any other over 35 first time mums?

Kosh I know exactly how you feel, my DD used to be the same at the same age, is she showing any signs of teething? My DD didn't really learn to sleep "properly" until about 5.5 months once she was on solids, until then I had days and nights of tears (me not her) with the odd good night chucked in! She's also the same with naps, very rarely has longer than 30 minutes even now but at least she sleeps 11 or do hours at night now. It doesn't last, I promise, and you will get thru it. I'd say don't feed her each time as she probably doesn't need it and try the shhh/pat technique, when it all got too much we brought her into our bed as it used to settle her.

As for me had a really scary day yesterday, my DD had an allergic reaction to something she ate (think it was peanut butter) and got hives and swelling all over her face and hands, her eye was almost closed with the swelling and I spent the afternoon at casualty where they gave her piriton and observed her for a couple of hours. Was awful poor little mite was so distressed, luckily she's woken up this morning much more like ger old self and only a little swollen xx

Kosh I know exactly how you feel, my DD used to be the same at the same age, is she showing any signs of teething?

yep, i too think this is what's happening, as he's chewing his hand all the time

My DD didn't really learn to sleep "properly" until about 5.5 months once she was on solids, until then I had days and nights of tears (me not her) with the
sounds familiar!

odd good night chucked in! She's also the same with naps, very rarely has longer than 30 minutes even now but at least she sleeps 11 or do hours at night now. It doesn't last, I promise, and you will get thru it. I'd say don't feed her each time as she probably doesn't need it and try the shhh/pat

yep, that's what i did last night and it worked better!:thumbup:
As for me had a really scary day yesterday, my DD had an allergic reaction to something she ate (think it was peanut butter) and got hives and swelling all over her face and hands, her eye was almost closed with the swelling and
OMG that's awful! is she ok now?
I spent the afternoon at casualty where they gave her piriton and observed her for a couple of hours. Was awful poor little mite was so distressed, luckily she's woken up this morning much more like ger old self and only a little swollen xx

glad she's better!!

marthas just starting to nap during the day...since her reflux is more settled shes brill but lordy if we hadnt figured out what was going on it would have been a nightmare! itll get worse again when we have to up her milk again to 9oz and dilute the gaviscon more... shes ravenous all the time and i think really shes waking up for food in the night now but makes do with her hand / dummy...will try her with a bottle on night i think...she prises food from my mouth and tries to get in her mouth you should see her trying to eat her bonjela lol! :) think we'll start weaning at 4 months...will try baby rice and see what she thinks

i thought i'd give this thread a bump

how is everyone doing?
i'm fine, in love with my LO :cloud9:although he's the worst sleeper in town! :sleep:

Only saw this now in your siggy kosh. I am 42 and OH is 46 and we are so happy after 3 1/2 years of trying to have our boys. But by golly is it exhausting to have twins lol. Mainly this is down to my older, bigger twin Dominic who is adorable and smiley and sweet and all that but lately will wake every hour through the night. My lil Sebastian is an utter and complete angel. I know he would sleep through, given half the chance. But naturally I feed him too when I feed Dom. Ah well, I have great help with my OH who when he isn't working takes alternate nights to feed etc. :)

Hey thanks for bumping. We are doing well here, Avery now 8 months trying very hard to crawl. Waving hello, and the sweetest pumpkin in my world. I love being a Mom and I am so happy I made this decision!

Hey ladies, its been a while!!

All good this end too, Georgie will be ten months on weds, is crawling about, pulling herself up on everything and walking holding onto fingers, she also claps, bops to music and waves! I actually LOVE this stage, she is so much fun and we laugh a lot :)

The only downside is her allergies, nuts, eggs and soya so I have to be careful what I give her, just this week she's had two reactions (hives, redness and swelling) so piriton is my best friend!! Last night she woke up about midnight and was clawing at her neck which was covered in a rash poor love :(

I was made redundant in April from my job so I'm hoping to spend the rest of this year at home before hopefully getting a local part time job, fingers crossed!

How is everyone else?? Xx

oh bless re alergies!

were good - martha lovely cheery girl but v strong willed! knows her own mind - once shes learnt something shes no longer insterested and she wants to be dong things far too early which is scary! stood on her own at 6 months - shed been creeping round the sofa but let go to rip up my notepad - shes v frustrated with learning to crawl but is v nearly there give her a few days i think - scary!!! she takes her nappy off - manages to get out of straps climbs everywhere - good fun but my goodness im exhausted!! lol

x

:wave: Kosh & :hi: ladies!

I will try to catch up on this thread now, (if my LO will let me).

I'm 40 with a 1 month old.

He is so sweet & cute & cuddly & I love him so much I can't stand myself. :blush:

Is anyone else FFing?

:wave: Kosh & :hi: ladies!

I will try to catch up on this thread now, (if my LO will let me).

I'm 40 with a 1 month old. His name is Niko Alexander & here he is....

https://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j456/Indigo77/9d28ea89.jpg

He is so sweet & cute & cuddly & I love him so much I can't stand myself. :blush:

Is anyone else FFing?

What a gorgeous doll Niko is CONGRATS to you!!!!
I started combo feeding quite young 6 weeks maybe then at 3 months stopped making BM so went on strictly formula then. Now he is n formula and weaning onto solids.

I am FF my twins and have from the start. Did express twice and then once a day for ca 8 weeks though. :)

Thank you! :cloud9:

Wow! Mr. Avery William is SO very handsome!

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thank you :) Your lil man is a total angel! Makes me broody for more lil babies, crazy that I am lol

Only saw this now in your siggy kosh. I am 42 and OH is 46 and we are so happy after 3 1/2 years of trying to have our boys. But by golly is it exhausting to have twins lol. Mainly this is down to my older, bigger twin Dominic who is adorable and smiley and sweet and all that but lately will wake every hour through the night. My lil Sebastian is an utter and complete angel. I know he would sleep through, given half the chance. But naturally I feed him too when I feed Dom. Ah well, I have great help with my OH who when he isn't working takes alternate nights to feed etc. :)

interesting that they already have different personalities.never thought that one twin might STTN and the other one wake every hour!

Hey thanks for bumping. We are doing well here, Avery now 8 months trying very hard to crawl. Waving hello, and the sweetest pumpkin in my world. I love being a Mom and I am so happy I made this decision!

he's so cute - i love his hat!

Hey ladies, its been a while!!

All good this end too, Georgie will be ten months on weds, is crawling about, pulling herself up on everything and walking holding onto fingers, she also claps, bops to music and waves! I actually LOVE this stage, she is so much fun and we laugh a lot :)

The only downside is her allergies, nuts, eggs and soya so I have to be careful what I give her, just this week she's had two reactions (hives, redness and swelling) so piriton is my best friend!! Last night she woke up about midnight and was clawing at her neck which was covered in a rash poor love :(

I was made redundant in April from my job so I'm hoping to spend the rest of this year at home before hopefully getting a local part time job, fingers crossed!

How is everyone else?? Xx

oh no, allergies!! must be scary too

interesting that they already have different personalities.never thought that one twin might STTN and the other one wake every hour!

Well, they are fraternal twins and have seriously nothing at all in common, not body build, skin tone, eye or hair colour, so I guess their personalities are just as diverse. I don't mind that of course but if Dominic would just be a liiiiiittle more like Sebastian when it comes to sleep and laid-backness, I would be blissed out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->