any other skirt wearing moms?

Thank you for not turning this into a debate. :thumbup:

The girls own 1 pair of pants my mom bought them and they dont wear them. I have 2 pairs of pants- 1 nursing scrub type pair and 1 dress pants type. I dont wear the dress pants and the scrubs i wear to the dog park.
We let the girls pick which skirt/shirt they want to wear.

Yesterday I wore a Beatles shirt with a black maxi skirt (ankle length) with black leggings under. The girls wore corduroy dresses with shirts and leggings.

I mainly wear skirts in the winter, with tights and boots. I think it looks nice but most of the time I'm in trousers/jeans.

I think saying that trousers are classed as menswear is sexist. People may as well say that women are not aloud to vote and everyone must have blonde hair/blue eyes!!!! It's only a small thing, but trousers on women show that we have come a long way in human rights and women's rights!

I mainly wear skirts in the winter, with tights and boots. I think it looks nice but most of the time I'm in trousers/jeans.

I think saying that trousers are classed as menswear is sexist. People may as well say that women are not aloud to vote and everyone must have blonde hair/blue eyes!!!! It's only a small thing, but trousers on women show that we have come a long way in human rights and women's rights!

That is a very strong opinion, but i have to disagree. Ill even go religious on this topic for a moment.

In the bible it says a woman should look like a woman and a man like a man. It goes on later to describe what that means. It does not say a woman should wear specifically wear a dress/skirt, but it also doesnt demean women either in the bible.

Women wore skirts/dresses for a very long time, until women started in the workplace. It had nothing really to do with womens rights at the time, there were just certain jobs that a woman wore pants instead, she still was lady like and did not wear them everyday, all day when not at work. It was not until 1950's-1960s that women felt more comfortable wearing pants more than skirts/dresses. Now it is a norm.

If a women is still lady like whilst wearing trousers, then why make a point of wearing skirts because it's the womanly thing to do?

In the words of my own mother ...

"if you got it, flaunt it !"

If a women is still lady like whilst wearing trousers, then why make a point of wearing skirts because it's the womanly thing to do?

They only wore pants to work, that was it.

For me (and many others) pants are for men. I feel as though most jobs these days can be performed in a skirt. Maybe a construction job she couldnt, and maybe a heavy machine/factory type job but thats more a safety issue.

I am only trying to understand your idea of it.

I like to wear both skirts and trousers,, jeans, shorts, short skirts long skirts. It's my freedom of expression by wearing what I want and trousers come in to that. I still feel very feminine in a lovely pair of nicely fitting jeans.

But I am also under the idea that if my 2 years old son wants to go out in a skirt, or as a princess to a fancy dress party (even when he's older!) Then that is completely fine.

I never understood the skirts thing. What do you think about scotland then where men wear kilts. Also how would a girl look less like a girl just because of pants- Even Indian women wear pants (as in two sleeves down the leg)
I don't get either why anyone in todays time follows scriptures about life from 2000 years ago...
Apart from scriptures being sexistic (after all they are shown from a male perspective)
In any case I think skirts are less modest because you can easily peak whats underneath.
I think if you decide to follow those rules you could just aswell follow the Amish because at least they do it properly then- complete modesty and complete reclusiveness and devoidness of modern comforts(such as Internet, motor card and medicine)

I never understood the skirts thing. What do you think about scotland then where men wear kilts. Also how would a girl look less like a girl just because of pants- Even Indian women wear pants (as in two sleeves down the leg)
I don't get either why anyone in todays time follows scriptures about life from 2000 years ago...
Apart from scriptures being sexistic (after all they are shown from a male perspective)
In any case I think skirts are less modest because you can easily peak whats underneath.
I think if you decide to follow those rules you could just aswell follow the Amish because at least they do it properly then- complete modesty and complete reclusiveness and devoidness of modern comforts(such as Internet, motor card and medicine)

I think it depends on the type of skirt though - with some maxi skirts or very flowy ones, then yes, all you need is a gust of wind and everythings on show whereas if you wear for example a denim skirt (the non-fitted style) you cant see a thing underneath no matter what.
Have to say I do agree that dresses and skirts are more 'feminine' - I'm not saying that a woman is incapable of looking feminine or womanly in trousers, but just that they dont look as feminine as in a skirt. 'Course we're all going to differ on this issue though :winkwink:
I love wearing skirts, its all I would wear from about the age of 12. I began to occassionally wear trousers or jeans from about the age of 21 but 99% of the time I'm in a skirt - just find them so much more comfy but also more modest.

i own pants and theres nothing wrong with women wearing pants at all.....i just feel more comftable in dresses usually. Although i do own a pair of those gypsy style pants....awesome :) comfiest item of clothing ever!!

i own pants and theres nothing wrong with women wearing pants at all.....i just feel more comftable in dresses usually. Although i do own a pair of those gypsy style pants....awesome :) comfiest item of clothing ever!!

Haha! I had a pair of gypsy trousers when pregnant....soooooo comfy!

I'm a dresses/skirts/long tunic and leggings girl, though it's not for religious reasons. I feel more comfortable in them.

I wear dresses/skirts/tunic and leggings too. I feel more comfy in them, plus I feel they are easy for me to just throw on and still look smart, like I've made a bit of an effort. xxx

i own 1 skirt and 1 dress, but neither are modest :haha: i only wear them once in a blue moon. 99.99999% of the time i wear jeans! poppy wears jeans or shorts and tights most of the time but has a couple of dresses. i will let her wear whatever she wants (unless its something inappropriate for her age) I have never and will never wear a long skirt though, I can't think of anything more unflattering for any body shape! what are the religious reasons behind wearing skirts??

Long skirts and dresses look great on me :shrug:, the religious reasons for wearing skirts are 1)to cover the shape of the legs and 2)because according to some religious jurists (in all three monotheistic religions) trousers are a garment for men. I don't personally follow this second view but I know some Muslims who do xx

sorry I didn't mean to offend, just my opinion- but I'm a total tomboy ;) thanks for the info! xx

I'm a dresses/skirts/long tunic and leggings girl, though it's not for religious reasons. I feel more comfortable in them.

Same here. But then I also wear chinos and skinny jeans. I just wear what I like and what i'm comfortable in, but admit I do feel more feminine and girly in pretty skirt & blouse or dress :)x

I wear mostly fitted jeans. All my skirts are tiny and not modest at all. I feel more insecure in skirts.

I never wear trousers, I find them uncomfortable, I always wear a skirt, t-shirt, cardigan and leggings or a dress, leggings and cardigan. I have like 8-10 dresses and 4-5 skirts which I vary between xxx

im a huge dress/skirt fan. not for religious reasons but

a) it's comfy as heck.
b) it makes it SUPER easy to breastfeed
c) its more breathable
d) they look beautiful!

i wear them all summer long =]

I never wear trousers, I find them uncomfortable, I always wear a skirt, t-shirt, cardigan and leggings or a dress, leggings and cardigan. I have like 8-10 dresses and 4-5 skirts which I vary between xxx
Arent u wearing jeans in your profile pic?? :winkwink::haha:

I wear skirts a lot but not for religious or modesty reasons! I love love love maxi skirts, I own 7 of them. But I generally wear them high up with a crop top and some of them are sheer so not sure that really does my modesty any good :haha: I think maxi skirts looks beautiful on most women.

I prefer skirts/shorts to trousers - I am short and can't seem to make trousers look good. Skinny jeans are my staple! And I have a penchant for velvet leggings, don't judge me!

I only wear skirts and dresses... Personal preference. Religion or modesty isn't a factor. I just like them and find jeans distasteful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->