any other over 35 first time mums?

I am DREADING teething! I just know that Dom will fuss and cry and suffer! And I will get less sleep than ever lol. But I am also worried for my lil Sebastian. When he had the ear infection he learnt not to eat and still eats badly now that it has cleared. So I am dreading what teething will do to his appetite. :( Not that he is too skinny mind you but he used to eat with such gusto and now he is almost a kilo lighter than Dom (who admittedly is a lil cute fatty :haha:)

Welll...........Finn DID wake up after attempting a nap/sleep at 8 pm (he woke up at 8.40pm), but settled reasonably well at 11pm and slept until about 6am, then another hour from 8-9am this morning, but I couldn't sleep as I kept anticipating a cry, etc., so I fell asleep at about 2 am ....and then, he was fussy from 4 am. Tonight is OH's night to take LO (he does 2/7) and now that he can settle LO (yeah!), I'm going to have a long, leisurely sleep tonight (not a lie-in, tho -- OH hands him over around 6.30 am so he can take a shower, etc., before work)

best wishes

ps. I have a Sophie, but after some initial interest at about 2 months, he wasn't too excited, but thanks for 'reminding me'; I just gave him Sophie and he is playing with her at the moment and putting her in his mouth, so maybe a rekindled love affair will happen?

Also, thanks for the advice re: teething medicine -- we also give on a need basis (I got a syringe from the chemist as we are still getting used to spoons and I discovered that I wasn't reading the measurements right and giving him 1 ml versus the allowed 5ml per dose, so am feeling quite stupid, but at least, LO is getting about 2.5 ml now.

oh lordy - went to the park to meet an old friend and her lo's and it was lovely but martha did n ot want to stay in her pushchair she i carried her a bit and she walked about a bit and went on the swing - and all the way home had a meltdown cos she wanted to be out walking...think ill have to get her some shoes - will they even make them so small? clarks do cruise shoes - will try them first!

oh lordy - went to the park to meet an old friend and her lo's and it was lovely but martha did n ot want to stay in her pushchair she i carried her a bit and she walked about a bit and went on the swing - and all the way home had a meltdown cos she wanted to be out walking...think ill have to get her some shoes - will they even make them so small? clarks do cruise shoes - will try them first!

Is she already walking:0?

I had a dream last night in which J's top teeth had come in. He's still asleep, but I will check when he wakes up. He finally stopped fussing early yesterday morning, so we had a good day. And a good night, except for one wake-up at 12 because he was wet. My husband thought he was just sweating (???) and went back to bed. He had to get back up at 3, and discovered that no, J was not sweating.

J's now up. Teething has stopped again. But contrary to my dream, it's not because they were in... I think that I should buy shares in baby painkillers.

Anyway, must tend to J. I'll have to respond to everyone later. :flower:

Is she already walking:0?

Am curious as well?

I want to know too! Or is she cruising?

I spoke too soon about J's teething; it's back today. He's jerking his head away from the bottle again. And, of course, tonight is my night. I call this Jonah's Law. Daddy in charge? It'll be a good night! Mummy in charge... Well, we all know how this story ends...

SabrinaKat This is so great that your OH can now get her to bed. I hope you have a glorious sleep tonight.

Skweek I'm glad you have so much sorted. It's good to have friends and family to help out. Most of my stuff is second hand too; if no one could give it to me, I went to second hand shops. His entire wardrobe is second hand.

Angel All I can say is stock up on pain killers. They will save your sanity. And J always falls asleep afterwards. I was worried at first that they would damage J somehow, but at such small dosages it's fine. Do you have one with an anti-inflamatory in the UK? That's pretty essential because it helps with the swelling. With any luck, you won't have to deal with teething for a while. We're at 8 months and only now having real trouble. The first two came in without us even noticing.

Borboleta Very strange about the left teeth all coming in first. You'll have to watch to make sure his head isn't always tilting to one side. Those teeth aren't light, you know! :winkwink:

Clio Yeah I am hoping it will be a while yet :) I loooove the new pic of J in your siggy! How cute is he?! As for painkillers yes we have Calpol which is a nurofen type of thing and there are teething gels too. Don't they help J?

Also Indigo's hidden piccies are adorable! What a sweet little man he is :D

And does Martha really walk already? She is a real wunderkind :D

well....LO has been pretty good today!

I got confirmation that the creche, which I really liked, can take LO Weds, Thurs and Fridays mornings from mid-October, so emailed my overall boss and immediate supervisor -- they have 'agreed' part-time and I have it all on email, so if my immediate supervisor throws a whobbly (sp?), can prove, etc.

Clio - we have Nelson's teetha stuff over here, e.g. teething powders and a teething gel, which we find a little better than calpol gel (we use calpol/tylenol for pain-relief), which might help?

off to get a bottle of wine as it's my OH's night to take LO (yes, I know, I still get LO in the am, so won't drink too much!)

oh, I've been recommending via babyclub, an excellent activity website that another BnBer (CharmingBeake) recommended, and they send you daily activity ideas, it's www.productiveparenting.com and it's all free!

bye!

Very cool Sabrina! Thanks for reposting the link! :) Enjoy your evening and your wine :)

Edit: Tried to sign up for the email but seems to them only the US and Canada exist lol Which state should I say I am from? I think I'll choose Hawaii cause its nice and warm and gorgeous there ;)

lol only "walking" holding onto our fingers - she tries by herself but isnt strong enough (and neither is my heart lol) she cruises and stands by herself and will stand and take a few steps in a launch at something if Im not quick enough - lordy its nerve wracking - well i think so lol - shes so over crawling and just wants to "walk" everywhere up and down the hall and into the room then up and down the room, round and round the playground this am - how she isnt exhausted I dont know - i certainly am :) she crawls over and then grabs your hands and pulls up and then were off...or pulls up on the sofa and then cruises until she reaches someone or something she can launch at...

That is still walking! She IS a wunderkind! I am pretty sure my mum said both my brother and I were a year old when we started walking! Awesome! :D

Ladies, too tired to post properly. Up 3 times last night. Kia also suddenly wants to stand all the time but isn't very stable. She refused to sit this afternoon once we got back from the Stay and Play. I've had to hold her constantly, it's been a bit like having a newborn again!

Leeze :hugs: Hope you get some good sleep tonight :)

That is still walking! She IS a wunderkind! I am pretty sure my mum said both my brother and I were a year old when we started walking! Awesome! :D

I think I was 1 1/2 years old!:dohh:

wow rowan, that's amazing!! she's walking already!

I'm afraid I haven't been able to read through all the posts,so apologies if I miss anything

we're in teething hell too. was a bit better today but the previous couple of days Gael was sooo upset and clingy I could not put him down at all. That, plus waking at 3am for a couple of hours too :sleep::wacko:

indigo those picture are so sweet! but you always make me wonder what was in your deleted posts :winkwink:

borboleta - my period is completely different and in fact, MIA atm.

clio - we use a tommee tippy 'tip it up' cup. started a week or so ago and at first he was a bit confused, but I was amazed today at how well he was drinking from it already! :thumbup:

sabrina - :thumbup::happydance: re creche and part-time job!

EDIT --

Leeze
- hope your night goes better

angel - how's been Dom doing?

clio
- love the new picture!

should I add a picture in my signature? I tried to do a spoiler like indigo but something went wrong

Thanks for asking. :) Dom slept ok-ish for his daddy the night before and badly for me last night. I got a bit over 2 hours between 10 to 00:30 but then had to get up every hour after that. I wish I understood that boy. Thank golly it is OH's night tonight again lol

Very cool Sabrina! Thanks for reposting the link! :) Enjoy your evening and your wine :)

Edit: Tried to sign up for the email but seems to them only the US and Canada exist lol Which state should I say I am from? I think I'll choose Hawaii cause its nice and warm and gorgeous there ;)

oh, I put in New York (last place I lived back in 1994 before moving to the UK, then Ireland) -- always works on those sites!

Finn loves to stand (and his daddy does the music/song, 'the girl from ipanema (sp) and Finn gets very excited; he also loves sitting up on the couch like a big boy, but sometimes still pitches forward, so I have him right next to me (hands at the ready). Finn isn't ready for walking -- when we 'try', it looks more like Frankenstein than a proper baby! So, very clever Martha!

One of the cool things about the creche is that they have a curriculum regarding activities, including social and physical activities, so we/I can make sure that Finn is meeting all his developmental stuff, e.g. I was able to tick off all the social stuff, except mama, dada.....

Tried the sophie, but Finn still prefers human flesh, e.g. will drop sophie if a hand gets near him...

byeeeeee!

I hope I don't miss anyone or leave out something. This was a busy posting day!

Sabrina--what a great link! Thank you! And now I can finally be productive... And that's wonderful about the creche. It sounds perfect, in fact.

Angel--what an awful night; I'm sorry. Don't you love the nights off, though? It's like a holiday every second night!

Rowan--it sounds like she's going to be walking so soon! Jonah used to walk with our hands, but now for some reason, he believes that holding onto his hands means that we're helping him dance, allowing him to do some more sophisticated moves.

Kosh--I'm sorry you're in teething hell as well. Didn't G just have a tooth come in? Is this another one? Man, J is so far behind. But I'd be very happy if he took his time catching up.

Re: picture. Go for it! I've belonged to another TTC/pregnancy/parenting forum for years now and everyone puts pictures in their signature. I see that it's not that common here, but I love how colourful my posts end up being. And I like looking at my bubba! Do you know how to do it?

Re: sippy cup Okay, I'll get that one! So far I have Playtex with a straw, Nuk and Avent with silicone nipples. This is getting ridiculous. And he won't touch the Avent one anymore because it once had apple juice in it. Just once. This kid has a looooong memory. And obviously a very strong aversion to apple juice.

Indigo--I totally agree with Kosh. Your "deleteds" are so so intriguing. You might as well say in the post why you're deleting it, because you know we're going to demand to know in the end. :winkwink: And how are you doing?

Borboleta--I'm looking back for posts by you today, and can't find any. Where are you and Thiago?!

I have nothing much to report because J spent the day at his Oma's and I had a 4 hour nap! I have the night shift tonight, so I guess I'll be nice and awake for it. J's teething stopped again after this morning. This is so frustrating--just break through already!!! I just hope it doesn't start up again tonight.

Oh, and J is finally babbling. I was getting rather worried because even though he's a little chatterbox, he wasn't using any consonants for the longest time. A few here and there, but nothing consistent. And now, he can't stop saying "Baba, bababababa. Bla!" I think we read him too many books with sheep in them.

they were just pics of N! :haha:

N got 3 shots & I almost lost it! :cry:

when did I become such a wuss? :shrug:

Ok...Jonah is just TOOOOOO cute! How can u stand it? Love the pic!

I'm feeling like N's growing & changing too quickly....ever feel like that? He doesn't fit into his 0-3 mo clothes anymore.

well....LO has been pretty good today!

I got confirmation that the creche, which I really liked, can take LO Weds, Thurs and Fridays mornings from mid-October, so emailed my overall boss and immediate supervisor -- they have 'agreed' part-time and I have it all on email, so if my immediate supervisor throws a whobbly (sp?), can prove, etc.

Clio - we have Nelson's teetha stuff over here, e.g. teething powders and a teething gel, which we find a little better than calpol gel (we use calpol/tylenol for pain-relief), which might help?

off to get a bottle of wine as it's my OH's night to take LO (yes, I know, I still get LO in the am, so won't drink too much!)

oh, I've been recommending via babyclub, an excellent activity website that another BnBer (CharmingBeake) recommended, and they send you daily activity ideas, it's www.productiveparenting.com and it's all free!

bye!

Super cool Sabrina, the website:).! We will be checking for activities there:). And congrats on the crèche:)!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->