any other skirt wearing moms?

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
I posted this in religion but its a slow forum.

Are there any other moms who only wear skirts/dresses? Do you do it for modesty or religious reasons? How long have you been doing it? Do you have your DD('s) wear them too?

we are a skirt only family. DD1, DD2 and I have been wearing skirts for about 1 year. I do it for religious and modesty reasons. People think im crazy and ive heard tons of comments about it (arent their legs cold? how do they play?).

Personally my favorite outfit is a cute flowing skirt (think hippie type skirts)/ or a long jean skirt and a t-shirt.

Modesty reasons? Wouldn't trousers be considered more modest than skirts?

Or is it because they are tight whereas the long flowing skirts aren't?

I never wear skirts anymore, don't have the legs these days :p xx

I started wearing skirts again but they are not very modest.

Modesty reasons? Wouldn't trousers be considered more modest than skirts?

Or is it because they are tight whereas the long flowing skirts aren't?

I never wear skirts anymore, don't have the legs these days :p xx

Modesty as in skirts make a girl look more like a girl. (take that how you will)

I started wearing skirts again but they are not very modest.

I had to laugh at this. :)

Ah, because trousers are originally menswear :) I get you :)

Yeah, I wish I was more into wearing skirts, maybe once I lose all this weight I've gained then I'll get back into my skirts. I was actually going through my wardrobe the other day and I have three GORGEOUS pencil skirts, one silver and black leopard print, one black with white pinstripes and one fuschia pink one with a ruffle and I am so gutted that I cannot wear any of them right now :( xx

I dont wear them all the time no, but in the summer it would be unusual to see me in trousers, i tend to wear dresses all the time, the winter im just too cold.

I always wear a dress/skirt to church and i believe in modesty and always dress in a way that is modest.

I had a friend in college who only wore skirts for religious reasons. Not because they made her look like a girl though, but because trousers showed off her figure too much which was considered inappropriate (or something like that).

I love wearing skirts and dresses and its pretty much what I wear around the house more for practicality/comfort then any other reason, I'm a fan of modest clothes though I don't mean completely covered I just don't want to have my boobs or thighs/bum on show and don't want to see anyone else's hence why I don't do the whole 'nightlife' thing, when I was younger I wouldn't have minded as but I've changed as I've gotten older :flower:

I wear maxi skirts or dresses in summer but it's to cold here in winter to wear them so I wear jeans I always wear modest clothes t shirts and vests at my collar line no cleavage or hot pants short skirts ect I married into a Muslim family so out of respect for myself and oh and our lo I wear modest but very fashionable clothes x

Outside I only wear skirts or long coat like garments for religious reasons; inside I do wear trousers etc but I don't prefer them as I just don't have the figure where trousers stay up well-and I hate belts so I do mostly wear maxi skirts, I always did even as a young teenager xx

i dont do skirts or dresses its a personal prefrence,.........i prefer trousers/shorts........... and i have two DD's and as babies they were in rompers/all in ones 99% of the time as its less restricting and more comfortable but now my girls have trousers/shorts/skirts/dresses/playsuits/two piece outfits etc in their wardrobes .........my eldest daughter who is 6 will choose to wear dresses for parties etc but as for going out to play she much rather wear trousers..........i also dont think girls look any less girly in shorts and trousers,....and i also think children should have the option to choose what they wear jmo x

My daughter lives in leggings lol she had a skirt on at school and fell over and hurt her knee so now she wears trousers.

I'm a dresses/skirts/long tunic and leggings girl, though it's not for religious reasons. I feel more comfortable in them.

Long gone are the days I can wear a skirt and look good :blush:

I do like long skirts though sometimes. If they are flowy (hippie like?). But I never have any occasion to wear them. But then it's only for a certain setting or comfort, not religious :flower:

i own 1 skirt and 1 dress, but neither are modest :haha: i only wear them once in a blue moon. 99.99999% of the time i wear jeans! poppy wears jeans or shorts and tights most of the time but has a couple of dresses. i will let her wear whatever she wants (unless its something inappropriate for her age) I have never and will never wear a long skirt though, I can't think of anything more unflattering for any body shape! what are the religious reasons behind wearing skirts??

I dont wear skirts much at all but Amelie does. She has loads of dresses and skirts but also loads of leggings and a few pairs of jeans but 9/10 she'll ask to wear a skirt and tights. Theyre short though so not that modest but shes 3.. who cares! I think its important she likes to pick her clothes and has a wide variety to pick from :shrug:

I always dress respectfully and modestly, but for worship and preaching work i only wear dresses or skirts (as do all the females) out of respect for God, as pants look too 'casual' Skirts are always knee length or longer - my fave is maxi dresses, so comfy!:) I love dressing up my little girl for worship she always looks so pretty and girly, otherwise i wouldnt have the reason to do it very often :)

Oh and i have shorter empire style dresses that i wear for casual but always wear leggings with them :)

I practically live in my skirts and leggings. They also are not modest!! My mum used to tell me to pull my belt down :haha:

i own 1 skirt and 1 dress, but neither are modest :haha: i only wear them once in a blue moon. 99.99999% of the time i wear jeans! poppy wears jeans or shorts and tights most of the time but has a couple of dresses. i will let her wear whatever she wants (unless its something inappropriate for her age) I have never and will never wear a long skirt though, I can't think of anything more unflattering for any body shape! what are the religious reasons behind wearing skirts??

Long skirts and dresses look great on me :shrug:, the religious reasons for wearing skirts are 1)to cover the shape of the legs and 2)because according to some religious jurists (in all three monotheistic religions) trousers are a garment for men. I don't personally follow this second view but I know some Muslims who do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->