latin dance moves to help you burn calories. You would really enjoy it if you like dancing:). Go to www.zumba.com and check it out.

Indigo: I am not skinny but I am in good shape except my tummy:). But I know my brownies don't help with my situation:)!!

Why is bnb looking so different again?

Brave mom welcome:). You will be the voice of experience in here:). 4 kids:o! How do you do it :)?

Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies! On subject of weaning, we started with purees but now are doing about half and half finger food then purees. Now she's a bit older and got more teeth and been chewing more then I'm more confident. Who asked about pureed meat, was it Indigo? Anyway,you can puree meat. I've done it with mince, chicken, pork and turkey. And salmon and cod if you count fish. I just pureed it with whatever else I cooked for her together with a bit of milk or the water with baby stock cubes that I cooked it in if boiling together. Normally I also added pasta or potatoes plus one or two other veg like carrot or broccoli or peas. I started doing this about 5 or 6 weeks in to weaning after she'd taken a range of fruit, veg and cereals. If the puree turns out too runny then I normally add a tiny bit of cereal to thicken it. Re ideas for protein, kia loves feta cheese strips and cheese omelette. Also we've done chicken thigh strips. Other finger foods we've done are banana,melon, mango, strawberries, kiwi fruit, avocado, steamed sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, roasted peppers, toast, tuna croquettes, omelette, boiled egg and then things like rice cakes, corn puffs etc. I've tried combining them eg today she had avocado pieces with cheese omelette and mashed avocado on toast at lunchtime. This evening she had feta strips with steamed carrot and parsnip fingers and feta mashed on rice cakes. Generally she's eaten most things although it's very messy and a lot's gone on the floor. Her poo has definitely got a lot thicker but I haven't noticed any undigested bits in it. It's much better than breastmilk only nappies, they used to be very messy. Mind you, she does often seem to move very quickly when I'm changing her and get poo on her feet somehow. Yuk.

Hi and thanks for letting me join ,hi kosh leeze clio,sabrina borb and storm :flower:Indigo he's getting so big :cloud9:Bad kitty :haha::hugs::hugs:Hi to everyone else ,x

oh, forgot, indigo - that face is sooo cute!

btw, i still can't add a picture to a spoiler :dohh:

. Mind you, she does often seem to move very quickly when I'm changing her and get poo on her feet somehow. Yuk.
:haha: Oh, the joys of parenting... :haha:

oh we had poo everywhere tonight :sick:

Today was the worst I've experienced. He "found" his penis in the bath the other day, and loves to play with it. And this morning, while I was changing his poo-filled diaper, he reached down and played with his poo-covered willy. Which then went on his way to his mouth. I caught it in time, but seriously, do they not have a sense of self-preservation?

Indigo--I love the pics! The cat and N's face are too cute!

. Mind you, she does often seem to move very quickly when I'm changing her and get poo on her feet somehow. Yuk.
:haha: Oh, the joys of parenting... :haha:

oh we had poo everywhere tonight :sick:

Today was the worst I've experienced. He "found" his penis in the bath the other day, and loves to play with it. And this morning, while I was changing his poo-filled diaper, he reached down and played with his poo-covered willy. Which then went on his way to his mouth. I caught it in time, but seriously, do they not have a sense of self-preservation?

Indigo--I love the pics! The cat and N's face are too cute!

Omg :haha:I can tell I'm gonna get a few laughs on this thread :haha::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->